It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Let's continue the Mickey statue discussion in the main MMP topic, and keep this one only for the show on Central Plaza Stage.  :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=3&p=115079#p115079

Kris

Seems the show took place today, so can expect pictures and/or videos later :S I'm nervous
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

15MagicalYears

Don't be nervous!  :P
I'm sure it was wonderful  :lol:

I hope

Kris

Spoke too soon. The costumes all look great appart from what appears to be male and female hosts. Why that shade? It goes with nothing!

Full slideshow here: http://74.125.79.132/translate_c?hl=en& ... TPKUI_R9KA

So they filmed it today in the bad weather, with that stupid stupid projection screen as a background. Great. It's not even finished. It does seem to have lights around the edges though. Could make it look more special I guess :P

Willow

A bit of Adobe After FX will get rid of the grey sky.

The stage looks huge still even with it full of performers.

15MagicalYears

:shock:  I really don't like pictures,  I'm waiting for a video to direct my judgement but I do agree that I wish Mickey was the host. And the hosts costumes really do not fit in  :lol:

littlemermaid83

:|
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kinou

Totally STUPID!

That's why they build tha thuge stage on the hub?
The stage look so empty what was the point? The costumes are really ugly (bright colors and are they wearing sportswears????) and there is no storyline to it apart from "LEt's partayyyyy!". Dumb!

And that Mickey costume is a joke: I could do better by sticking two christmas lights on a white suit!
Hug it out bitch !

TowMater

They don't look too bad either is the stage props, Love the big Mickey Mouse behind the dancers.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kris

The costume looks quite subtle during the day I think. It's actually not as horrific as I once thought it would be. The big fashion crime here are the limey yellow and green coloured tracksuits that the hosts wear. What are they designed to match with? The orange and white is really refreshing although on a red stage... could look slightly odd at times.

So the stage lift in the middle is actually 3? The 'big' one (which is actually far smaller than I had imagined) and the two 'smaller' ones either side? Interesting idea. I'd seen it as more of the centre of the stage that can rise for a finale etc. Doesn't the smoke effect look good? Love it!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kris"So the stage lift in the middle is actually 3?

No there are only 2 lifts, one small one for Mickey and one big one for the other characters. I think you're looking at the dance podiums, thats different. :)
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Anthony

Is that slideshow the only way to see those photos? Bit hard to judge so far. It'd certainly benefit from a sunny day.

For such a character-focused year, there sure is a huge lack of characters in this show. Why would Mickey invite all these badly dressed randoms to his party? The dancers shouldn't be crowding up the stage next to the characters. Their orange costumes also seem to make Pluto and Tigger disappear.

I want to like it, but it just looks so... bland! I bet all those costumes have "(C) Jay Rasulo" sewed into them.

Magicalmouse125

Okay, my first impression is that i'll have to see a video to make a first impression.

the costumes look new and fresh and stand out against the drak gloomy sky of Dlrp.

The lift looks cool and can't wait to see Mickey appear there.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as we thought it would! :lol:

But why film it with the uncompleted screen, which does'nt look to bad!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kris

Is anyone having any joy with opening this file? I can't download the video of it :S

http://dl.free.fr/hQdGXZXbb

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Is anyone having any joy with opening this file? I can't download the video of it :S

http://dl.free.fr/hQdGXZXbb
It's doing something here. Did you right-click "Télécharger ce fichier"?