Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpkris

I thought the whole point of these changes was to put Princess Tiana in pride of place and give her a big fanfare into the established world of Disney Princesses. It's her parade debut anywhere in the world as far as I'm aware. Why give her such a modest entrance. I mean, most people wouldn't even notice that music. And given how our parade music system is structured, why didn't they slot it in properly?

Not only did they just mix it with sparkly pixe-dust sounds, it's out of time and much louder than the rest of the music to really make it stand out. Poor show. It's clear that all the time, money and imagination went into Showtime Spectacular and the revamped Stars 'n Cars. At least the modifications to the costume and float were spot on... just we were offered far more originally
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Aurora

Same for me, I like seeing the Beast with Belle(I know I mentiond this before) I think they are stuck somewhere on the float. I`ll have to find out on wich side I have to watch to see them..
I also think Tianas dress is too short.
By the way: do they still have the same showstops? From that clip above I would think so. BY the Bella Notte and in front of the castle, right? (that is for the princess-float)
Only 3 more weeks or so, till we go to DLP!! :D/
Aurora

Kristof

Here's my video of Tiana on her float driving by (right before a BIIIIG rain shower fell from the sky).

[youtube:2nsh3p1n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfgKMgIhGG0[/youtube:2nsh3p1n]

JelleP

I saw the second video from you on YouTube (with the rainbow over the Fantasia Gardens).
You were lucky the rain didn't fall down during the parade! :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

norhel

Quote from: "JelleP"I saw the second video from you on YouTube (with the rainbow over the Fantasia Gardens).
You were lucky the rain didn't fall down during the parade! :roll:
Agree! Seems that is was raining very.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Kristof

The lightning and the heavy rain started when Dreams of Romance was passing Main Street Station, but the characters and dancers didn't stop performing.  =D>

JelleP

I just wondered, would we be just as negative about this as TSPL (especially in the beginning) when it replaces the Once Upon an Dream Parade?

[youtube:2nc5z7os]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNXRUHenE0&feature=fvw[/youtube:2nc5z7os]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Anthony

Do you mean to say "when" it replaces Once Upon a Dream Parade?

If something like "Celebrate - A Street Party" replaced our parade of course people would be annoyed!

_Natalie_x

The once upon a dream parade is amaaaazing !! :D  Last time we went to the park we made sure we were there everyday at the same place for the parade :D  

We stood opposite bella notte just before the bridge.. it was a fantastic view and the Dreams of Romance float stopped next to us so the Princess stop show was right infront :D   loved it !  Only realised on the last day that we should have stood abit further down another day to watch a different show stop but we didnt think of that at the time ! :lol:

wheres your favourite place to stand and show stop? :)
 anyone :D lolxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

mommy2ash

if  that replaced the ouad parade i would cry. honestly its awful, i would rather have the ouad parade for the next twenty years than something of that quality.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

Snow_White_Girl

I hate that thing they have at DLA at the moment, too much tweenybopper Disney Channel influence for my liking! I don't believe they got rid of the quite simply amazing Parade of Dreams for that! If the OUADP got replaced with something like that I'd be gutted... Not long till the 20th anniversary now lol... Wonder if DLP are sticking with the OUADP or planning something new??

\":lamp:\"

_Natalie_x

Omg. if it ever turned to that I would cry.   I only watched like the first 30 seconds but hearing a hannah montana song start the parade was enough for me !
Classic disney all the way ! Not this silly tween stuff !  :evil:
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Aveen2008

For me personally I prefered having belle and the beast at the front of the float under the little arch thing in the Ouadp, but I can see why they have put Tiana and Naveen there. I haven't seen the Princess and the frog yet so I just feel like they are imposters at the moment :P  I am sure I will feel different when I have seen the film.

I am not fussed on the new DLA event, i wouldnt even call it a parade, more like a street party type thing with very random none disney songs like " you cant stop the beat" from Hairspray, Its not as detailed and certainly wouldnt have cost anywhere near the amount of money the ouadp took.

xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I haven't seen the Princess and the frog yet so I just feel like they are imposters at the moment :P  I am sure I will feel different when I have seen the film.
You really will, it's great! :D

world-of-colour

Just a little news from the Once Upon a Dream Parade. It is a little magic spoiler so if you don't want to read then don't.

[spoiler:1s7qx8fq]This Monday gone, there was an incident in Fantasyland which injured one of the parade performers.

The Actress was playing Maleficent on the Dreams of Power float. She is a parade vetrain of 7 years and one of the orignal and dare I say "The Best" Maleficent fell from the float backwards landing on her neck, after her harness and seat structure snapped in half sending her crashing onto the concrete.

After 5 mins she was able to get-up and walk off the parade route and backstage, without her usual dose of "force and power" but still snarling at guests of course, many of whom were still asking for autographs and photos  :roll:

The parade was rushed through afterwards with the rather sad looking power float looking not so powerful!!

Pictures from Pixiedust.be

The float was out of action yesterday, but it returned today - without Maleficent!! Its not yet clear if or when she will return to the float, but if your going soon and wondering "where is she...??" Well now you know!!  ;)[/spoiler:1s7qx8fq]