Closures — attraction refurbishment schedules

Started by Kristof, February 07, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Really? I didn't recognize that :D!

On our last visit in October 2005 we also were in Critter Corral, but there were only a few animals, a few sheeps, chicken and a turkey.

Were there more animals before? I've got a picture of 1992 on which I'm sitting there touching a little pig ;) (I was 8 years old)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Owain

Post the picture !  :)

Riebi

Last year I have seen a donkey there. But it was only out of the train. Was in august.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

shell_ely

i have never seen more then a few chickens  :ears:

i think that it is a shame as animals could live there all year round as they all have good houseing and shelter and it would be nice to see that area being used more all year round  :mickey1:

tubbsy

DD's plan-She's going to learn better French than me (but that wouldnt take much with my Essex accent! :P ) and go and work in DLRP opening up Critter Corral as she wants to train as a vet! Then she'd get to work with animals and be in DLRP! Heaven!  :mickey2:

M'be she could employ her poor old Mum as an assistant LOL :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Alison

Hi. Does anyone have any more up-to-date information about planned ride closures?
We are going 27/10 to 1/11 and are hoping POTC and BTM are open then!

Thanks - Alison

stawes

Are autopa and that boat ride Le Pays des Contes de Fées and Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque always closed in February. There usually announced by now on the official website at least maybe there trying to keep them open as this the 15th anniversary year.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "raptor1982"Big Thunder Mountain: 21st August to 13th October 2006: complete rehab of the mountain, trains, control panels and the "garage"

That can't be right ? i was there this week and it was open :S

Edit: Oh 2006 not 07 doh!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

stawes

I herd big thunder mountain did close in 2006 at that time .

Owain

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Big Thunder Mountain: 21st August to 13th October 2006: complete rehab of the mountain, trains, control panels and the "garage"

That can't be right ? i was there this week and it was open :S

Edit: Oh 2006 not 07 doh!

Yes thats when it had the huge job, repainting and fixing things.

RnRCj

Someone told me that most of the rides at the parks have had their maintenance closures before the 15th Anniversary. He said that if any of these rides needed any maintenance work it would be done overnight (Unless it's really urgent of course :wink:).

smurfy74

Phew thanks for that rnrcj, I have been keeping my fingers crossed for no closures, Means I too can ride Autopia and the tram tour which has been closed everytime ive been

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"Someone told me that most of the rides at the parks have had their maintenance closures before the 15th Anniversary. He said that if any of these rides needed any maintenance work it would be done overnight (Unless it's really urgent of course :wink:).

Not true.  There have been more rehabs than usual, but the normal maintenances have to be done on a regular, fixed base.  These have all been scheduled over a year up front.

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Someone told me that most of the rides at the parks have had their maintenance closures before the 15th Anniversary. He said that if any of these rides needed any maintenance work it would be done overnight (Unless it's really urgent of course :wink:).

Not true.  There have been more rehabs than usual, but the normal maintenances have to be done on a regular, fixed base.  These have all been scheduled over a year up front.

Oh okay. I was just repeating what somebody else had told me :wink:

clarabella

Indiana Jones
Closed from 1st to 12th October 2007.

Bit of a pain seeing as I had that down for my first ride!!