Disney Blockbuster Café

Started by Kristof, April 24, 2009, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

i like the yellow window, i think that table looks like its just for the imagineers props  :D

Nala_84

Oh, so many news everywhere  :shock:

But I think the Pirates-area could look quite good when it's finished :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

New photos from our trip report.

Pete's Dragon

Have they started on the Narnia room yet, or is it just gonna be POTC and HSM ??

Kristof

It'll be these two themes only, Narnia was dropped.  (Sadly, since they have lots of props and costumes stored backstage now.)

Detail I forgot to mention, the large black wall on the right (third picture) had a drawing sketched on it.  Also notice the chandeliers suspended from the ceiling.  The light bulbs flickered like a candle.  And the windows have been covered with a blue filter so the it gives this moonlight effect.

Pete's Dragon

Just had a nice idea for the POTC area. They could have a picture of Barbosa in full pirate get-up, which changes to his cursed skeletal version as you walked passed. Either like a 3-D hologram, or like the window inside the castle. Now that would be cool.

As for no Narnia, it kinda makes sense. As they're not making the 3rd film they probably thought that this would be like free advertising for somebody else's film

davewasbaloo

Shame they are not going to use the Narnia gear. Perhaps a little exibit as a part of the tram tour queue would be nice.
since 2001 (many before that)

Gareth

cant wait to see some real props hmm wot from hsm could go in there oo oplease let it be somthing that sharpey touched  [-o<

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

DanielCraig

Quote from: "Gareth"cant wait to see some real props hmm wot from hsm could go in there oo oplease let it be somthing that sharpey touched  [-o<

Ill second that!  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

All our wishes
Will
come
True

luke85

I think the POTC room is starting to look really cool! I'll definitely pay it a visit the next time I get to DLP. Can't wait to see it completely finished! :D

RnRCj

Yay! The car is gone! :mrgreen:

The PotC area looks okay actually. At least the props in the cabinet look authentic. I don't understand why they dedicated such a large area to HSM though, when they clearly don't have many ideas for it.

Gareth

yay im not the only ashley tisdale fan here hehe lol :D and potc area does look cool why is it so much more profeshinal than hsm :( lol  :roll:

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Owain

Quote from: "RnRCj"Yay! The car is gone! :mrgreen:

Im so use to it being there now i didnt realise til' you said RnRCj !

Pirates area looks amazing, HSM is good too. Like i couldnt expect more from it  :)

Anthony

McFly on Disney Central Plaza posts that the Pirates of the Caribbean room opens tomorrow, with a nice picture of the [strike:1dxf4wbp]Backl[/strike:1dxf4wbp]- err Blockbuster Café team:

Who'd have known so many people work there?

Aveen2008

Aw that's a lovely group photo! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo