Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Yes, each float will have one of those themes and will feature 2 Disney movies.

Nala_84

I'm so looking forward to this parade :)! DO you think it could be possible to see pics of the floats before the parade will start?

A bit offtopic: Which parade will be there in 2008, after the celebration? The WWODP or Princesses Parade or another new one?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"DO you think it could be possible to see pics of the floats before the parade will start?
Yes, hopefully!  I'm hoping they'll release some concept art visuals, like the ones they released for Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams at Disneyland CA.  They've got to release some kind of visuals before the celebration begins anyway, so that travel companies and so on have something to market the parade with...

Quote from: "Nala_84"A bit offtopic: Which parade will be there in 2008, after the celebration? The WWODP or Princesses Parade or another new one?
If it's a success (and I can't see why it wouldn't be), then Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will continue to run after the celebration ends.  I doubt we'll see the floats of the WWODP for a long time... perhaps never again.  I heard they'll be kept in storage with all the other old ones though, which is nice.  They're Disney heirlooms! haha

Sam

A new parade is way to expansive to only use during one year. I guess will be seeing this parade for a few years.

And about this new parade: ABOUT TIME!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Sam"A new parade is way to expansive to only use during one year.

The Imaginations parade was only aroud for a year and that was probably very expensive aswell!

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Sam"A new parade is way to expansive to only use during one year.
The Imaginations parade was only aroud for a year and that was probably very expensive aswell!
Good point, but it was also quite unpopular with most guests.  The floats were massive and needed a lot of looking after, and their height meant they couldn't be used if there was any sign of bad weather.

I think they'll learn from past mistakes with this new parade and hopefully create something that every guest will truly want to see return for many years to come.

Nala_84

What?! The ImagiNations Parade was unpopular with most guests?? I think this was the best Disney Parade I've ever seen :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Sam

I think most people want to see scenes from movies they like and can recognize, together with the characters from those movies. The ImagiNations Parade was greet looking, but didn't really have that.

babybert

All castmembers on cdi and on dancers contract have had their evaluations for new parade, only a few from each group made it to try out thins like sky runner (bungee stilts) stilt walking and trampoling, theres not many dancers in the new parade and lots of characters. Still havent seen anything concept art wise, but people in evaluations did and said the floats look amazing!

Anthony

Cool stuff, thanks for the info babybert! :wink:  Bungee stilts and trampolines sound brilliant!

Anthony

Another present for you all!  Here's a concept visual released by DLRP:

Visual removed on request by Disneyland Resort Paris

The visual appears to be showing the opening float featuring the "Disney VIPs". As Mickey and Minnie gently float by the smiling purple moon in a sun-shaped hot air balloon, Donald and Goofy float on the clouds, fishing for dreams in the world of adventure and fantasy below them. Pluto and Chip & Dale meet and greet the fans in front of the float.

The parade's opening float seems to take the theme of "dreams" and wrap it up in more whimsy than we've ever seen before in a Disneyland Resort Paris parade.

Edit: Updated with higher quality version!

Sam

Lovely, I like the design and the sunny colours. Like they said, lots of characters but no dancers for that (opening) float.

The float seems in size smaller than the current parade, more in the like of the Disney Cinema Parade.

Nala_84

Wow, that's great!!  =D> Cool that they release so many things at the moment--thank you for showing it to us, Baloo :)

I think the opening float really looks sweet, awesome and also romantic! I'm so curious and can't wait to see this parade... or even new concept arts of the floats ;)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Dlrpfan

ove tthe colours but i thought it looks a little like disney dreams on parade at tdl but i love that float
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Ok people, here are some spoilers from an EPC friend.

The Villains Float:
- Will feature a large Chernabog on top of its mountain, surrounded by the Disney Villains.  Jafar will be featured as its Snake alter ego, stretching all the way in front of the float.

Winnie the Pooh and Toy Story:
- Will be presented as a large book with on each side of the book a movie.

Princesses
- One float will be the garden with grass and trees
- The second float is a bridge which fades over into a crystal castle

That's all the information I got for now, will keep you posted.  8)