Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Quote from: "Clarebelle"hehe I love that donald and tic and tac one too! thinking of getting a few to trade while in DLP  too
I'm thinking of getting a starter pack the next time I go to DLRP, but to trade over here at the Disney Stores..  :D

Clarebelle

buy the ones on promotion. they normally have at least 2 half price and with AP discount you get an extra 20% off! I worked it out to cost 1€ 70 each! bargan
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Thanks clare and David for posting the pics of your pins, I am itching to get mine...now think I wont get to my disney store until Wednesday!!!! :o  :shock:  :(  I do like the Mary poppins one I have to say! I want them all now!! lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Thanks clare and David for posting the pics of your pins, I am itching to get mine...now think I wont get to my disney store until Wednesday!!!! :o  :shock:  :(  I do like the Mary poppins one I have to say! I want them all now!! lol
I know what you mean Aveen, choices choices.. :-k  :wink:

Clarebelle

You could just give in and opt for a full collection like us lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

will u kill me david if I say i am not too fused on the donald one for my personal collection  :oops: ..hmm maybe I should move continents now :shock:

so I think I will just be buying snow white and mary poppins..well maybe 2 mary poppins lol :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"will u kill me david if I say i am not too fused on the donald one for my personal collection  :oops: ..hmm maybe I should move continents now :shock:

so I think I will just be buying snow white and mary poppins..well maybe 2 mary poppins lol :P
He-he-he, of course not Aveen, you stay right where you are. I don't mind, everyone has there favourite character pin collections, and well, as you all know Donald is mine, so it's a must buy for me..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"will u kill me david if I say i am not too fused on the donald one for my personal collection  :oops: ..hmm maybe I should move continents now :shock:

He-he-he, of course not Aveen, you stay right where you are. I don't mind, everyone has there favourite character pin collections, and well, as you all know Donald is mine, so it's a must buy for me..  :mrgreen:

phew hehe I really like donald, i don't really know why this pin doesn't appeal to me tho :? I would luv if they released a donald and daisy one...aw that would have been a good romance pin hehe...even if thats not prince and princess! :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Snow_White_Girl

I now have the Mary Poppins celebration edition (present from my Dad yesterday :D) and the Jafar and Madam Mim spinners! Decided to leave Ursula and Snow White till I get paid next week :)

On a separate note, is there any way you can recommend CMs from the Disney Stores in the same way you can recommend them at City Hall in DLP?? The reason I ask is the girl who served me and my Dad in the Arndale Centre store yesterday was SO lovely. I don't know whether any of the members here who visit that store have encountered her, her name's Sarah... Anyway, usually when I go in and ask to look at the pins they look at me a little funny, but this girl just asked me if I was a pin collector and when I said yes she said she's always on Pinpics finding what she can buy next (lol!)... I was after the Jafar and Madam Mim spinners predominantly so I asked her which spinners they had left and she said they had Madam Mim and Ursula and she thought they had one Jafar left.. Anyway she said she'd check and then went searching through 4 boxes full of pins for about 5 minutes to try and find the Jafar one; she didn't find it in the end but it was so nice that she tried :) I was hoping she'd be there again when I went back today but unfortunately she wasn't :(

\":lamp:\"

Masamune

:D Sarah is lovely! I was chatting with her today. :P Me and my mum like her so much that when we went to DLRP in April we tracked down a Giselle pin which my mum traded for so we could trade it to Sarah, since that's the character she has on her name badge. We get on really well with the staff in the Manchester store, so we try and get pins of their fave characters so that they can trade them off the lanyards for their own collection.

Today I traded for the new G-Force pin and a nice little framed Belle pin, which I ended up trading to my mum because she wanted it.

Aveen2008

I have to say because of pin trading I have been able to speak to some great staff members in my local store in belfast! It's great when they are so helpful! :D

Can't wait to go tomorrow and get the mary poppins and snow white pins!! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I have to say because of pin trading I have been able to speak to some great staff members in my local store in belfast! It's great when they are so helpful! :D
I feel exactly the same way Aveen.  Some of the regular Cast Members I speak to at my local Disney Store are actually friends of mine on FaceBook now..  :D/  

Goes to show what can evolve from simply Pin Trading..  :o  :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I have to say because of pin trading I have been able to speak to some great staff members in my local store in belfast! It's great when they are so helpful! :D
I feel exactly the same way Aveen.  Some of the regular Cast Members I speak to at my local Disney Store are actually friends of mine on FaceBook now..  :D/  

Totally, it's only because of a member of this forum (Magic238) that I am so into pin trading! She works in the Belfast store on Saturdays and recognised me one time and encouraged me to do my first trade! unfortunately I don't get to see her much as I am often not down on Saturdays but I am now known my certain staff members and can have a wee chat with them which is nice...although they probably think I am very sad indeed :P  :oops:  :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"

Totally, it's only because of a member of this forum (Magic238) that I am so into pin trading! She works in the Belfast store on Saturdays and recognised me one time and encouraged me to do my first trade! unfortunately I don't get to see her much as I am often not down on Saturdays but I am now known my certain staff members and can have a wee chat with them which is nice...although they probably think I am very sad indeed :P  :oops:  :lol:
He-he, when my local got refurbished, I went in and started taking photo's of inside the store, now that got some looks, and comments aswell..  :roll:

What was that word again, oh yes 'Sad'..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

But that day seems quite away in the distance now, especially thinking of the staff I've gotten to know..   :wink:  :D

Aveen2008

Have you done anymore trading lately?

I will hopefully do some more trading tomorrow :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo