Studio Tram Tour improvements

Started by Kristof, February 14, 2006, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

You all read the huge rumour in the WDS board.  Now I was wondering what kind of expansion the Tram Tour could get.

Grandmath used the example of a large Pearl Harbour set.

I know that doesn't sound that interesting, but what if we could get an interactive set, like Reign of Fire.

Imagine you would drive by a lake with ship.  Sound FX of planes flying over.  High pressure pomps shoot water the air and fire brakes out on the ship....  There's something similar at Disney-MGM Studios as part of the preshow for the Backlot Tour.  It involves guests getting soaked during an attack on a harbour.

Any other ideas/suggestions for sets?

Kinou

Very simple enhancements, without effects could extremely improve Tram Tour. Adds some props and backgrounds from Disney's last hits at the bow office, guests don't give a single piece of sh.t of Dinotopia or Reign of Fire, and the props are poorly presented, no eye catching...

Add some Pirates of the Carribbean props, such as a piece of the Black Pearl, or better, Jack Sparrow costume in a POTC window next to the current Narnia one. Use King Arthur props to enhance the experiences. And present the props nicely, not lamely put on the floor like it is actually.
Use the huge popularity of the television shows Desperate Housewives and LOST, how cheap would it be to erect a house like in the first show? A set of LOST would be AWESOME and popular, what it takes: sand, palmtrees and a big broken plane. It could be interactive with reactor exploding or things like this.

Hug it out bitch !

MAVERICK

I agree they do need to do something reign of fire is not that good

I definatley love the idea of something from lost either some sort of  beach scene or maybee the hatch exploding

tubbsy

If they've got a beach scene going for Lost, they could continue it around the corner for POTC

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Nicholas-c

i dont really like this ride mainly because it gets boring the valley with the fire and water is cool but rest can get boring its a one time ride if they improve it i think they should have a bigger scene and better loading and unloading
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Thanks, Nicholas-c, but this topic is about suggestions for improvements, not for rating or commenting the actual attraction.  :)

davewasbaloo

I have to say though, as much as I would love improvements to our tram tour, I don't see it coming since our tour is now better than the one in Florida!
since 2001 (many before that)

dlrp-mad

I'd like to see journey to the centre of the earth as a larger addition. I also think that putting the set of desperate housewives might be an interesting touch, as it appeals to so many people (in particular my three sisters).

I also think that adding some pirates of the caribbean stuff would be immense! but the only thing is, we don't want people to feel like they're back in the world of disneyland park!

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

disneymadchris

Quote from: "raptor1982"Thanks, Nicholas-c, but this topic is about suggestions for improvements, not for rating or commenting the actual attraction.  :)

He did. He said they should have a bigger scene and better loading and unloading.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"I also think that adding some pirates of the caribbean stuff would be immense!

u reckon  they could afford/fit a copy of the black pearl in their ? that would be cool :P

thanks for pointing that out disneymadchris :)

Nicholas-c  :stitch:
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

pjulie75

We always go on the Tram Tour for a bit of a rest out of the sun but it is a bit boring.  Dinotopia and Reign of Fire, we haven't even seen these films!  The props seem to be very dated and nothing current.  The ideas suggested regarding Desperate Housewives, POTC and Lost sound fantastic and would definately entice me onto the tour.  I hope they listen to your ideas. :minnie:

CafeFantasia

I think the best thing for the tram tour is to scrap it.

Disney-MGM's tram tour was a copy of Universal Hollywood's tram tour, which had been around since the '60s. Over there in Hollywood, a tram tour around a real Movie studio, past real LIVE sets, made a lot of sense. I mean, it's an exciting idea to REALLY go behind-the-scenes. But to go on a tram tour through a theme park that isn't a real movie studio, to see fake sets, pretending to be behind-the-scenes... where's the fun it that?

At the Disney-MGM Studios now, they've practically given up on the tram tour idea. They demolished their residential street, leaving just Catastrophe Canyon and some movie vehicles. But at least in the beginning, they REALLY used to make movies and TV shows there.

I've always thought the tram tour at the Walt Disney Studios is totally pointless. There are no studios. Nothing is created there. The whole thing is 100% fake and unnecessary.

Maarten

Quote from: "Alan"I've always thought the tram tour at the Walt Disney Studios is totally pointless. There are no studios. Nothing is created there. The whole thing is 100% fake and unnecessary.

I completely agree with you. The Studio Tram Tour is quite pointless. On the other hand, we have to remain realistic. I mean, the STT isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Especially with the expensive Catastophe Canyon out there, it would be stupid not to use it. So I suppose they should make the best out of the current STT. It would be nice to have new sets, new costumes at the costuming department etc.

In my opinion there are two factors which contribute to the weakness of this attraction. First, the boarding station. It looks extremely tacky, cheap and unimaginative. Look at the queue of the Disney-MGM version of the ride and you'll see that it can be so much better. Besides that, when you get off the trams, wouldn't it be nice to have a small exhibition building the guests have to go through? That would be a nice addition in my opinion.

The second factor is that the STT is located next/in a small forrest. Personally, it doesn't give me a studio feel at all. When I think of a tram tour, I want to ride through the sets on a studio backlot or something. But the STT at Paris is simply fake. No question about it. Maybe they should build some yellow soundstages near Catastrophe Canyon where they can house some offices for EuroDisney SCA for example? At least then it may look more like a studio backlot, but the main problem of a fake studio where they never ever shot a film will remain.

CafeFantasia

But like I said, there isn't a good model out there for a fake Studio Tram Tour. It's an old idea, a concept on it's way out. Rather than investing/wasting more money in it, I think Disney would be better off spending that money on building some proven attractions, such as Soarin', Mickey's Philharmagic, a Monsters, Inc. dark ride, etc.

In Paris, the only part of the Tram Tour really worth keeping is Catastrophe Canyon. So, perhaps they could convert that into a walk-through attraction of some sort? An on-foot show that you just walk into, watch, and walk out of again; just like Armageddon. Then scrap the rest of the Tram Tour. Who cares about seeing the Dinotopia sets?

lilcharlie

I think that the dinotopia set bit needs to be replaced more urgently than the reign of set!  I think it would be great if there was a set of a more modern film so POTC or Narnia which i heard rumours they were thinking about.  :wink: