Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

Im all for new characters lol but wish when we do get a new character it wouldnt be a pin design that came out ages ago, as there is already a Rex pin exactly like the one we will be getting lol

And I find it weird to get Dale on his own without Chip, as chip will most doubt be the next core pin shown to complete the two

Belle's World

I'm not a fan of the sword series so i am finding the pins a little boring at the moment but to be honest that's a good thing as at least it's saving me money!

Stitch2814

Im not collecting thw sword series, Im getting them as traders, and I think its a good set to have as traders as they seem popular with the amount of people wanting them :P But I think its a good pin series just not one I will keep.

Masamune

Out of the Core pins, the only one I actually like is Lady. :( Not at all keen on the other two.

Aveen2008

I like the lady pin but not keen on the other core pins so I won't be getting those. I only like 2 of the sword series pins so I may get them for my own collections. I definately want the mulan one when it comes out and I kind of like the aladdin one but not fully sure yet. i'm glad nothing great has come out as I am saving my pennies hehe
Luv Aveen xoxo

dlrpmad

I think instead of buying UKDS pins, im buying DLRP pins on the mail order service! I'm going to be buying 7 (so i have been told) Stitch experiment series pins for my B day (yey 25 days!!!) and i will also be buying lots of stitch stuff!!! Sorry for being of topic!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "dlrpmad"I think instead of buying UKDS pins, im buying DLRP pins on the mail order service! I'm going to be buying 7 (so i have been told) Stitch experiment series pins for my B day (yey 25 days!!!) and i will also be buying lots of stitch stuff!!! Sorry for being of topic!!

cool lol :) do you know how mcuh they charge for postage?

I remember when I was in DLP the last time i asked a guy in the disney gallery in the villiage how much it would cost to get a snowglobe posted to the uk, lets just say he wasnt very helpful or friendly, plus I was enquiring, i wasnt definate that i was going to do it but i got the feeling that he was only going to find out for me if I was actually going to buy the 100 or more euro globe. :roll:

I'm only buying pins I really want, i have sold quite a lot and probably will sell more lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Ive been thinking of doing mail order as a woman in Harringtons told michael about it for the other stitch experiment pins so I might give it a go if the postage is cheap.

Eager_Eyes

Hello not poste on here in a while...

I looked into the mail order thing for WDW pins it was v.expensive so I didn't bother - I'm sure Paris will be a better deal.  I'm thinking of getting the rest of the sword series as they're released as traders for my trip to WDW in 6 wks I'm not sure though...

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"Ive been thinking of doing mail order as a woman in Harringtons told michael about it for the other stitch experiment pins so I might give it a go if the postage is cheap.

ah ok cool. I couldnt imagine postage being too dear for pins really :) Harringtons staff were great when I traded in there :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Well as usual I was at our local Disney Store and ended up with 2 purchases and 1 trade. Here they are..  :)

Firstly two 'Film Pins' you'll be familiar with..  :)

...What a trade..  :D/  I was actually looking at this same Pin on Ebay about a month ago, which I missed the dead line for the auction, only to find it up for trade on a lanyard last night..  :mrgreen:

Stitch2814

javey the sword series pins look great :) how you get good photos I do not know :P

Javey74

Quote from: "Stitch2814"javey the sword series pins look great :) how you get good photos I do not know :P
:-# Trade Secret  :-#

Only joking...  :mrgreen:

If you really want to know I use the following pieces of equipment and software..  ;)

A Fujifilm S1000fd.

Tripod.

Matt black plastic coated mouse mat.
[Must be matt to absorb natural light, so it cuts down on reflectivity]

MGI Photosuite 3 [Platinum Edition].

Now your ready..  :thumbs:

The pin is placed onto the mouse mat with the camera placed over the top of it looking down using the vertical hinge clamp on the tripod, then locked up in position. The camera lens is about 4" above the pin, these are the following camera settings>>

QuoteThe 'ISO' needs dropping right down to 100.

Also set to 'Slow Flash' mode to allow slightly longer exposure, this will maintain natural light ambience with no flash glare.

'Macro Editor' [not Super 'Macro editor'] is set to on.  

Half press for 'Auto Focus' then..........Voila..  Click.. Done :thumbs:
Then the card is removed from the camera and put into the relevant slot on my Computer Tower and MGI Photosuite is opened up. The photo is loaded on and then the following happens>>

QuoteThe Photo is firstly cropped, and rotated slightly if necessary.

Then 'Enhanced', sometimes Brightness and Contrast still need adjusting.

Then 'Saturation' levels are adjusted for colour depth.

Most importantly 'Scratch Removal' function is used which takes away spiky light on metallic surfaces and surface imperfections.

If required the 'Cloning Tool' is used to remove any discolourations aswell as any previously left holes from other Pins on the mouse mat.
Then it's ready for uploading the my relevant sites..  :thumbs:

That's it in a nut shell, well maybe apart from a few other slight technical adjustments..  :mrgreen:

Bet you wished you'd never asked..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

dlrpmad

Woah, I kind of know how to do all that!! And the thing is my mum has this EXACT camera so I may try this!! Won't get the same effect as you do lol!! :D
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Javey74

Quote from: "dlrpmad"Woah, I kind of know how to do all that!! And the thing is my mum has this EXACT camera so I may try this!! Won't get the same effect as you do lol!! :D
You can always have a go anyway..  :thumbs: