Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs Potatohead

Saw the parade Sunday 25th and she still was absent, the evil queen from snow white was the only 'live' charecter with the float, it looks really bare without malificent on the front!

Kobato

I hope Malefiecent recovers soon, she is one of my favourite characters in all the parade!
And it has been more than a month since she fell, maybe they are revising the float to make it more safe? Or she got a serious injury?

claire2281

Quote from: "Kobato"I hope Malefiecent recovers soon, she is one of my favourite characters in all the parade!
And it has been more than a month since she fell, maybe they are revising the float to make it more safe? Or she got a serious injury?

Probably a health and safety thing. Can't risk the cast member falling off and seriously injuring herself so it's likely going through a thorough examination and report before she's allowed back.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

simonandwendy626

Hi Guys,

What exactly happened to Maleficent?

Wendy

tubbsy

Just flick back one page Wendy you can see in more detail, but unfortunately she had a fall from the float hurting herself. We're all hoping she'll be well very soon and back in the parade

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disney93

I watched the parade 3 times over the last week or so and Maleficent was still missing.

On the first occasion I presumed that she may have just been ill for the day or something, however during the second and third viewing I noticed that all of her voiceovers in the music had been removed and also her section of the float had been covered up entirely. It made it look as though she wouldn't be returning soon anyway.

Regardless, as shown in the above picture, the float is rather dull now  :(.

PetiteSirene

I would imagine there is a lot that has to be done in regards to this, meaning that it might not be suprising if she doesnt return at all. After an accident they would have to do a full investigation into it, also not forgetting that Malificent could have been badly injured and be seeking compensation.

In any case I wouldnt expect to see her any time soon, it could just be that they deem it too unsafe for her to return. Its sad though :( the float does look empty without her.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Poppy The Monkey

They are currently working on a new harness system for Maleficent.

They are hoping to get her back in the parade before Halloween. The performer has made a good recovery, and will hopefully be back soon to entertain you "poor imbeciles"  :twisted:

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"They are currently working on a new harness system for Maleficent.

They are hoping to get her back in the parade before Halloween. The performer has made a good recovery, and will hopefully be back soon to entertain you "poor imbeciles"  :twisted:

Great! hahaa, it may sound trivial but this has made my day  :lol:
Now I have to go at christmas time to see her  :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

-breeno-

Good to hear the performer has made a recovery, the Villains float did looks odd without it's Maleficent, but health and safety is always more important.

Still, back to spreading evil across every path for her again now  :twisted:  :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

tubbsy

Great to hear! I wonder does she know how much she has been missed and how many were wishing her well?... I mean sending evil wishes?  :twisted:  ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disney_Dreamer

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Has Maleficent returned yet? If not, I really hope she's back by July!!

When I went a few weeks ago, I think Maleficient was there. I did not even know she had been missing from the parade

itslewis

sebassah

Ill see if I can take a picture when I go! Hope to see her there since I loved her in Fantasmic! ;)

itslewis

The green Mallificent is back for Halloween  :D