Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Belle's World"Have just been on a different forum and someone else had also sent an email asking for the upcoming pins to be put back on, the reply they got was basically sorry but we have no plans to do this. The only way will now be going into the shop and looking. This is really bad especially for the people like myself who have to travel a long way just to get to the shop, don't really want to have to do this on the off chance a pin i like may have come out.

Ro

Please tell them this! large retail companies will always listen to their customers more than staff. If we want it back, we need to tell them not just discuss it on here :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"Although I'm not far from my local Disney Store, I still think it sucks that they've taken away the upcoming pins page. :( I used it to plan ahead in regards to what money I would be spending as well.

Ah well. On the bright side, at least the pins are always released on the website on Friday. That way at least if you see a new pin you like, you can just head down on Saturday.

Lets hope they aren't slow putting them on the site like they are with the current releases! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

This is true. I'll be checking the website first thing tomorrow evening when I get home from work!

Aveen2008

I notice they have finally put baloo, happy and 2 of those mickey pins on the website today!

What pins were supposed to be released today/tomorrow was it the 3rd mickey pin?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Mickey and the Giant and the Stitch pin I think?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Mickey and the Giant and the Stitch pin I think?

I don't think the stitch one was out till november was it? I am just thinking because I remember looking at the pins that were released tomorrow (being my birthday) and not thinking they were that great although i could be wrong, I hate how they have removed the upcoming releases! :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:( They haven't been added to the website, but as far as I know, it's the new LE Mickey pin and an Up pin. :) I'll be buying the Up pin tomorrow for sure.

Aveen2008

Me2 if my store has them out. They always seem to have their delivery either on a friday night or saturday morning and they have difficultie finding the pins and have them available early on saturdays unfortunately.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

I am starting to get a little worried as I cant even find the new pins on here http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index surely they cant be ceasing to sell them ... can they?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I am starting to get a little worried as I cant even find the new pins on here http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index surely they cant be ceasing to sell them ... can they?

I don't think they would as its been pretty successful esp in the english stores I think...but then again you never know.. in some ways I wouldn't be surprised, its nt the first bad move they would have made :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

well on one hand they have been reducing LE sizes, and had a month with no releases, they havent announced a Halloween pin, the last pins showing on the Pin Trading website are the Up bottlecap, Baloo and Happy pins and both the stores and their website have a backlog of LE pins that havent sold (every online LE is still available, Kermit and Miss Piggy Valentines pin is still hanging around like a bad smell dispite being a cheap trader), They avoided my question when I asked if they were stopping selling pins  and theres no more room for many Disney Stores to display all the LE that they have.
Also our Disney Store has never recieved a refresh on trader pins from the America parks :(

But they have just made extra space for Core pins in stores, it has been fairy popular (look at the UP pin, but thats the only one really that has sold out quickly, not even Paddy's day stitch went that quick) But they cant stop the UK pins

Masamune

:D I had such a great time at the Pin Trading morning in the Manchester store today. :P It was so much fun! They set up a table so that people could lay out their collections and traders, and they had a big cork board set up which had all the pins that are available to buy on it. I traded for a bunch of really lovely pins, including a Cheshire Cat one which I absolutely love!

:( The only downside was that the Up pin that was supposed to be released today hadn't arrived in store at all! The staff member who's in charge of the pin trading stuff said they had been given no info at all about what had happened to the Up pin. :lol: So then we all had a rant about the new website. Seriously, NO ONE likes the new site.

But yes, other than that it was great. :) Can't wait for the next one in two weeks!

Aveen2008

Clarebelle: yeah I agree in many ways its been a struggle moreso than a success but they can't stop them  :(

Masamune aw wow that sounds brilliant, your so lucky!! I don't think my store got any pins in today, the girl in charge didn't think there was. I got 2 grape soda pins, I still don't really like them so I may trade both, not sure though. would love to see the pins you got today:)

I think my pins may have arrived today, i don't know 2 packages came for recorded delivery but i wasnt home so I have to wait until monday to collect them! Typical! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Eager_Eyes

I was all for the idea of them updating the site.  At first I kind of liked it but now that feeling has faded.  I want the upcoming pins page back just like everyone else I used to like going there to have a little look at what was coming along.  Although to be fair the last couple of pins it wasn't much use as the photos were just farrr too small.

I really hope that they don't decide to stop UK pin trading it would be so unfair to take it away from us now, I think realistically its not even been going for a year yet things like this take time to establish themselves properly.  And it needs better advertising.

Massamune - I'm glad to hear the meet in Manchester went well. I'm aiming to make it to the next one,  I don't often get weekends off so its difficult for me to get there.  But its looking good for the next one :)

Clarebelle

Im glad the pin meet went well Masamune and I hope they get the Up pin in soon

I agree with everyone that they cant stop pin trading, of corse I do, but I'm just a little worried lol. I know it hasnt been a year quite yet, but from a retail prospective they are holding a lot of stock (albeit very small stock) that isnt selling very fast (the old LE) which to a  company means dead money, they have paid for them to be made, but are not selling, and taking up space both in stores and in stockrooms for their website. Maybe the answer is a SALE?!?!?!

I cant wait to get the new pins today but I dont have my shareholders card :( it is with my friend in Disneyland so its in a much much better place.