Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteMusically the parade will feature an upbeat, but classical sounding track, with character voices for each float. There will be musical variations for each float too.

Everything we were hoping for.  8)

Do you know where they're building the floats?

Anthony

Great info, thanks for sharing! :)

"Upbeat but classical" sounds nice.  I've been thinking something like the second section (about 2:15 in) of Fantasy Suite of Dreams would be perfect.  It's lovely and classical, and they could remix it to remove the slower sections and make it all upbeat.  You can fit the words "once upon a dream" over the top easily too.

Anyone else heard that?  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the kind of style, something very storybooky, to contrast with WDS' showbizzyness.

The fact they've only just had budgets confirmed doesn't surprise me - I read somewhere that they're going to do a full formal announcement with a press release for the 15th Anniversary in November.  Conveniently, that will be just after the 2006 Annual Report, and so they'll know how much money to spend...

flor

I saw the parade in concept art. It looks very promising.
Very colorfull. And it looks so completely different to Wonderful World of Disney Parade / Princess Parade / Disney Villain Parade.
Sorry, but I can't / may not yet show anything for the moment.

Miss Tinkerbell

lt already sounds very good!!!

The Butlin Boy

Perhaps the Toy Story part (above) will look like the float at Hong Kong (below)

Anthony

Is the Toy Story section at the front of the float or the back? I can't tell...

Looks like some kind of cowboy camp at the back, but then the front doesn't scream "Winnie the Pooh" to me either...  :? The storybook at the front makes it more likely to be Winnie I suppose.

Poppy The Monkey

Front is Toy Story back is Pooh's Birthday Party

Kris

Hehe, if I had to guess, I'd say the same thing. The really big shapes at the front relate more to Toy Story than Winnie. Well spotted with the design though! That float actully does look pretty cool, but not very dreamy...
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Poppy The Monkey

I saw an early colour plan of this float in April - so I cheated a little!  :lol:

Anthony

I don't know where these are from, but they're here!!

Source: http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_once_upon_a_dre ... y_853.html

I think these visuals are the ones in the upcoming 15th anniversary official brochure... any bets that they'll be "removed at the request of Disneyland Resort Paris" by this afternoon? :P

The article also mentions special scents in the air as each float passes, that Alice's head will be 2.5m high, and the villains float will use a "lava stream" effect like Parade of Dreams.

They also say it'll debut on 1st April, which is different to the 31st March date everyone else has been saying.

Anyway - it looks incredible!! :D

Edit: Btw, interesting that the first float seems to have a "15" on it.  The whole thing is sooooo beautiful.  I don't want to be over-confident, but this really could be the best daytime parade ever... We've waited long enough to deserve it, I think.  :D

Dlrpfan

wow the peter pan one looks amazing! i just cant wait to see them for real!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

31th is the press preview.  It's like the Halloween season starting one day earlier.

flor

QuoteI think these visuals are the ones in the upcoming 15th anniversary official brochure...

I can assure you, you'll see this visual again ;)

Maarten

The key visuals look extremely well done. It seems like a really nice parade (at least the floats look good). If Vasile Sirli can create a powerfull, enchanting score with it, then it might be classified as "great". But the first part of the project I can give you my opinion about (the floats) seem really good.

Miss Tinkerbell

Great!!! How many floats will there be???