Should Fantasmic be at wds?

Started by Dlrpfan, February 04, 2006, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

I was wondering if you think that there should be a Fantasmic in wds.

Maybe if there is going to be one it should be near Toon Studios???

Post your thoughts here
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

As amazing as the show looks, I don't think it would really fit in Walt Disney Studios to be honest.  It's too fantasy based, and doesn't really have much of a movie studio theme.  It would fit better in Disneyland Park (even though there isn't anywhere to put it), and also - Fantillusion is bascially a parade version of Fantasmic.  Tokyo Disneyland sorta created Fantillusion the way it is partly because they didn't have anywhere to put their own Fantasmic...

Having said all that, I definately don't think WDS shouldn't get a Fantasmic-style show at some point.  Just not Fantasmic itself...  

That's my opinion, anyway. :wink:

In 2008, WDS will really need some night-time entertainment, and I think the best thing would be some kind of fireworks show with the Tower of Terror storyline involved.  With ToT being right in the centre of the park, it just seems perfect, and about a year ago I used to talk about a show like this with Kris all the time.  I think we were planning to make the show to be a lot like the opening ceremony of DCA's tower...  :)

Edit: I've just started a new topic in the Imagineering forum for people to post their own ideas for WDS night-time entertainment.  Click here to go there.  :wink:

Dlrpfan

sounds cool
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Yes, please!  No, Fantasmic has nothing to do with a studio, but like said before, everything can be fit in at WDS.  
Fantasmic would be the best addition to WDS... but the parks needs to be increased in capacity to entertain people a whole day while they're waiting for dark.

But, I also like Baloo's idea.  They could use the backstage parkinglot area as  a launchbase for the fireworks.

By the way, I've been told by a CM at Disney World that Fantillusion was actually build and designed by Disneyland California to replace the MSEP, but they sold it in the end to Tokyo Disneyland so they had money to build Light Magic (and everyone knows what happened to that parade).

kate

fantasmic is the best disney show ever!!!  it should definitely come to wds.  it's soooooooo fantastic.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Dlrpfan

I also love it but as Baloo said Fantilusion is fantasmic on wheels

I really want it there though!!!!!!!!
Dan

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Yes, please!  No, Fantasmic has nothing to do with a studio, but like said before, everything can be fit in at WDS.  
Fantasmic would be the best addition to WDS... but the parks needs to be increased in capacity to entertain people a whole day while they're waiting for dark.
Yeah, I've said it myself many times before that anything can be fitted into WDS, but I actually can't see how they'd fit Fantasmic in...  How would you do it? It just seems to be a bit too much of an all-round Disney show to fit in - there's no kinda "hook" there that they can use to link it in with a studio.

For example, Mickey's PhilharMagic has the orchestra "hook", so they could theme it to our studios by saying that it's the sound recording stage, and this is where they record the soundtracks for Disney films.  (personally I think this is the story they should use to put it into Toon Studios!)

I think that even though lots of things can be slotted into WDS, some things just can't - like Main Street Electrical Parade, Illuminations, or things like Mickey's Showtime.

The only way I can think of them fitting Fantasmic in would be to steal Animagique's storyline, and say that Mickey is conjuring up his sorcerer powers to open up the Animation vault.  In fact, that would work quite well... damn!  :lol:  :lol:

Anthony

For those who have seen Fantasmic, is there anything you'd want to change before it came to WDS?

I've seen lots of videos of the show, and although it looks very very cool, it doesn't look *that* good compared with the cost of setting it up and running it every night.

So is there anything you'd change or add?  :?

Dlrpfan

I think the Radclif scene could be improved also they could get rid of the water screens to save money in wds
Dan

Kristof

Maybe when they build the streetsets, they can put a fake Theatre facade which guests have to past to enter the amphitheater.  
But I'm wondering if this show could ever work in an amphitheater.  The weather is a lot worse than in Florida & California.  

I agree with Philharmagic.  That show has to come to DLRP too someday!  It's really, really nice!  (a lot better compared to HISTA).

QuoteI've seen lots of videos of the show, and although it looks very very cool, it doesn't look *that* good compared with the cost of setting it up and running it every night.

Well, I think it does!  Fantasmic has a soaring guest satisfaction.  You could hear everyone around you after the show how great it was.  At both parks in the States, the show runs two times a day during the summer season.  
But like I said before, I highly doubt that this show could workin in Paris with all the weather problems and who knows what else.

Kristof

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"I think the Radclif scene could be improved also they could get rid of the water screens to save money in wds

Get rid of the water screens????  :shock:   Dear god no!  That's used to tell the story, that's what Mickey's dreaming?  A waterscreen can't be that expensive?  It's just water?  They could save money by using less CM's for the characters and probably using cheaper fireworks.  

But you're right about the Pocahontas scene.  I would replace a few scenes too, including that one.  But I have to think about by what.  :lol:

kate

getting rid of the water screens would really ruin it.  there's something amazing about the projections on the water.  this doesn't really translate well onto video though - it has be seen in real life to appreciate how amazing it is.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Dlrpfan

ok looks like i was REALY wrong with the water screens
Dan

Kristof

Well it was just an idea to save money, but maybe you had a different idea for a Fantasmic in Paris?  I would love to hear it from you, or from other people with other suggestions.  I mean, our Fantasmic doesn't have to be a clone from the American parks, right,  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I mean, our Fantasmic doesn't have to be a clone from the American parks, right,  :D
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  If Fantasmic ever did come to WDS, then it would probably be totally different to how it is in the American parks.

Sorry Dlrpfan, but I have to say that they would keep the watercurtain too, if only because it's an effect than can be used again and again, unlike fireworks.  It's like how they use projections and lasers for Wishes, because it costs less to run each night but still gives a nice effect.

I don't think Fantasmic is anywhere near as good as it could be in the American parks - from the videos I've seen, it looks like the watercurtain is on for just a bit *too* long, and I also *hate* the random steamboat with all the characters!  It seems so tacky!  :lol: *Baloo prepares to have things thrown at him*  :lol: