Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Nights

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

The walt one isn't actually limited edition although it's going to be hard to trade even though it's a double of mine because I dont think I would trade it unless I really liked what I was trading for (stupid since i already have one of it! :P )

I have never really seen many guests with lanyards, I would be shocked if someone came over to me and asked to trade.

I ordered some of the online edition pins today from the disney store webside...lets just say it was a small fortune!! I bought 2 of the alice one and 2 of the robin hood one and then one of the peter pan one. gonna take the extras to PTN.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

do you always keep pins specially for trading? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:) Yes I do. Whenever I'm running low on pins that I'm willing to trade, I just buy some more off eBay. I try not to pay anymore than £1.50 per pin, but depending on what's on offer, I'll go as high as £2.00 per pin. I don't trust grab bag lots, so I'll only buy groups of pins where everything you're getting is actually pictured. That way I can study each one for any signs that they may be scrappers.

Aveen2008

If you want i'll trade you for the walt pin? At least I know its going to someone who can appreciate it hehe! :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:D That would be awesome. :oops: I don't think any of my traders are as nice as yours though. They're mostly hidden Mickey pins, so they're all a bit on the small side. Since I only buy them to trade, I tend not to be too fussed about what they actually are as long as they aren't scrappers.

Aveen2008

that's ok hehe:) can i see ur pins to trade anywhere?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Hope I didn't scare you off! :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:lol: Don't be silly. My comp froze last night, but since I was heading to bed soon anyway, I just switched it off rather than restarting it. :) I took a picture of all my trade pins for you.

Like I said, they're not the greatest pins in the world ever. I bought them specifically to trade at the Disney Store and at DLRP, so as long as they're not scrappers, I don't mind trading them away.

Aveen2008

Hey hun,

I'm only one quickly as my dad's using the comp, I like the 101 dalmations one and the daisy one...not sure which though hehe also like the lil frosted mickey..hehe I will be able to let ya know later :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

I think I'll go for the Daisy pin  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:D Really?! I shall PM you then!

Aveen2008

lol yep :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Rite here is my final line up for the pin trading night...not that great and I know most of them are the uk pins but.....

I also have a spare mary poppins, Lion King and lady and the tramp to take to the parks for the pin boards. I may not take the easter stitch pin seen on this lanyard to the pin trading night but may also use it on the pin boards!

These next 3 lanyards are my core pins for trading with cast members, I had taken one or two off and added a few more I managed to get...

I have to say I like my core lanyards better than my LE's ones lol.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:shock: Gosh Aveen, your new Core additions are awesome! I love the Donald one with chicks and the Castle dangle pin. :P You're really spoiling the cast members you trade with.

Aveen2008

lol when you are down to your last two or 4 pins do you just basically ask them to trade and they have to take what you have as long as its not in their lanyard???

Aw thanks! :D I wish I had better for pin trading night but if I get one or two pins then its ok, at least its an experience! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo