Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyrules

Was it just me or was the the Once Upon a Dream Parade quite short compared to most of the disney parades.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

dlrpkris

They've mentioned new music for Dreams of Romance and I know it will be in the same format as the rest of the parade (with jingles in-between)... but will the princesses just dance to music from The Princess and the Frog or will this music just 'feature' in part of the loop of all princess tunes? Anyone actually understand my question? lol
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

never2old

The Dreams of Romance float was not in the parade last week, and the princesses were walking instead.

The Beast was already gone and replaced by the Prince (formerly known as Beast  :lol: )

dlrpkris

Oooooh interesting. Would love to think they're making additions to the float as well as music. Hoping it's not just routine maintenance...

By the way... doesn't that stone floor look bad! This is why I can't bring myself to watch a parade in Fantasyland.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

Kristof

I've heard the music for the float which they'll mix in with the existing soundtrack.  It's a new orchestral recording of Ma Belle Evangeline.  Don't know if they're going to use other music of the film on top of that.

dlrpkris

Yeah the orchestration really fits the existing soundtrack well. Obviously DOUADP was recorded with the Royal Philharmonic. I'm guessing they went back to Budapest however for this one? The overall quality of all the new music for the NGF is outstanding. Happy face :)

dlrpkris

The float's been in rehab for a few modifications in time for Princess Tiana. New flowers and greenery on the front of the float

Anthony

I presume Belle and the non-Beast are being shunted elsewhere then? No more roses on the front?

dlrpkris

Yeah I thought that had been expected however. Sure I'd read it somewhere. Just found this pic of the alterations. Is that a cage for them to dance in or just the perspective playing tricks with me?

Poppy The Monkey

Tiana makes her parade premiere tomorrow!  along with the soft-openings of the All Star Express and Ratatouille in Stars n' Cars.

dlrpkris

So much for the all-new music. Seems like it's just a few second clip attatched to the current Dreams of Romance loop. Didn't they mention jazz music anyway?

Here's the showmode:

[youtube:y7b2tmwj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU1tYwWqoew[/youtube:y7b2tmwj]

From CafeMickey1 on YouTube

dlrpkris

Yup, they messed the music right up :(

This link should go to the tiny snipet of music we have... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmrYXns2Nk#t=4m09s

Annet

Aahw my niece loves Tiana, if I'd known she'd make her debut already we would've gone one weekend later.

Anthony

Quote from: "dlrpkris"This link should go to the tiny snipet of music we have... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmrYXns2Nk#t=4m09s
A sparkly pixie dust sound solves all mixing problems! Couldn't Ma Belle Evangeline have had its own section?

Is that Tiana speaking over the top? It's hard to distinguish a southern accent in French...

zanderstarz

I think it would have worked out better if they had put Tiana and Naveen on the first romance float in the middle rather than shifting Belle and her prince to one side (i prefer having the prince to the beast, but why doesnt he have a nice shiney new parade costume yet?!). To fit Tianas lines in they could have just cut out some of Belles that way all of the princesses would speak instead of getting rid of poor Cinderella's lines. Also in all the paris pictures iv seen of Tiana her dress is deffinately too short compared to the other parks.
~ just like we dreamed it ~