Entire set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholas-c ... 703038488/

Newest most interesting.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Yaargh, Pirates be a coming me 'arties! :wink:

Looks like the Pirates area could be the highlight of this project 8)

Source: Scrooge on Disney Magic Interactive

Willow

I always knew the Pirates area would make up for the High School Musical area.  :P

It looks like its starting to shape up nicely, can't wait to see the finished article.

Reiana

Wow, old torn up canvas. It's really something. :wink:
Sorry, couldn't resist on that one.

If at all, I think, I will definitely eat at the pirates section, not HSM.

RnRCj

"hmmm... what shall we do with these old bedsheets from the Disneyland hotel?"

bigrossco

Quote from: "RnRCj""hmmm... what shall we do with these old bedsheets from the Disneyland hotel?"

sell them on ebay £££
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

-breeno-

Quote from: "bigrossco"
Quote from: "RnRCj""hmmm... what shall we do with these old bedsheets from the Disneyland hotel?"

sell them on ebay £££

Or... turn them into the sails of the Black Peril (as pictured above) ;)

Anyway so far to good for the POTC set, looking forward to seeing it complete :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

The restaurant is advertised on the back of this week's Programme: http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf

I presume that's because the current guidemaps still list Backlot Express, but maybe it means the overlay will finally be finished soon?

DLP-Photos.com

The Pirates room looks rather promising so far (and yes, I know they've just added some torn up sheets), but it still looks promising ;)

I don't think I will eat in there when I go in October, but I surely will go in to take a look at the "two" restaurants :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

peep

If you haven't seen my Trip report yet you may be interested to see this pic...

Yep, they've added a new part to the sign, a nice new sign saying 'cafe'. I think it looks ok like that, nothing special but better than it looked before.

Inside the HSM section was the same and couldn't really see much of the Pirates section, a large black piece of material was in the way, didn't look like anyone was in there doing anything though.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Thanks for the update!

Yes, the "Cafe" part certainly seems the best to me as well, and "Blockbuster" looks much better with the black outlines, but the whole thing together... my god, did they even draw this out on paper before putting it up? It looks like three separate teams were each asked to design part of the logo, then they jumbled them together at the end.

Willow

The black outline really does make the signage look better, still not great though.

Its not 3D enough for me.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks for the update!

Yes, the "Cafe" part certainly seems the best to me as well, and "Blockbuster" looks much better with the black outlines, but the whole thing together... my god, did they even draw this out on paper before putting it up? It looks like three separate teams were each asked to design part of the logo, then they jumbled them together at the end.

I totally agree, I really don't think it matches the theme inside but then again who ever decided that HSM and POTC went together?! :?  :?:
Luv Aveen xoxo

RnRCj

As we approach the end of this refurb, let's just sum up what's happened:

a) the interior has been made much less exciting with the loss of the authentic and interesting props.
b) the exterior hasn't improved at all.
c) the menu hasn't improved either.

So yes. Well done Disney. This refurb was obviously well worth it. *sarcastic clap*

Oh I feel miserable writing this! At least it looks freshly painted. :lol: