Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

i thought exactly the same with the mystery pins - but then thought knowing my luck i would get the ones ive already got

Stitch2814

I understand it would work out a bit cheaper but since they are available to buy on there own anyway then would be alot easier to buy them that way than try to save a few £££ as its not like they are offering a second chance to get the on-line exclusives since they are still available to buy on there own, it would appeal more (i think) if the mystery pins would be of past sold out pins.

daxyboy

i also think its a shame that there doing this to get rid of old stock,it would be fantastic to get a proper mystery set,would be fun collecting.

Just want to wish everyone good luck at the event saturday,just wish i was goin too.
 Delete postReport this postEdit postReply with quote

im so so so so jealous of everyone goin to the event.if anyone gets a spare shield set and wants to trade/part trade/sell me a set i would be very greatful.
im also after some of the early uk test pins from 2008 if anyone sees them while trading,
Pin 64417: Disney Store Europe - Cars - Lightning McQueen
Pin 64419: Disney Store Europe - 101/102 Dalmatians - Puppy Red Collar
Pin 62830: Disney Store Europe - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pin 62825: Disney Store Europe - Alice in Wonderland - Unbirthday Party
Pin 62843: Disney Store Europe - Squirt the Sea Turtle
Pin 72822: Disney Store Europe - 101 Dalmatians - Hiding Under Bridge
Pin 64418: Disney Store Europe - Toy Story - Buzz Lightyear
Pin 68560: Disney Store Europe: Alice and the Cheshire Cat  

i hope someone posts a review of the day with pictures

Stitch2814

I agree, I hope we get a mystery set soon, but if they go off the sales of this mystery set then we might not get another but thats down to them shifting old stock and not us wanting to buy it as we would if they were new pins :)

and if we get a mystery set Id like to see low LEs like the DS.com ones

Belle's World

Does anyone know if the stores are likely to get any more nametag pins in as i am still looking for the Mickey pin.

Also which up pin is free with the set of 4 mystery UK online exclusives? Is it just the Vue cinema pin?

ro

Clarebelle

Hey Guys, if you want to read about the pin event earlier today, or just look at photos lol  I have  a mini report over in Blue Lagoon ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9100

heres a little pic of the shield...

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Well this time at the Disney Store I ended up with one purchase and five trades..  :mrgreen:

Here is the purchase, which I really like.. Pinocchio's 70 Anniversary, I must admit I wasn't expecting the arms to move, also it's only £5.00, I thought it might have been £7.00..  :o

Now for the trades, some of which Jen picked, I'll let you guess those ones..  :mrgreen:

Just one short for this 'Kite Collection' now, and guess who....  :(

A couple of Tink's

Love this "I'm a Disney Pincess" one..  :mrgreen:

I couldn't believe my final trade, I got talking to Victoria (CM) and the time we called into the store, I remember that night she had the lanyard round her neck with all the 'Character Name Tag' Pins on. Foolish me said I'll have to get some Pins to trade next week and come back, only to find they had been snapped up like hotcakes. Bang went the theory of getting Donald..  :cry:  Then she thought for a minute and said, "Hang on a minute, if I remember rightly I remember seeing one in the draw, it's in one of the envelopes at the bottom I think". She raked through and sure enough found the last Donald one they had. I couldn't believe my luck..  :o

Whooo Hooo..  :D/  :D/  :mrgreen:

This one is going to take pride and place on the lanyard I use for DLRP..  :D

Stitch2814

Its a very nice set and wish I could of made it, whenever the next one is Im going to come to it, as I would have to get the coach anyway as I dont fly, so I can travel over night and be there bright and early hahaha

dlrpmad

I hope the next pin event is closer to me as i am cheap atm!! lol It looked like a big success and i wish i could of made it!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Masamune

:) I traded the new core Simba pin off the lanyard in Manchester today. It's so cute!

Stitch2814

Just seen on facebook, that there may be suspected scrappers of the Easter Thumber UK pin. Seems from the comparison images (thankyou Donna) that it points to it has been scrapped. Hope not but all signs pint to yes.

Belle's World

Gutted i missed out on Milton Keynes. Wasn't that kean on the shield set to be honest but the trading and buying opportunities were fantastic.

going on a short notice trip to lakeside tomorrow - first ever trading there. Then in 2 weeks plan to hit all 3 disney stores in London again.
Ro

Stitch2814

ooh doing a bit of travelling arnt ya Ro :) hope you get more good trades like last time.

I shall be seeing what the Belfast Store is like in september but not holding out for anything :P

Belle's World

Here are the pins i traded for in lakeside to keep:

I love the Simba pin.

decided to delay the London trip for a couple of weeks as i have had my trading fix for now!

Aveen2008

Luv the violet pin as well as Simba!:)
Luv Aveen xoxo