Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Clarebelle"My "Traded for " page  :roll:

Nice collection :) I like the Alice character series you got going there. I wish more series would creep their way into stores over here (like more of the gold star ones *hint hint*).

Masamune

:D I think I struck very lucky with that Tink pin.

@ Clare - Your collection is lovely! :P Like I said in the Merch thread, I've been wanting that Cheshire watch pin for ages. Did you trade for it at your local Disney Store?

@ 15MagicalYears - o.o You should've asked a Cast Member if they had started trading yet. When we went to the Trafford Centre store, they weren't actually wearing the lanyards, even though they had started trading. This is because it's a very busy store, and they didn't want their staff members to get distracted by people trading pins. :) Once we asked about pin trading, they were happy to go get their trading lanyard.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Clarebelle"aw, couldnt you get someone to do it for you?
its funny, i dont think I have ever had to enter my date of birth when ordering :? odd

No, you don't need to enter your date of birth but before you enter your details there is two boxes you must tick.
- I agree to the Disney Store terms + conditions
and
- I am at least 18 years of age.

And I didn't want to go around breaking any rules  :(

And  about the CM trading, I'll be sure to try that out next time!  :)

Javey74

A few purchases a few hours ago..  :mrgreen:

Aurora & Castle - Series Pin £5.00

Cinderella & Castle - Series Pin £5.00

Stitch with Guitar - Standard Pin £3.00

Masamune

:) That Aurora one is really beautiful isn't it? I bought that the same day it came out.

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" :) That Aurora one is really beautiful isn't it? I bought that the same day it came out.
Well you know our Jen, once she saw them that was it..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Straight away she asked the Cast Member when Snow White was due out with her castle..  :mrgreen:  She said well Belle was due out on 9th May, but Snow White has no release date as yet.

So Jen got the two available for now, and is counting the day's to the 9th..  :mrgreen:

Masamune

What does Jen think about the size difference between the Aurora pin and the Cinderella pin? In your pics, they definatly look like they're from the same series. In reality though, the Aurora pin is almost twice the size of the Cindy one!

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune"What does Jen think about the size difference between the Aurora pin and the Cinderella pin? In your pics, they definatly look like they're from the same series. In reality though, the Aurora pin is almost twice the size of the Cindy one!
Yeah, you're right..  :wink:  Funnily enough when we sat down and looked at them, that was the first thing that Jen asked about, why they were both different sizes.  I'm not sure why..  :?  

Now this is strange>>

She also has some princess magnets stuck onto her bed and all of them are the same size, all except Cinderella, it's a lot smaller, yet part of the same range..  :?:  :?

Also the Cinderella 'Heart Pin', this also is the smallest of the 'Heart Pin' collection..  :?:  :?

Captain Pan

Sounds like even within her fitted place as a Princess young Cinders remains the one left out... and to think we all believe that after she married the prince she's have no more days of being left in the background and would live a trouble free life... Happily Ever After...

Masamune

:lol: That's just weird. :P When I go to DLRP I'll be looking to see if there's any Cindy merchandise that's smaller than it should be.

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" :lol: That's just weird. :P When I go to DLRP I'll be looking to see if there's any Cindy merchandise that's smaller than it should be.
Please do Masamune, it's got me wondering now..  :wink:  Cheers..  :D

Clarebelle

But the Belle one doesnt look as big as the Aurora one either :?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

:) We'll have to see what the Belle one's like when it's released.

Today I traded for the £3 Marie pin, the £5 Fab 5 pin and the £7 Stitch with gun pin. :shock: I'm really shocked at that Stitch pin being on a CM lanyard. Why would anyone trade in a pin that costs £7? Since I bought it on the day it was released, I'm gonna try selling this one on eBay for £7 so I can get my money back. :P

Agent Lex

I've seen quite a few of the store pins on cast lanyards. I think at the moment they might have been given license to use some of the store's own pins for trading, as they don't have many of their own. But the staff at the Oxford Street store told me today that every so often they'll be given a booster pack of new pins, and apparently their next one comes at some point this week.

Today's trades for me included getting the Goofy giftbox one, and the red shirt "Mickey as cast member" one. First time I'd actually spotted one of those ones. Shame I couldn't find the Donald giftbox one, it's the only one I'm missing now :(

Masamune

The Donald giftbox pin was the last one of the set that I was able to track down. My mum ended up trading it for me at the Blackpool store, which isn't as busy as our local Disney Store. The Manchester Disney Store has no CM pins anymore, so hopefully they'll recieve their booster pack soon! Like you say, the Manchester lanyards mostly have store bought pins now. I think this can also come from people wanting to trade pins who don't have any with them, so they have to buy one there.