Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Glad to see the float back. Did we ever find out why it was out of action for a while? Surely it wasn't the crash with the curb, that was ages ago and it returned afterwards before being taken out again? Strange :?

Was said a few pages ago, you probably missed it.

There was something to do with the bridge which was rushed when getting built so the parade would debut on time, it had to be fixed at some point so it was done.

Ooops, I must have missed that somehow :-k Thanks for that :)

littlemermaid83

The Princess float was back in action on the 8th November.

They was walking on the 7th and poof the next day they was on the float.

Glad to see it back, it felt weird seeing them walk the whole route.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

TowMater

I saw this twice on my holiday to DLRP in the mid-week, I saw it twice and everytime there was some stuff added and removed.

1st parade:

The Russian dancers
Tigger was not on bounce stits
Less pirates
Fire Jugglers
No octopus dancers and Flotsan & Joltson
Adventure ostrishes was removed with pink dancers as birds
Jumping vultures was removed

2nd parade:

The Russian dancers was removed
Tigger was missing
Less pirates
Octopus dancers behind Ursula
Pink birds & ostrishes was removed
Jumping vultures has returned but with bird masks
Less flower dancers from the Romance floats
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

ICHAPMAN

Hi All,

DLRPMagic's guide to OUAPD says:

QuoteA world-first is the addition of real scents for each float, taking you into the worlds as they pass you by - from candy for the first float to burning embers for the Villains and tropical fruits for The Lion King.

Now I can't say that I picked up on this when we saw the parade November 2007.    As we will visit again soon, can anyone tell me if this 'world-first' still functions please?.

Thanks

Iain

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Hi All,

DLRPMagic's guide to OUAPD says:

QuoteA world-first is the addition of real scents for each float, taking you into the worlds as they pass you by - from candy for the first float to burning embers for the Villains and tropical fruits for The Lion King.

Now I can't say that I picked up on this when we saw the parade November 2007.    As we will visit again soon, can anyone tell me if this 'world-first' still functions please?.

Thanks

Iain

After being "Forced" to watch it at halloween 08 i did notice a smell, faint but if the wind in blowing the correct direction your fine :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Jayna62

:pluto: We watched the parade last Tuesday (25th November) which was brill but we  noticed their was no Beast with Belle this time  :( , and noooooooo reindeer with Santa's sleigh .  :shock:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Jayna62":pluto: We watched the parade last Tuesday (25th November) which was brill but we  noticed their was no Beast with Belle this time  :( , and noooooooo reindeer with Santa's sleigh .  :shock:

Sometimes Beast isn't on the float with Belle, that happens quite a lot I find (he probably needs his rest, that's all :wink: ).

The reindeer however, unfortunately did not return with the float at all this year :(

Kristof

QuoteThe reindeer however, unfortunately did not return with the float at all this year :(

They are not returning this season at all.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"They are not returning this season at all.
Any reason?  Aren't they kept at DLRP all year, or were they brought in?

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"

I was always under the believe they were kept at the Davy Crockett ranch all year
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Samninetysix

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "Anthony"

I was always under the believe they were kept at the Davy Crockett ranch all year

DUHHH!! - Everybody knows they live at the North Pole :D

Poppy The Monkey

Sadly 2 of the reindeer died earlier this year, and no more were brought in by DLRP, so Santa will be reindeer-less throughout the whole season!  :(

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Sadly 2 of the reindeer died earlier this year, and no more were brought in by DLRP, so Santa will be reindeer-less throught the whole season!  :(

Is that why? OMG, that's so sad :(

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Sadly 2 of the reindeer died earlier this year, and no more were brought in by DLRP, so Santa will be reindeer-less throughout the whole season!  :(

That is so sad.  RIP raindeers.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "TowMater"I saw this twice on my holiday to DLRP in the mid-week, I saw it twice and everytime there was some stuff added and removed.

Due to various reasons. Normally lack of cast. Dance Captain decisions, weather, costuming, etc. Tigger and Vultures are normally cut/on foot in bad weather/ice (ie. most of this season). The pink birds are the new Ostrich costumes, they came in back in July with the new Vulture costumes.
~ just like we dreamed it ~