Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Apologies to those who are reading this topic today and missed out on the concept visual - they *were* officially released by DLRP, but it seems they're not too happy about them appearing all over the place yet.  They'd like to keep a bit of mystery about the 15th, since it is still many months away.  Not only could plans and details change between now and April, but if the images and logos got into general circulation too much, then people may postpone visits until next year, which isn't good for DLRP at this point.

If you're desperate to see the visual, try to find the website which copied the image from here and beautifully removed the "copyright Disney" stamps I'd put on it (to stop such a thing happening), then posted it online without even a single mention for their source...

Edit (12/07/06): Since the visual is now everywhere due to that other website, I put it back online myself: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/images/2 ... oncept.jpg

The Butlin Boy

I don't know if this has already been mentioned so sorry if it has.
Apparently, the order of the floats will go like this:
1) Mickey and Minnie. With the most known Disney characters, called the Imaginations float
2)Alice in Wonderland - Pinocchio
3)Toy Story - Winnie the Pooh
4)Peter Pan - Mary Poppins
5)Disney Villains
6)Lion King - the Jungle Book
7)The Little Mermaid - Aladdin
8)Disney Princesses

Dlrpfan

the princesses at the end?
thats not like dlrp in any parade that has haf pincesses. is it going to be a big float like the staircase?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"the princesses at the end?
thats not like dlrp in any parade that has haf pincesses. is it going to be a big float like the staircase?

Yes, I think so.

Kris

Yeah I believe it will be a similar size, but obviously a different design this time. People are describing the float as big and "articulated", meaning the float will be in 2 or more sections so it can get around corners more easily.

This was also the case for the old Princess float (I seem to remember) and also the Casy Jr float that is currently in use.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Here is the latest info on the new floats including descriptions of what they are like, courtesy of the dlp.info forum

QuoteFloat 1: "Dream of Imagination"
Mickey and Minnie, on board a sun-shaped hot air balloon, gracefully introduce the parade with Pluto, Chip and Dale partying in front of them. On their magical travels, the gang seem to have found themselves attached on a smiling silver moon, sprinkling with stars. Donald is forever trying to with upon one, but Goofy's got his sight set on fishing for... bubbles!

Float 2: Dream of Fun and Laughter
In her larger than life form, see Alice out of her wonderland and trapped in White Rabbit's doll house. The huge audio-animatronic Alice depicts the scene beautifully and full of movement, but Pinocchio finds the dancing deck of cards rather funny! In his brightly-coloured setting, he's about to put the bounce into your parade!

Float 3: Dream of Friendship
A huge storybook tells Disney's favourite tales of true friendship. On one side, Winnie The Pooh is fresh from a visit in Hundred Acre Wood, whereas Woody from the Toy Story movies has his own army of Toy pals!

Float 4: Dream of Flight?
Flying its way through the proceedings is a glittering ship from Peter Pan, destined to Neverland. Aboard are Peter and Wendy, but an uninvited crocodile friend is lurking just below! Trailing off into the distance, the Big Ben London skyline sets the scene for our next adventure. Riding a carousel horse above a fluffy cloud, Mary Poppins makes a jolly holiday out of everything.

Float 5: Dream of Power
Towering high upon a rocky mountain, Chernabog rules the roost over all that is evil! Taking villainous command are Scar, Ursula and Jafar, each determind to turn this dream into a nightmare! Jafar's snake-like alter-ego even goes to the trouble of extending himself further in front of the float to scare all those who star at him.

Flat 6: Dream of Adventure
Characters from The Lion King and The Jungle Book bring this unit to life, with adventures fresh from the jungle. Timon, Pumba, Baloo and King Louie get the tribal celebrations going, with a herd of their favourite carnival animals marching in front of them.

Float 7: Dream of Romance (Part 1)
Among the lush flowers and green grasses of a royal palace garden, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Jasmine prepare for a fairytale finale.

Float 8: Dream of Romance (Part 2)
Leading from the enchanted fairy garden, a bridge elegantly sweeps back towards a huge crystal castle. Here for the occasion are the royal couples from Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella, with Beauty with her beastly prince too!

Dlrpfan

very dreamy lol
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I really like the float names of this parade, they've obviously spent a long time designing it all.  I think the "Dream of Flight" might be "Dream of Fantasy" though... :?

The final two princess floats are going to be brilliant, and it sounds like the first float will have some bubble machines...

One thing... Audio-animatronic Alice?!  I doubt she's going to be a full AA... :lol: It seems weird to not have her there in person though, that hasn't proven very popular in parades of the past.

Patrick

Well seemed to work for Ursula in Parade of Dreams, that float is actually rather impressive, and then there's the whole idea of Inflatables uised in Fantillusion, so maybe it's not always needed to have live actors playing the characters in the parade :wink: .

The Butlin Boy

Look at this new french advertising:

Click here:
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/dlp/once ... loat09.jpg

Cool huh? Here are some zoomed in pictures of the floats:
Float 1:
Float 2:
Float 3:
Float 4:
Float 5:
Float 6:
Float 7:
Float 8:
http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_once_upon_a_dre ... y_807.html

Admin edit: removed IMG tags around first images for easier browsing.

Anthony

That's brilliant, thanks for posting it! :D

(ps, is it sad of me to be coming on here on holiday to catch up with dlrp?) :lol:

DisneyBud

I shouldn't think so! Once the forum has infected you, it could be fatal not to regularly visit! :P

Dlrpfan

what was dlrp advertising on the advert?
Dan

Sam

They are organising a two castings for the new parade. It says the time, place and how to get there. More interesting: the wages; between 1267 - 1473 € (with taxes).

Poppy The Monkey

They are casting in the UK this week also for the new parade.

Glasgow was on Sunday, Leeds was yesterday and they are at London today.

After talking earlier to Daniel (Parade Casting), he said they have no idea about dancers for the new parade, and most the anniversary celebrations are still in early planning, as final budgets have only recently been allocated.

But they have been been told to recruit more people then normal - as next year the character presence over the whole resort will be "raised considerably".

The floats will arrive in Paris in January, and rehersals will begin early February. Musically the parade will feature an upbeat, but classical sounding track, with character voices for each float. There will be musical variations for each float too.