Photos from before the resort was built?

Started by Javey74, April 29, 2009, 12:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I was wondering if any members had any photo's or weblinks that shows the actual land where the DLRP's Magic Kingdom and Hotels were built on.  :?:

It's just I'm trying to build a picture of the land as it was just before Euro Disney SCA bought it, just before the start of the development.  It's a shame they don't done archive files on Google Earth..  :wink:  :)

penfold12

I don't have any, but would imagine there aren't many, as the one I saw (with imagineers looking round and inspecting) was very non discript flat farm type land. Nothing at all that stood out to make you realize they were anywhere but a random field.

Javey74

Mmmm, such a shame..  :roll:

Kristof

The Disney Magazine once featured a nice photo of Mickey and Minnie walking through the muddy landscape long before construction began.  I'll have a look for it.

Javey74

Quote from: "Kristof"The Disney Magazine once featured a nice photo of Mickey and Minnie walking through the muddy landscape long before construction began.  I'll have a look for it.
Awwwh, that would be great if you can find it Kristof..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Thanks..  :wink:  :D

15yearsofMagic2008

I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE !ON A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE !

It's just a big island with a little river going around it .

Its on a video called '15 Ans  of Disneyland Paris ' or something like that .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

RnRCj

Am I right in saying that some of the trees at the back of Frontierland were already there before the park was built? I'm sure I've heard it somewhere. :-"

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "RnRCj"Am I right in saying that some of the trees at the back of Frontierland were already there before the park was built? I'm sure I've heard it somewhere. :-"

I think your right . XD

Javey74

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Its on a video called '15 Ans  of Disneyland Paris ' or something like that .
If you put that title into YOUTUBE, you do actually get this>>

[youtube:lbat2ox7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRUV4a8LCI[/youtube:lbat2ox7]
It does contain land construction shots..  :wink:  I also love the clip of Donald walking with all those ducks behind him..  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Javey74"I also love the clip of Donald walking with all those ducks behind him..  :mrgreen:

You would have loved the old Donald Duck parade that they had years and years ago; it was literally Donald walking the parade route, followed by hundreds and hundreds of real ducks and a soundtrack of quacks :P

Javey74

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Javey74"I also love the clip of Donald walking with all those ducks behind him..  :mrgreen:

You would have loved the old Donald Duck parade that they had years and years ago; it was literally Donald walking the parade route, followed by hundreds and hundreds of real ducks and a soundtrack of quacks :P
Get me back to that parade, I'd be in my hayday..  :D/  :D/  :D/

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Get me back to that parade, I'd be in my hayday..  :D/  :D/  :D/

I just said something very silly. You see, I made that last post without watching the video. I thought Javey was talking about another shot that is often used by the resort, but in fact, he was talking about the parade itself :oops:

My bad guys, it's getting late :roll:  :lol:

Javey74

Don't worry BB, I'd still have been estatic..  :mrgreen:

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Javey74"Don't worry BB, I'd still have been estatic..  :mrgreen:

LOL ! XD! Is Donald Duck your idol ?

Javey74

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"
Quote from: "Javey74"Don't worry BB, I'd still have been estatic..  :mrgreen:
LOL ! XD! Is Donald Duck your idol ?