Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Snow white girl - I got the Dopey pin in store today, perhaps it arrived in a little late to your local store??

Also just to say that all the Earth Day merchandise was out in the store as well (not the pins though).

I was in the Belfast store today, I got the pinocchio aniversary pin, genie tourist, dopey and little mermaid pin. I was meaning to get the aladdin and jasmine on the carpet one but I didn't see it. I did some trading, I actually got 2 core pins that i didn't buy - the mickey plain pin that was release a month or so ago and the Tinker one. I also got a Donald cast lanyard pin (the ones that were first released) - I already have one but got it for trading and then I got one with donald duck and 2 of his nephews(weird not to have the 3 of them) but i cannot find it at all on pinpics :?

I also bought myself the Angel (stitch's girlfriend) plush keyring, which i do already have but i want one to actually put on one of my bags as I keep the other one in my room hehe. And I got the Plush Boo (Monsters inc) doll, I actually used to have her but the older one hadnt got that nice of a face and my friend liked it so i gave it to her :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Snow_White_Girl

Ah brilliant, just found the pin on the website again but don't fancy paying the postage just for a £3 pin lol! I'll try the store again at the weekend :) Never buy that much there apart from pins lol, last time I was in I did get a retro Minnie keyring for my car keys though! And I was eyeing up the Flounder plush but decided against it lol, since then my other half is now trying to win me one on eBay! ;)

\":lamp:\"

Aveen2008

Hey guys,

I have to say to be honest I think the earth set is wayyy over priced and I don't buy the whole "free" pin, the cost of that pin is totally in with the whole package at £24!! You could basically say that the pins are £5 each in that set and that you get £1 off the fifth pin! :P  :roll:  :roll:  

I like the core lady pin, although its a bit plain. :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

hahahaha I agree with you in that pricing as seems a bit steep when you think its available in store and the online-exclusives are cheaper lol

dlrpmad

hey guys, i went into the disney store today and got 2 of the 5 earth day pins and they were £6 each and the board seems quite nice! If you buy the pins one by one you still get the free pin, you just have to show you reciepts for the 4 pins and you get it! I also got my first limited edition off the lanyard!!!!!!!!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

cool but seems a tad weird that you can buy them seperatley when its a set. Whats the LE size of it??

What LE pin did you get.

dlrpmad

The earth day pins are LE to a very strange 2750 and I'm going to get the rest of the set tomorrow!!! Also the LE pin off the lanyard was Pin 59704. I don't like it that much but I was like, whoa an LE pin off the lanyard!!!!!! But I think I will trade it!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

Now thats a weird LE size and for a LE set that size should be muuuuuch cheaper as we have had LE 200 Jack set and that was only £20 and if you take the £5 postage then the Jack set works out better.

I think it should be less as seeing you can choose to buy pins seperately so should be cheaper and maybe the £24 if bought the set all in one go as we got the St Paddys mickey pin which was LE2000 and was only £5 so why an LE2750 is more I dont know.

dlrpmad

I got told yesterday by the manager of the Dundee DS that because it's so expensive and so high a edition size is so they can make more money for woodland trust! Reasonable excuse but the could of at least dropped the edition size to 2000 or 2500!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Clarebelle

Personally I dont think it is a bad price, when you take off the £2 that is donated to the Woodland Trust each pin only costs £4 which is very resonable, less if you are a shareholder ;)  What I dont understand is they appear to have only send out 5 full sets to each DS, are they staggering the release up until the 22nd? or are they just hoping more people will buy as the full set online?

we picked up the last set in Norwich yesterday (they were kind enough to keep it behind the till for us) :D

You've gotta love those aliens, I love the merc so much I got the hoodie and the bag too! and I'm thinking of getting the pjs (one set for me, one for Cowenjs lil sis) the blue tee and the mens green tee. I have to remember to save some money for next years Earth day merc its always so popular.

and my pins we ordered online finally arrived this week too!

Dumbo and Casey Jr, it had to be a spinner! awsomeness

Love how his little arms move

Dopey!

and the full collection

we have estimated this to be worth £777 based on retail prices, so the CM lanyards and the up pin values are not included, but it does include the price of the two UK lanyards and the TV boxset and Jack online set that are not pictured, I only hope that if we need to we could recoup most of that.

Job for today - sort through all our dupes :roll: I know we have about 6 grape soda pins alone, maybe we could ebay them and retire. hehe
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

dlrpmad

£777 in pins!!!!! wow thats a lot!!!!!
QuoteI know we have about 6 grape soda pins alone, maybe we could ebay them and retire. hehe
ooooo how much would you charge for them as I never got it but I do want it!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

weebo1980

so how is coming to the Milton Keynes Pin Day next saturday?? iam excited

Masamune

:) I'm going to the Milton Keynes event.

Stitch2814

jealous of you lindsay, hope you have a blast at the event :)

Stitch2814

I just got soo excited from seeing a mystery set for the UK on pinpics...then was so let down by what the pins are -

These sets of 4 random Pins from a selection of 10 On-line Exclusives are fantastic value at just £25! Which ones will you get? It's a mystery! One thing that is certain, every mystery set comes with a free Disney/Pixar UP Pin!

Each set includes four of the following On-line Limited Edition Disney pins featuring some of your favourite characters:

* Robin Hood in Nottingham #Pin 72028
* Peter Pan flying past Big Ben #Pin 72030
* Pinocchio & Jiminy Cricket #Pin 69144
* Mr Ray with Friends #Pin 70151
* Mickey Mouse with Tugboat #Pin 69145
* Alice with Tweedledee & Tweedledum #Pin70152
* Chin 'n' Dale #Pin 68046
* Mickey Mouse Sorcerers Apprentice #Pin 68051
* Stitch in Rocket #Pin 68053
* Tinker Bell on Cloud #Pin 68054

Not that great of a mystery set since its just there way of getting rid of stock.