Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"The lanyards in the Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre stores are pretty much always out, though the person wearing them is usually on the tills.. There was a CM in the Trafford Centre last week with an amazing Maleficent pin on her lanyard, made me wish I didn't like all the pins I already have so much! ;)

I'm going to the Disney Store tomorrow so I am hoping they will take the cast lanyard out if I ask to trade. [-o<
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Did a trade today and got these two pins...

The top one is a cast lanyard pin and the other is just a trading pin. I swapped them for a stitch pin and a mickey pin of my own which i didn't mind loosing.

I also bought these 4 and found the stitch pin that I hadnt seen before..

The staff were brilliant, so lovely to me this time in the Belfast store, I couldn't have asked for any nicer service or cast interaction!! =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  They brought out both Lanyards for me to see so it was great to see what pins I could get! :D  :D  :D  :D  I am addicted now!! :oops:

There pins also arrived from my ebay purchases(sorry the photos not great)...

The fox and the hound pin is limited edition of just 250! Because the Donald pin is so like the cast lanyard pin I think I will trade him the next time I am in the DIsney store. I have just put these pins on random backgrouns to make them easier to photograph lol! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Agent Lex

Early pictorial update today, since I have to sneeeeakily do it at work. Going out this evening. Anyway, let's get started.

Limited Edition

The villains spinner series looks to continue with... Madame Mim! An unexpected turn, but certainly not an unwelcome one. Yet another one I'll have to get of course. And 'll be spending lots of money that week, as the next House pin also comes out, Minnie and her house.

There's also a celebration pin for The Lion King's 15th birthday, it looks like. Another cool-looking pin... I'll be broke in 4 weeks!

Core (Open) Edition
Nothing new in the Core edition box, as usual.

Today's releases include...
Limited Edition
Jafar/Snake - next in the villain spinner series, of course. LE 1000, £7, nothing unusual but still a great continuatin of the series (third of five)

Peter Pan - an unusual spinner off to the side like that, but again nothing we didn't already think might happen. LE 1000, £7, but you didn't need me to tell you that.

And that's about it this week, I'm afraid. Only a short little update.

Clarebelle

Madame Mim!!!!
OMG I nearly inhaled my pizza!!
That is sooo cool! I hoped they would do her, I mean who else could they do except Ursula/eels or "Vanessa"? theres not much choice is there
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

i love the 2 celebration pins!! Lion King especially yay!! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

15MagicalYears

Oh wow, that Lion King pin looks awesome!
I need to save my little pennys before the 5th of June. LOL  :-"

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Agent Lex"The villains spinner series looks to continue with... Madame Mim!
Well I'll be darned! I never thought they'd include Madam Mim, embarrassingly I have to admit that I forget that The Sword In The Stone even exists sometimes... Well, apart from when I go to DLP and try to pull the sword out of the anvil!! ;)

Quote from: "Agent Lex"There's also a celebration pin for The Lion King's 15th birthday
Oh dear, now I feel very VERY old!! :(

\":lamp:\"

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"
Quote from: "Agent Lex"The villains spinner series looks to continue with... Madame Mim!
Well I'll be darned! I never thought they'd include Madam Mim, embarrassingly I have to admit that I forget that The Sword In The Stone even exists sometimes... Well, apart from when I go to DLP and try to pull the sword out of the anvil!! ;)

Quote from: "Agent Lex"There's also a celebration pin for The Lion King's 15th birthday
Oh dear, now I feel very VERY old!! :(

wow me2!! I remember being so excited about the release of the lion king and taping anything off the tv related to it!! :oops:  :D  wow 15 years is unbelievable in many ways!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Can't wait for the new pin releases on Saturday!! :D  :D  :D

I wonder how much the Celebration pins will cost?!!  :D  :D  :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Agent Lex

My guess is £7, that's the maximum they charge for LE pins I believe, other than website-exclusive ones.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Agent Lex"My guess is £7, that's the maximum they charge for LE pins I believe, other than website-exclusive ones.

Yeah although the lady and the tramp celebration pin was £3 and the muppets one was £5 but at least the max is £7, they are pretty dear when you think about it. It's really an adult thing like most children would find £7 a lot of money for a pin which they can't exactly play with or anything. :?

Heck I find £7 a lot of money too at times for them lol :P

If you're buying even a few pins in the Disney store the price can shoot up very fast - as I always find out when I impulsively buy so many lol!

Aveen x
Luv Aveen xoxo

Carnival_Princess_

I was charged £5 for the Lady and the Tramp valentines pin at the Bluewater Disney Store  :?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Carnival_Princess_"I was charged £5 for the Lady and the Tramp valentines pin at the Bluewater Disney Store  :?

oh that's a bit odd, maybe I am wrong then lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Carnival_Princess_

Hmm, or I got ripped off lol  :wink:  Never mind though, I still love it either way!

Agent Lex

I do recall hearing that the Lady and the Tramp pin was £3, but I also know that all LE pins are £5-£7. Not sure if the price got updated when they brought that in.