What do you wish DLP could get from the other parks?

Started by TR_Wolf, July 07, 2009, 02:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

My friend was at Alton Towers ( I know its not a Disney park) but one thing I thought was a brilliant idea was how they do this thing where you can get a dvd made of your day in the park. You wear a wristband on you as you walk around the park/on rides and there is cameras which can pic up your wearabouts by the wristband you wear and it puts together a dvd of clips from your day (including on ride footage) onto a dvd for like £17!

I think that is a great idea!

I haven't been to the american or hong kong Disney parks but I am sure there is a long list of great rides we could have- I would luv to see the alice in wonderland ride in disneyland paris for one anyway!
Luv Aveen xoxo

RnRCj

Quote from: "Aveen2008"My friend was at Alton Towers ( I know its not a Disney park) but one thing I thought was a brilliant idea was how they do this thing where you can get a dvd made of your day in the park. You wear a wristband on you as you walk around the park/on rides and there is cameras which can pic up your wearabouts by the wristband you wear and it puts together a dvd of clips from your day (including on ride footage) onto a dvd for like £17!
I've always thought something like that would be good on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. The story is basically that you are taking part in Aerosmith's revolutionary new music video, so it would be nice if guests could actually see the video. They could set up cameras throughout the ride's course. Then at unload there could be moniters showing the footage of your trip which you would be able to purchase.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "Anthony"Answer: Quite a lot of stuff, actually. :lol:

- Splash Mountain
I've joined the band wagon, it's now top of my list.

- Indiana Jones Adventure
Though it would be great in WDS, it just fits too perfectly in Adventureland.

- Soarin'
Not for the spot between CinéMagique and Playhouse Disney, but towards the end of an extended Hollywood Boulevard, with airfield Rocketeer/Aviator/Howard Hughes themeing.

- Mickey's PhilharMagic
In the Art of Disney Animation building, which would be replaced with...

- Disney Animation (DCA) + Walt Disney Story (DHS)
Within the current Costuming building, plus a new restaurant.

- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
Behind Fantasyland Station, next to Casey Jr.

- Winnie the Pooh (TDL version)
Behind Fantasyland Station, next to Little Mermaid.

- Journey to the Centre of the Earth + 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (ie a basically complete but slightly scaled down height-wise Mount Prometheus from TDS)
Behind Space Mountain, sitting above the railroad between HISTA and Autopia.

- Aquatopia
Replacing Autopia, sitting within the lava rocks of new Mount Prometheus.

- Overhead Electric Railway
Running from Main Street Transportation down Discovery Arcade, behind Plaza Gardens and then across the Discoveryland entrance. Looping behind Buzz and Videopolis and then crossing through Mount Prometheus.

- Monsters, Inc. Ride & Seek
At the back of Toon Studio, hidden amongst the forest, as if a new outlet of the company built to power the studio.

- New Orleans Square + Disney's Port Orleans Resort
As a Disney Village expansion between the first and second boulevards including a new hotel in the vacant spot on Lake Disney, as per their existing plans.

- Hyperion Theatre
...But properly themed on the outside. To sit somewhere along Hollywood Boulevard.

- Pixar Play Parade
Daytime parade for the Studios.

This list will do nicely. :) Some one get it sent to Euro Disney HQ with "to do" written on top. ;)
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Luigi

i would like to see The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and the Monster's Inc ride. Guess that would occupy a lot of space, but just wishing  :D

davewasbaloo

Ok, reading this, I am very VERY scared. Most of you seem to want more toons.  :twisted:

It goes to show I am in the minority of Disney fans in Europe  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

TR_Wolf

Ok lets edit this slightly... how about NON-ATTRACTIONS?  

We've had some good suggestions so far, my favourite of which is the Dole Whip! :D

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

davewasbaloo

Well, I have already listed some of my non attraction picks such as dole whip, corn dogs, Crystal Lotus and Napa Rose. I would also love to see the variety of popcorn flavours Tokyo Disneyland offers, Gyoza Dogs, I would love to have a House of Blues and an Adventurer's Club, as well as a DLP version of Jellyrolls.

Add in a minigolf course like Fantasia Gardens and a water park ala Blizzard Beach. Mix in a little Cirque du Soliel action. Then let us not forget chocolate covered bananas and non alcoholic mint juleps, as well as Monte Cristo sandwiches. Yum.

That said, it is the differences of all the resorts that makes it worth travelling around the globe. Part of the problem with HKDL is other than the setting and the chinese food, there is nothing really unique to entice us there (until Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail are finished)

Hathaway Browne

Churros!!  :lol:
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Churros!!  :lol:

You can get them at Cowboy Cookout BBQ, Hakuna Matata and Fuente del Oro

RnRCj

Anything that isn't toon based would be a nice change! Even better, a unique non-toon-based attraction - not found in any other Disney parks!

But... we can dream. :wink:

I also really, really want the barbershop quartet. I checked a few videos of them in CA - awesome. Trash can drummers would be great too. WDS used to have something similar I believe.

luke85

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

Unfortunately, the Churros from Fuente del Oro cannot be compared to the ones in DL. The one I had from there was so greasy, nearly threw up in my mouth just thinking about it  :sick:

Decent Churros would be a welcome addition, and I'd like to dry the Dole Whip too!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "RnRCj"Anything that isn't toon based would be a nice change! Even better, a unique non-toon-based attraction - not found in any other Disney parks!

But... we can dream. :wink:

I also really, really want the barbershop quartet. I checked a few videos of them in CA - awesome. Trash can drummers would be great too. WDS used to have something similar I believe.

In the early 90's, we had both a barbershop quartet (on Main Street) and a trashcan group (in Discoveryland). Then in 2002, we had a trashcan group again in WDSP (along with the Italian Cinema band and the awesome Cotton Club style big band in Studio 1).

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

Unfortunately, the Churros from Fuente del Oro cannot be compared to the ones in DL. The one I had from there was so greasy, nearly threw up in my mouth just thinking about it  :sick:

Decent Churros would be a welcome addition, and I'd like to dry the Dole Whip too!

They can be hit and miss, but they are better than none (but agreed, nowhere near as good as Disneyland's)

TR_Wolf

I remember going to CostCo in Florida... it was spooky how similar it felt to ours at home, same layout and everything, even down to the cafe, BUT their cafe instead of cottage pie, sold Churros... very yummy, but only one between us was enough, so sweet!

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

experiment627

From Disneyland: its willingness to spend BIG into a failed new theme park

From Walt Disney World: its fireworks

From Tokyo Disney Resort: its maintenance and custodial staff

From Hong Kong Disneyland: ... now this is hard... how about its Halloween festivities?