Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

I think stitcht would be the only one - except mickey - that would make me watch the parade. After [strike:1r4la211]Star Wars, Muppets, Bear, Cruella, Pirates[/strike:1r4la211]all I wanna see in a parade could be stitch. Sad thing.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Insider update, last week tests with the cars were conducted in the studios, either for training purposes for driver practice or for placing down the parade route. No music yet, but oddly enough ALL cars were being used. None have been repainted or modified at all...yet.

Stitch one is my favourite. Very lovely vehicles when you're close up, should be a very pretty spectacle for the guests.

Thanks for the update, it's interesting to hear that they haven't made any changes or modifications to the vehicles yet :-k

Kristof

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Insider update, last week tests with the cars were conducted in the studios, either for training purposes for driver practice or for placing down the parade route. No music yet, but oddly enough ALL cars were being used. None have been repainted or modified at all...yet.

Stitch one is my favourite. Very lovely vehicles when you're close up, should be a very pretty spectacle for the guests.

There weren't going to be any modifications any more.  The original plan was abandoned.  The use of all cars was probably for training reasons, unless plans have changed again...  :)

Kris

Word on the format yet? They have the chance to mix things up a little - which I'm sure they'll do if they want to promote this as their own little event.

I would've still loved The Muppets you know :(
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Adam

Kristof

Quote from: "Adam"Have a look here...

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/01/26/fin ... confirmed/

Or have a look a few pages back!  :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=576&start=188

:wink:

Anyway, regarding the event, one section will enter the park at the Toon Studio gate, the other at the Backlot Express gate.  Both will travel through the studios at the same time as it were a regular parade and will then join together on Place des Stars where the characters will leave the cars and put together a small show honouring each movie represented, followed by a meet 'n' greet.  :)

Kris

Ah, I was already aware of the line-up etc, just not how they'd drive out from two different places and then meet up. That makes a lot of sense from the little I know, but also raises several questions too. Had thought the music would roughly sync up as the relevant theme is played (Place des Stars would've been suitable to tie them together), but with two different routes at the same time... hmm. Two different music mixes and dialogues?

Willow

Maybe they are planning on just having 1 underliner?
Would I be right in thinking that when it was in America there was a standard audio track throughout the parade route?
It could have a point every minute or so were the next set of speakers activate as the parade advances.

I really like the idea that there are 2 routes before meeting in the middle.

Kris

I doubt the music will even stay the same as in Disney/MGM. To me the underliner idea is out. That being said, does anyone know if the cars have their own speakers actually? Never even thought about it!

2 different soundtracks which merge as the two strands of cars meet in Production Courtyard would be the best idea for me. Just need to make sure any dialogue towards the end matches etc

Magicalmouse125

Sorry, So is it going to be like two different parades that meet up at Place des Stars. Do a little sort of show and then go off and do separate meet 'n' greets.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kris"I doubt the music will even stay the same as in Disney/MGM.

The cars dont have their own speakers. But the music is different. However you might recognise some of it  :wink:

By the way a lot of "playback" has been introduced into this parade, which is a major improvement on the previous version. Much more character interaction is vital and is a big aim in DLRP. I think so far this will be a better version to the original. Apparently the improvement of SNC (stars n cars) is going to be a longterm project. More units will be added in the future, what you will see on 4th April is not the final version.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"

The cars dont have their own speakers. But the music is different. However you might recognise some of it  :wink:

By the way a lot of "playback" has been introduced into this parade, which is a major improvement on the previous version. Much more character interaction is vital and is a big aim in DLRP. I think so far this will be a better version to the original. Apparently the improvement of SNC (stars n cars) is going to be a longterm project. More units will be added in the future, what you will see on 4th April is not the final version.

So is there a chance of the Star Wars car coming back then? [-o<  Please, please, please, please,pleeeease!

Thanks for the update zanderstarz, this is great news :mrgreen:

Riebi

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "zanderstarz"

So is there a chance of the Star Wars car coming back then? [-o<  Please, please, please, please,pleeeease!

Thanks for the update zanderstarz, this is great news :mrgreen:

Sure like we don´t see the final version of fantilusion. Wasn´t there the "rumour" that they wanna add some new floats after some years  :P
I don´t believe it before I see it with my own eyes. :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Willow

It wouldn't cost as much money to add cars compared with new floats for Fantillusion.

Great news that the event will continue to be plussed, will help keep it fresh.

Kris

Grr, why are pics of the Muppets and Playhouse floats on the MMP website? That's just stupid!