It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I think i may put off a Christmas trip as MMP is really beginning to depress me.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Magicalmouse125

I'll be interseted to see how it's pulled of. But honestly i hope it's not another Tokyo disneyland style dance show where before hand they teach the audience dance moves. They just make no sense and are only enjoyed by the people who dance.

Dlrp could have done a lovely spectacle featuring Mickey and all his friends with great music, however they didn't!

So we'll just have to wait and see what it's like. :?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

luke85

I'm really curious to see how the show is performed. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how the stage looks, after seeing the horrible concept art!

Anthony

Quote from: "zanderstarz"ooo dear, the first soft openings have been cancelled...due to the show directors deeming it as "not ready and untidy".

at the moment i prefer the stitch show in discoveryland.
Dear oh dear! But I still have a little hope. Remember DOUADP was all bare on 30th March 2007, then the next day magically had all its props and a thick coating of glitter over every float. They can pull things off amazingly fast when they want to.

The "teaching dance moves" concept seems to clash a lot with Dance Time though, it's almost as if the directors of the two shows didn't tell each other what they were doing.

They should have done a huge Pass the Parcel around Central Plaza... or Musical Chairs with the characters... :lol:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"The "teaching dance moves" concept seems to clash a lot with Dance Time though, it's almost as if the directors of the two shows didn't tell each other what they were doing.

They should have done a huge Pass the Parcel around Central Plaza... or Musical Chairs with the characters... :lol:

Musical Chairs sounds good... and better than most of the tat on display!
But then it would only be good if it Would be Mickey and me for the Win!

Magicalmouse125

Captain Pan said:

Musical Chairs sounds good... and better than most of the tat on display!
But then it would only be good if it Would be Mickey and me for the Win!

:lol:  :lol: ha ha ha.

Very funny pan

But i agree with luke85 i to was very impressed with the finnished stage!

Kris

I'm really hoping that opening number will be something special. Performed properly, it could be sensational - and save the rest of the show :P
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kris"I'm really hoping that opening number will be something special. Performed properly, it could be sensational - and save the rest of the show :P

the opening number is a big dance routien with ribbons, very effective, its my favorite part.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Magicalmouse125

I can't wait to see all the videos as i definatly won't be visiting Dlrp this year  :(  :cry:  :-({|=

We've seen what Minnie's party train is like as with Dance time and Stars n cars so now we all want to see this final piece of enteratinment. So i look forward to being able to compare all the entertainment :)

15MagicalYears

Same, Sadly I won't be visiting Dlrp this year :(
So videos are my only source of magic.

MagicKenny

The castle has been decorated now.

don't like it  :cry:
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

davewasbaloo

Why, oh why, oh why are Disney doing this!!!!!!????????   :shock:  :evil: not happy
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Oh my god, it looks so terrible. Why are they doing this? The castle is so beautiful without any decorations, although I liked the 15th birthday decoration. But this looks really awful. At least the Mickey shaped decorations for the castle spires are cut!!

Magicalmouse125

Hey, i think Dlrp are really trying to emphiasise the whole MMP thing and the deorations does'nt look all that bad and it could be worse.

smurfy74

well i think its ok, if youve never been before then you wouldnt know any different. I can agree with davewasbaloo though, the chateau in its pure form as the imagineers designed it is great, but if you dont try things i suppose you wouldnt know what the guest feedback would be. For Disney fans aaaaarrrrgghhh, for your regular guest - hmmmmm nice. I always try to look on the bright side and that is the streamers havent appeared ( yet )