Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Two of the costumes...

Quote from: "DLRP Today"Finally, the series of photos take us into the colourful Costuming Workshop at the ImagiNations building, backstage at Walt Disney Studios, for a glimpse at two stunning new dresses created exclusively for Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. The dresses featured are Belle, from Beauty and the Beast, and the "one that started it all", Snow White.

Along with rich, glistening fabrics and remarkable attention to detail, the dresses have been peppered with beautiful gold-laced leaves, petals and flowers (roses for Belle), allowing them to match perfectly with the garden-themed "Dreams of Romance" finale float where they will be featured. This is the first time such a high level of customisation has been used to allow the dresses to match their floats.

Pictures thanks to Photos Magiques.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/01/ ... esses.html
How beautiful are they?!  I'm not normally bothered about costumes, but... wow! :shock:

Aaron

Normally you only see dresses like these in America!
Beautifull!  :shock:

The Butlin Boy

I agree, they do look very nice :)

Masamune

:shock: Just...wow... *In love with those dresses*

Riebi

well done! that are wonderful costumes :stitch_bounce:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Great, Disney is on fire the last few months and more to come with all those new rides and parades  :D/
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

I wanna have the Belle dress, please ;) Really pretty dresses so far...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

DisneyBud

These are so beautiful, it really gives an indication that Disney wants this to be successful, just all these little details that probably won't even be noticed all that much.  Do you think we will return back to WWODP/Princess parade or will we have this parade for many years to come? Otherwise it would be a bit of a waste of money...

Patrick

Quote from: "DisneyBud"These are so beautiful, it really gives an indication that Disney wants this to be successful, just all these little details that probably won't even be noticed all that much.  Do you think we will return back to WWODP/Princess parade or will we have this parade for many years to come? Otherwise it would be a bit of a waste of money...

Well considering the floats from wwodp/pp are probably going to be getting crushed, I highly doubt we will see a return to wwodp.  The dresses are definately amazing to see, so nice to see details being added.  This parade should be amazing, if they are going to this length, I hope.  Bring on April :D .

DisneyBud

O I didn't realise that lol, does anyone know where/when? Maybe we could salvage a piece of a float for sentiment lol

Kristof

Cinderella's, Snow White's and Dumbo's floats will be saved and used for future events.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Cinderella's, Snow White's and Dumbo's floats will be saved and used for future events.

Because of your comment, you reminded me of something. What are they planning to do during Halloween and Christmas? I suppose they are going to decorate Once Upon A Dream like they did with Wonderful World of Disney Parade? I dont think that a Villians overlay during Halloween will be as effective as previous years.  :?

Mansion Staff

"once upon a nightmare"
"once upon a christmas?"
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Maarten

Quote from: "Mansion Staff""once upon a nightmare"

That sounds lame. For example, how are they going to theme the Mary Poppins and Winnie the Pooh parts of the parade then?  :?

Mansion Staff

uh....
 :P
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.