Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "penfold12"Me too!!  In my head I was even hoping that this maybe the thing that kick starts "Star Wars Weekends" in the Studios's similar to the US parks...

Sorry! Only relaying whats been said internally. Maybe it could change? But right at this moment in time, no Star Wars   :(

:x  :cry:  :x That's such a shame, I really hoped that it would make it. It would have been brilliant to see Darth Vader, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca, and the Storm Troopers in the studios, and I know they have/had at least DV, Chewy, and the ST's because I've seen them in Discoveryland before :wink:

Same here! It´s such a mess that they don´t wanna take Star Wars into the parade. It would be one of the coolest things to see all the star wars guys (and girls) around. Es. Darth Vader and Chewbacca! That the second sad moment for me after I will not see my beloved bear of the blue house into this parade  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

-breeno-

Yeah it's a shame they Star Wars won't be in it, to be honest it was the only "car" i was interested in seeing in the parade.  Would of been great to see the likes of Darth Vader,the Storm Troopers etc :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Owain

Tbh i was hoping for the muppets. I love the muppets and also the ride in wdw, plus recently there has been ALOTof kermit merchandise!
Youd think it would be a sign that muppets are taking over europe !

Kristof

Mmm; I heard today that the Star Wars car is a go... ?!  I guess we'll find out soon when the event premieres.  :)

smurfy74

see as your normally right kristof, i will give a loud woop woop as i love star wars

Aveen2008

Hey I am sorry if someone else has asked or answered this but I was looking at this image in http://www.dlrpmagic.com..

In the background I see a Mulan Car with Mushu behind it, why is this car not coming over? Was it changed into something else or demolished?

[question edited!]

Oh Sorry, ignore my question,  I have just realised that it has been taken to Paris, yay I am so happy, I love Mulan!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kristof"Mmm; I heard today that the Star Wars car is a go... ?!  I guess we'll find out soon when the event premieres.  :)

I hope you're right.

But last week at the Entertainment Department's Annual Forum we were told that this is a no right now. No casting is being done for the faces and no costumes are over for the characters.

Still, that departments always been one for suprising last minute decisions. I'll keep you all posted once rehearsals have begun....in January!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Maarten

No Star Wars in the revamped Stars & Motorcars Event would definately kill the last bit of interest I have to watch these meet 'n greets. Lets wait and see... :roll:

Riebi

Have you read this on WDSfans:

QuoteDisney Stars 'n' Cars: fleet reduced!
Posted by Kristof on Thursday, October 16 2008

Word has reached us from our insider friends over at the Entertainment department that a few vehicles have been removed from the original concept we posted a few weeks ago.

The new (and final) line up is:

- Aladdin
- Disney Villains
- Donald and Daisy
- Lilo and Stitch
- Mary Poppins
- Mickey, Minnie & Goofy
- Monsters Inc.
- Mulan
- Snow White
- The Little Mermaid
- Toy Story

You'll notice that Star Wars is absent from the list, as well as the new vehicles Pirates of the Caribbean (The Muppets), Finding Nemo (Playhouse Disney) and Cruella Devil, which will not overtake the Disney Villains car. Jack Sparrow has been exchanged for Donald and Daisy Duck who'll open the parade in their vehicle. The Playhouse Disney and Star Wars vehicles will not be used in the event at all.

In this case the parade doesn´t botter me longer in any way. No muppets, no star wars, no curella, why not make the big red cross through the whole parade. :evil:
That´s such a shame!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lil-shawn

QuoteIn this case the parade doesn´t botter me longer in any way. No muppets, no star wars, no curella, why not make the big red cross through the whole parade.  
That´s such a shame!

have to argee with u, but i have to say it dosen´t bother me, after i read it will not be a
parade just a meet and greet event or something like this...
i just ask myself why they took all this cars when they still cut out one car by an other!!
it´s the same when someone buy a second car just for the garage  :P  :mrgreen:

Anthony

Losing Star Wars *and* Jack Sparrow is a huge mistake. The audience WDS has now would have gone mad for these two franchises appearing in the park.

I'm quite glad they've cut the Toon truck and Mickey's car though, they would have made the parade feel (even more) like a very cheap "let's put together all the spare cars we have" event.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Losing Star Wars *and* Jack Sparrow is a huge mistake. The audience WDS has now would have gone mad for these two franchises appearing in the park.

Couldn't have put it better myself :? Why are they getting rid of these vehicles, they've got them in Paris, so why not use them? It's mad :x

experiment627

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Anthony"Losing Star Wars *and* Jack Sparrow is a huge mistake. The audience WDS has now would have gone mad for these two franchises appearing in the park.

Couldn't have put it better myself :? Why are they getting rid of these vehicles, they've got them in Paris, so why not use them? It's mad :x

Simple: they've got to pay extra royalties for using Star Wars characters. Dressing up some CMs as Farmboy Luke and Raisin-Roll-Hairdo Leia is expensive...

Anthony

Jack Sparrow, though?

Or are they on one of their "certain characters can only appear in certain parks or people will get confused" drives? Converting that car to have a pirate ship mast instead of the balloon wouldn't have been very expensive.

anthony2k6

I still dont get how this is going to offer a whole lot more than the old Good Morning Walt Disney Studios parade did - and that wasnt even the main parade of the day.

Its still pretty much the same characters being driven around in a parade/meet and greet type thing. Ok so the cars are different (not necessarily better though), it may be a longer parade route? and the music may be different? but other than that its still pretty much the same concept. Why bother with the investment when it doesnt really offer much more than they already had?