Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "casschr05"when do new core pins come out? is it every 3/4 month or something? thanks!
A few new core pins come out every 4 weeks, I think. The latest ones came out just this weekend.

That's a lotta pins there Aveen! I especially noticed the St Patrick's Day Stitch and Lady and the Tramp Valentines pins there - they still had those? That's quite a find, congrats! I like both those, shame I got the Muppets Valentines one instead (though I like that too!).

Yeah the cast member let me look through the old ones they had which was great.:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

If theres a such thing as a pin trading flu i think i caught it because I have also spent £100 on pins on ebay over the past week..heres a few that have arrived already.. I am sceptical wwhether the Sally pin is real because it only days disney and made in china on the back..

Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

...I want that Cheshire pin. Badly. *Paws at the monitor* :( It's not working!

I spent £55 on eBay for a bunch of trading pins recently. They worked out at £2.11 each, which isn't too bad. :o My mum bought the set that that Scrooge pin of yours is from, so I traded for the Scrooge one and the Horace one because they're both very cool.

:) Right now I'm waiting on a new Cheshire pin and an amazing Gaston pin that I can't wait to show you guys. ;)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"...I want that Cheshire pin. Badly. *Paws at the monitor* :( It's not working!

I spent £55 on eBay for a bunch of trading pins recently. They worked out at £2.11 each, which isn't too bad. :o My mum bought the set that that Scrooge pin of yours is from, so I traded for the Scrooge one and the Horace one because they're both very cool.

:) Right now I'm waiting on a new Cheshire pin and an amazing Gaston pin that I can't wait to show you guys. ;)

Hey there :D

I think the seller had a few of that Chesire Cat pin...let me see if I can find the link...

*looks on ebay*...

yep ..here's the link..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/326-Disney-pin-Th ... 7C294%3A50

I'll private message it to you incase you dont see this:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

magic_823

Hey everyone soo sorry if i caused any discomfort on this whole pin trading topic- not my intention.

Ok so i checked and i think we can have the lanyard out at all times but can only put cast lanyards pins on at random times of the day, on random days. yeah!
need to confirm that.
But at the minute we not all cast are up to speed on the rules so we cant have it out a all times just yet- im working on rectifying this  :D
so hopefully by next week everyone will be clued up!

Also Aveen make sure u come in and trade with me!

As for pins- we have loads of old ones as its not really a big thing over here so we still have a good few- as for cast lanyard ones we have loads.
So anyone in Ireland please come and trade .
It would really make my or other cast members day :)

Thanks
Nadine

Aveen2008

Quote from: "magic_823"Hey everyone soo sorry if i caused any discomfort on this whole pin trading topic- not my intention.

Ok so i checked and i think we can have the lanyard out at all times but can only put cast lanyards pins on at random times of the day, on random days. yeah!
need to confirm that.
But at the minute we not all cast are up to speed on the rules so we cant have it out a all times just yet- im working on rectifying this  :D
so hopefully by next week everyone will be clued up!

Also Aveen make sure u come in and trade with me!

As for pins- we have loads of old ones as its not really a big thing over here so we still have a good few- as for cast lanyard ones we have loads.
So anyone in Ireland please come and trade .
It would really make my or other cast members day :)

Thanks
Nadine

Aw Nadine don't worry it was me that stired things up unintentionally..but i am glad that the lanyard will be out more once everyone gets used to the rules :D . I will be in to trade with you again soon hopefully.. I don't drive so I have to persude my ones to take me up!  [-o<

hopefully see you soon!!:D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

At last I arrived at my local Disney Store last night and the new pins were in, actually they had been in all along..  :roll:  

Victoria told me one of the CM's had put them in the bottom draw by mistake, she said she was hoping I was going to pop back in on the Sunday, but I didn't..  :mrgreen:  Anyway as far as the Donald LE Pin, I was nearly unlucky, all of them had gone except for the one on the Pin Board, so she asked the Manager if I could have that one.  It was funny since I had my Donald DLRP joggy top on, she turned round to Victoria and said that I could since I was wearing a large Donald Logo'd top, and I'd been waiting for a little while to get my hands on it..  :lol:  :mrgreen: Awwwh, really nice of her..  :D/

Anyway, here it is>>

There's another Donald pin I've noticed coming out released on the 5th June..  :D/  :D/  Another must..  :wink:  :D

Also came the Belle and Castle>>

Now Jen also managed to trade to get a couple of the current ones, Lucky and the loveable Marie..  :wink:  :D

Aveen2008

yay i am glad you got it Javey, i got it the other day too, they must have sold out really fast in your disney store!! Good job that we can get them online too. I spotted the donald on sale next month too, looks good hehe!:)

how come you manage to be able to take great pictures of your pins? mine always come out blured!:P eheh!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Thanks Aveen.  :D

I'm just really pleased I got it..  :D/

As for the photos, I use the Macro function on my camera, it's on the first setting which gives clear pictures up to 4" away, as the second setting goes to within a centimetre, that would be too close..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

I always put the ISO on just 100 with suppressed flash mode. Also just to make sure of no wobble I use a tripod with the camera seat angled looking downwards onto the subject. :D I've had more trouble getting the right backgrounds to be honest, what can look black to the naked eye actually come out grey in close up..  :roll:

I finish the photo off on 'MGI Photosuite 3', for cropping, colouration and to remove any fluff or specks on the pin which I didn't really notice when taking the shot. Since specks of dust or fluff really show up on pins by the time you enlarge them..  :mrgreen:

Other than a few other tweaks here and there not mentioned like glare and scratch removal etc, that's pretty much it. :mrgreen:

casschr05

Right guess where I went today  :P  yep the Cambridge Disney Store finally!!!

When I went into the store I headed straight for the tills and purchased 3 pins:
* LE Mickey/Pluto's House
* LE Donald Boat House
* LE Maleficent Spinner

Then I had a browse around the store noticing there was no lanyards out :(
I saw a pin that I really wanted on the board so I walked back over to the tills and Purchased the:
* LE Stitch with Gun (and the frog spinning bit :lol)
and I asked if the cast lanyards were out and the woman serving called someone over and showed me both the lanyards :)
I collect resort/park pins (like attractions etc) I saw a resort vacation pin that I traded for :) I am glad with that trade :)

I spoke to the cast member for a little while and said they trade a bit and every week a man comes in to trade some pins
I noticed a Space Mountain Mission 2 pin from DLRP on there!

My Disney Store collection to date:

Heres that trade I did today:

and a pin I brought in the 5th avenue NYC store:

(sorry about the long post :lol:)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"Thanks Aveen.  :D

I'm just really pleased I got it..  :D/

As for the photos, I use the Macro function on my camera, it's on the first setting which gives clear pictures up to 4" away, as the second setting goes to within a centimetre, that would be too close..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

I always put the ISO on just 100 with suppressed flash mode. Also just to make sure of no wobble I use a tripod with the camera seat angled looking downwards onto the subject. :D I've had more trouble getting the right backgrounds to be honest, what can look black to the naked eye actually come out grey in close up..  :roll:

I finish the photo off on 'MGI Photosuite 3', for cropping, colouration and to remove any fluff or specks on the pin which I didn't really notice when taking the shot. Since specks of dust or fluff really show up on pins by the time you enlarge them..  :mrgreen:

Other than a few other tweaks here and there not mentioned like glare and scratch removal etc, that's pretty much it. :mrgreen:

wow u really know what your doing!! :D  :D  

Chris: nice pins!! :D I don't remember that Stitch with a Gun one ever being released :? Is it new or did I miss it? hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Stitch was released about a month ago?
we got a few of him to trade in DLRP ;)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

cool Thanks clare, i must have missed seeing that one!! :D  I have never traded before in DLP think I may try in September!  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:) I actually traded for the Stitch with Gun pin. :shock: I was so shocked that a £7 ended up on a cast lanyard.

Snow_White_Girl

The lanyards in the Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre stores are pretty much always out, though the person wearing them is usually on the tills.. There was a CM in the Trafford Centre last week with an amazing Maleficent pin on her lanyard, made me wish I didn't like all the pins I already have so much! ;)

\":lamp:\"