Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:o Guess it's every man (and woman) for himself them tomorrow. I'll be popping into the Manchester store on my lunch.

Stitch2814

hahaha Im hoping to get there early lol but if its the minnie one again then I wont be trading it lol

Eager_Eyes

Well luck out for me I'll be the one in a sling!!! Might then go to Druckers 4 cake just love it in there...

Stitch2814

well if your going to manchester maybe then I can meet up and say Hi to a fellow trader :) what you think?

Eager_Eyes

Yeah sure, I'd like that, but I'm not sure if I'm going or not, I'm not risking my elbow on public transport so depends if I can get a lift from someone going that way to nearby, have a friend who works there most wkends so chances are good.

Stitch2814

argh yeah true, I shall be going about 11am so Im sending you a pm now just in case you go :) I will be heading to trafford centre as well tomorrow or there 3 lanyards :)

Welsheeyore

do want these pins the hunt sounds just as exciting as the owning!

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

Lol, no point in me going in then if Danny's going to claim 2 in a row.

Stitch2814

hahaha lindsay you get all week to go in I cant afford to go every day but Im got the oldham store to get mine from lol so manchester store is all yours from monday-friday then as you said it, every person for themselves at the weekend :)

The woman said your mum got one of the first cm pins off the lanyard unless I heard her wrongly but I swear she said lindsay mum :P

Masamune

She sure did. ;) And you know how me and my mum are about pins. Mum can get her boyfriend to take her to other stores, but I only have the Manchester store. And I'm working all those days, so it's not like I'd have much of a chance anyway as lunches tend to fall at around 1pm-2pm.

We'll just see how it goes though.

Stitch2814

hahaha and I have my mums bus ticket at weekends so thats why I am able to travel for free to all three stores lol if there for keeps then I can let you have first dibs on them lol as Im only trading them to trade to other people :P but I will be going tomorrow as Im in manchester anyway lol and until then I wont be there till the following saturday.

Masamune

Didn't know you were wanting them for trading. I just assumed you wanted them for keeps, since you're so eager to go to each store and get as many as you can. Me and mum are wanting them for keeps.

Eager_Eyes

I want my first set for keeps then maybe another set depending on how hard they are to come by for trades.  I'm sure if I make it to a PTN in Fl I'll get some nicceee trades for them!

Javey74

2 Little Tips I found for buying Pins when you want them>>

1. You could move to the North of England, since living in the North of England and I mean north, not Manchester.  It works in my favour for once with the North South divide, less people to buy up here, so it's quite easy to obtain Pins in general, bear in mind not everyone has cottoned onto Pin Trading up here yet..  :mrgreen: It's quite funny when I hear Cast Members telling people about it as a brand new idea..  :lol:

2. For buying Pins in general, make sure you get pally with a Cast Member who works in your local Disney Store, you'll be well in. You'll never get the answer.."Oh I'm sorry they've all gone". Instead it's.. "I'll just get it", since it's hidden away waiting for you behind the counter..  :mrgreen:

Pause for thought..  :wink:  :)

Stitch2814

Nah Im not wanting them but I think I like the thrill of the chase to get them hehehe might as well as it will be the last time I get the chance to try and get these since Im moving to where no disney store is lol I will keep the Pluto one (i think there is one of him lol) for Michael as he like pluto but the other four then are traders as I can see people wanting them :)