Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nath

Thanks again Towmater, you've been a great help!

I still say the alice float show stop is the best, the dance is exciting, featuring a lot of characters and performers, quite a complex dance for everyone in suits bar the mad hatter too, and it's also one the cutest as they really play up to the song, especialyl shown in this link:
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WWuwNwE2c

I still feel slightly un impressed with this parade, as for me it seems very messy and the dances arn't that impressive compared to past things, there's no proper set out routine and the sadly I feel there arn't enough entertainers, but then again, I have not seen it in person. I am told it's a very different experience, so lets hope so.

chinhk

Hi everyone, I will be visiting DLP on the 11th of July and am wondering if anyone knows where is the best place to wacth the parade? are the parade stops similar to the stops of fantillusion parade?? I know we can only see all three stops of fantillution parade at the central plaza but what about this new parade??

MinnieMouse

We always stay at the Main STreet USA, near the Railroad Station (the Place in the Middle), from there you can watch along Main Street USA and see the parade comes closer and closer.

From there you can make very good photos. And the Parade-Stops are not so spectacular as the Stops from Fantillusion.

Alexandra

TowMater

Quote from: "chinhk"Hi everyone, I will be visiting DLP on the 11th of July and am wondering if anyone knows where is the best place to wacth the parade? are the parade stops similar to the stops of fantillusion parade?? I know we can only see all three stops of fantillution parade at the central plaza but what about this new parade??

It's best to see this parade at Casey's Corner or near Sleeping Beauty Castle where you get 2 show stops, The Pooh stage is a good view to see the parade but it might get too crowded (Only 1 show stop) or down Main Street USA is also a good place where you get a great view of the castle (1 Show stop) Or where the parade route ends, You'll see the Imgation show stop and see the gates closing.

You can see show stops over YouTube and Dailymation.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

15MagicalYears

I sat a little to the left of the Castle (a little) and It was amazing I saw the Toy Story then if I streatched a little I could see a bit Of Winnie The Pooh then If i turned my head I could see Pinocchio !
PLUS
I saw The Princess stop too !

TowMater

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I sat a little to the left of the Castle (a little) and It was amazing I saw the Toy Story then if I streatched a little I could see a bit Of Winnie The Pooh then If i turned my head I could see Pinocchio !
PLUS

:shock: You lucky devil!

Here are the show stops I haven't seen yet:

Laughter and Fun (Pinocchio)
Power (Scar & Ursula)
Romance (Part 1)
Romance (Part 2)

Quote from: "Nath"I still say the alice float show stop is the best, the dance is exciting, featuring a lot of characters and performers, quite a complex dance for everyone in suits bar the mad hatter too, and it's also one the cutest as they really play up to the song.

I like the dancers for the float but it's the float I don't like, But on it's premire (31st March) Had tons of characters & dancers, Have a look at these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNYSwB5IT3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUu_SN6B5Rc

Previous Disney Visits

TowMater

Quote from: "Nath"I still say the alice float show stop is the best, the dance is exciting, featuring a lot of characters and performers, quite a complex dance for everyone in suits bar the mad hatter too, and it's also one the cutest as they really play up to the song.

I like the dancers for the float but it's the float I don't like, But on it's premire (31st March) Had tons of characters & dancers, Have a look at these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNYSwB5IT3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUu_SN6B5Rc

Previous Disney Visits

Anthony

TowMater, please read our magicforum dos and don'ts : you shouldn't double post like this.  If you've got something extra to say so soon after posting, just click "Edit" and add it to your original message. [/moderator talk] :wink:

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I sat a little to the left of the Castle (a little) and It was amazing I saw the Toy Story then if I streatched a little I could see a bit Of Winnie The Pooh then If i turned my head I could see Pinocchio !
PLUS

Quote from: "TowMater":shock: You lucky devil!

Aren't I just  :twisted:

Masamune

:) This Parade was just like I dreamed it and more. The main thing I couldn't get over was the scents that accompanied the floats. :D They were just so good! And the floats themselves were beautiful. And the performers that went with the floats were brilliant too. :P Everything was perfect!

*Will type up an in-depth review in her Trip Report*

:o We got to see the Alice stop, the Jungle Book stop and the Princess stop! :lol: We actually saw the Princess stop twice because we wanted a better view the 2nd time.

TowMater

Masamune, It sounds like you had great fun while watching the parade, 3 show stops in 1 day is good aswell.

Previous Disney Visits

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Masamune":) This Parade was just like I dreamed it and more. The main thing I couldn't get over was the scents that accompanied the floats. :D They were just so good! And the floats themselves were beautiful. And the performers that went with the floats were brilliant too. :P Everything was perfect!

*Will type up an in-depth review in her Trip Report*

:o We got to see the Alice stop, the Jungle Book stop and the Princess stop! :lol: We actually saw the Princess stop twice because we wanted a better view the 2nd time.

scents???? what do you mean, i havent heard of that!

15MagicalYears

Each float has their own scent which represents that style. (eg. Dreams of Adventure - Cirtis Fruits ect)

fly_with_me_dumbo

oh god thats amazing, i must go tell my gran and mum!

Kristof

From the first post on page one...........

QuoteThe parade will feature 8 floats, each using more than one character/film as its theme. The parade will feature parade "show stops" with confetti effects, scents for each float and puppets. Performers due to appear include: Characters, dancers, bungee acrobats, jugglers, flag artists, puppeteers, stilt walkers.