Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Nights

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"We had a great time at the PTN everyone was friendly  :D . We found that the english pins got a mixed reaction most really liked them, whilst others did not want to even look at them.

However the UP pin we got is reaqlly good and I can belief the amount of pin trade requests we have had for it.

I have never been on a pin trading event, so sorry for the many questions.

Do all people trade there or are there some that only show their collection and don't want to trade. Is it possible to buy pins like in the parks? Are there many people attending the pin trading nights?

I usually don't trade. I just collect them and buy only the pins I want to have in my collection.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "simonandwendy626"We had a great time at the PTN everyone was friendly  :D . We found that the english pins got a mixed reaction most really liked them, whilst others did not want to even look at them.

However the UP pin we got is reaqlly good and I can belief the amount of pin trade requests we have had for it.

I have never been on a pin trading event, so sorry for the many questions.

Do all people trade there or are there some that only show their collection and don't want to trade. Is it possible to buy pins like in the parks? Are there many people attending the pin trading nights?

I usually don't trade. I just collect them and buy only the pins I want to have in my collection.

The only pins you can buy on a PTN are the PTN pins which you usually have to queue for in order to get them as they sell out fast!

Sellers aren't allowed or supposed to sell pins on PTN its meant to be trading only. I found that some sellers can be very disinterested in trading and sometimes just want to show off their collection moreso than trade but they are supposed to be there to trade and you can always ask and all they can say is no I guess.

My PTN was at davy crockett ranch so not really a normal PTN in the hotels so there was only about 10-15 traders at it

x
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

I have a question which is not about Pin Trading Nights but about MNSSHP. We have booked tickets in October and i was wondering if they have any special pins that come out for these nights? I know they do in WDW but wondered if it was the same for DLRP?
Ro

Stitch2814

what does MNSSHP stand for?? Ive not heard/seen that before now XD

dagobert

MNSSHP stands for:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Stitch2814

Hey Ro I picked up the new DLRP brochure this afternoon as I might be going to DLRP in October for my birthday and in the brochure it gave dates to a Not so scary halloween party I aint got the brochure with me at the moment but I can remember the 15th and 22nd October as some of the dates lol

Hope that helps you out :)

Eager_Eyes

i've just booked my trip to dlp for Oct for my bday  :mrgreen: I may see you there!!!

Edit - There are usually one or two nice pins released around the time.  If I remember rightly, last year there was a special pin and lanyard that could only be bought at the events themseleves and one or two on halloween night itself.

Stitch2814

awesome what dates have you booked. IF we go it will be from the 17th-22nd October (18th is my birthday hehe) and we would be staying at the Santa Fe Hotel. Just he is going New York in July so cant book until then so time will tell really. But would be awesome if we were all seemingly going at the same time lol

Adam

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/file ... 2009-C.jpg

October 2009 - exclusive pin and lanyard for Not So Scary, with other pins for both.

andyroid20

I am going to Disneyland Paris on the 15th May for 2 weeks and I'm wondering if my holiday will coincide with a pin trading night. Can anyone help me? I ahven't been to one before and would like to go to one.

Belle's World

Thanks everyone. I am going 4th-9th October to the New York Hotel. We have alraedy booked our tickets for MNSSHP on 8th October and am very excited. Although it is my 10th visit it is my first Halloween. I will look out for pins and all of you!
Ro

Adam

Quote from: "andyroid20"I am going to Disneyland Paris on the 15th May for 2 weeks and I'm wondering if my holiday will coincide with a pin trading night. Can anyone help me? I ahven't been to one before and would like to go to one.

Most likely - they tend to be on the last Friday of each month. Keep an eye on this thread for the details.

andyroid20

Thanks for the reply.

Eager_Eyes

Quote from: "Belle's World"Thanks everyone. I am going 4th-9th October to the New York Hotel. We have alraedy booked our tickets for MNSSHP on 8th October and am very excited. Although it is my 10th visit it is my first Halloween. I will look out for pins and all of you!
Ro

Just wondering if you could tell me please how you booked your MNSSHP tickets?  I'd really like to get some for my trip but when I rang the 0844 no they advertise I was advise that they're not on sale yet and won't be for at least another 2 months

Belle's World

Hi,
We booked our holiday direct with Disney over the phone using the number on the back of the brochure (sorry haven't got it with me at the moment so i can't tell you what it is.) Whilst booking the holiday the CM actually asked me if i wanted tickets, i had already planned on getting them but hadn't got round to asking yet. They are booked and a deposit paid for them and we have confirmation so tickets are definately on sale. I wanted to add them as early as possible as i know there are only a set amount and didn't want to miss out. I suppose they may only be on sale if you book direct and then they will be available to everyone else later. Hope this helps.
Ro