Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Nights

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

Now that you mention it, there really was a lot of elderly/middle-aged people there in April. :lol: I never really thought about it. It's a shame really, because I imagine if a child ever wanted to visit one of those nights, they wouldn't have much fun.

:shock: And I had always wondered where that term "pin shark" comes from. :P I love sharks, so a while ago I bought a Disney lanyard which says "pin shark" on it, and at the end there's a Bruce medallion. Don't think I'll be wearing that again, lol!

jeakat24

Poor you! It's so hard to get into pin trading in the first place, we just collect ones that mean something to us and don't bother with trading, although I've pondered it from time to time. I'll admit I do get a bit excited about LE pins and was pleased as punch when I managed to get a LE 15th anniversary pin.

I think your experience, although not everyone's experience, is so sad and such a shame seeing as (and correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't pin trading set up in the first place to get visitors to the parks to interact and share the experience?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Aveen2008

Yeah it is sad that it's turned into a bussiness rather than a hobby fans can share!

As Davewasbaloo said the traders in Hong Kong got so bad it was banned!! :shock:

I also spoke to a woman from the DISboards who said she went to a pin trading night in DLP and experienced the same thing and will now only trade with cast members in the parks! It really is stupid how it has got far too out of hand!

However i don't want this to take from the fact that some people go and enjoy the experience too such as masamune :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

there will be a UK pin traders meet on the 7th November ...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7943
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

15yearsofMagic2008

Sorry to ask guys , but whats Pin Trading ? Because i have never done it before  :?  :?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Aveen2008

Pin trading is when....

1 you buy disney pins in the parks or the disney store or on ebay etc
2. you can trade them with either cast members in the park who have lanyards around their neck
or
3. You can now trade at the disney store in the uk also
or
4. you could trade with another pin collector or trader as they are called.

Basically its just like swapping your pin for something you like on someone elses lanyard as long as they agree.

More rules are:
1. you can only trade a max of 2 pins per day with a cast member although you can trade with other cast members for example if you were in disneyland and you traded two pins with a cast member in one shop and then walked into another and wanted to trade another two pins you could do that.
2. You can only trade a pin that isn't already on the other persons lanyard. For example if you have a donald duck pin and want a daisy duck pin from a cast members lanyard you can only trade it if that cast member doesnt already have that exact same donald pin already on his/her lanyard.
3. pins you trade must be official disney trading pins with the mickey rubber head on the back also

There are other rules but those are the main ones, as well as being curtious and friendly to those you are trading with.

:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Forgot to mention that there are pins of different values

Core pins - usually the cheapest to buy pins
Limited edition pins - pins which there is only a certain amount of them made so a pin my be released with a Limited edition of 1000. This means these pins are rarer and usually dearer to buy

Then there is cast lanyard pins - These are pins that you cannot buy in shops but are given to cast members by the disney compnay for trading

Hidden mickey pins- these are usually cast lanyard pins also, they are just pins that usually have a small black hidden mickey on them like this...

You can usually tell what type of pin it is by looking at the writting on the back which may say 'cast lanyard pin' or ' limited edition of 600' etc :D

feel free to ask anymore questions:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

15yearsofMagic2008

ohh , so its basically swapping with someone else :) . Thanks Aven :) x your a star  :D  :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"ohh , so its basically swapping with someone else :) . Thanks Aven :) x your a star  :D  :D

Yep exactly, no probs, I used to wonder what it was all about as well :D  :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"ohh , so its basically swapping with someone else :) . Thanks Aven :) x your a star  :D  :D

Yep exactly, no probs, I used to wonder what it was all about as well :D  :wink:

Lol  :lol: . ONLY 4 WEEKS TO GO TILL DISNEYLAND PARIS ! OH MY GOD !  THATS GONE FAST ! When's the next pin trading night on Aven ? x

Aveen2008

Hey,

I'm not sure if there is one in october because it usually says it on this poster (got from //http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading which shows the october releases. Perhaps with Halloween festivites there is no actual pin trading night....

I want the stars and cars pins! But They will prob be sold out quickly before I go back.
Luv Aveen xoxo

15yearsofMagic2008

Nice pins ! Aven , isn't it odd that its the Halloween pins and i can spot a CHRISTMAS one and a NEW YEAR one ?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Nice pins ! Aven , isn't it odd that its the Halloween pins and i can spot a CHRISTMAS one and a NEW YEAR one ?

Yeah I know it is odd to release them so early!
Luv Aveen xoxo

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Nice pins ! Aven , isn't it odd that its the Halloween pins and i can spot a CHRISTMAS one and a NEW YEAR one ?

Yeah I know it is odd to release them so early!

Maybe there trying to get more money  :D .

Oh wait , their thinking about their customers  :)

Stitch2814

Not been to a pin trading night at a park yet as Im new and never been to either of the parks yet, Im going in April though so I cant wait :)

But I have been to a trading day at the same store as Masamune and I fully enjoyed the time spent chatting about pins and seeing other peoples collections. We was there for 2 hours and it really flew by as we was having to much fun :)

I really cant wait for the next one but I must get more traders as I have run low on them lol