Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Whats the reason for showing twice?

Japper

They do that also in california! Cool!

Patrick

Interesting idea, is something special occuring this weekend?  Or is it simply a way to keep the epc cm's busy :lol: .

Poppy The Monkey

I'm not sure why its happening to be honest.

People are guessing it might be a trial for the summer, or perhaps its just expected to be a really busy weekend, as Merlin is also starting again on that day.

Been looking around the main offical site and it doesn't have the schedule for that day yet, but the "hidden" agenda mentions it....
 http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/parc_ ... arades.htm

ChipChap

By the way: On that weekend I have my next trip and I wanted to ask if there is also a later version of Candleabration?

Another interesting fact is: On the german website of DLRP is written: on 26th and 27th May: 10,00 - 22,00, but on any other website 20,00 is the closing time.

I know that this does not fit exactly, but please answer :D
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

Please use the trip planning board for these questions.

Poppy the Monkey, thanks for the news!   :D

Snow White Queen

Just for information : the 26th and 27th of may, there will be two parades !!!
one the day and one the night :D  :D  :D
Castmember in *Snow White scary ride* all the summer !

for a cheapest AP, ask me \";)\"

Patrick

Quote from: "Snow White Queen"Just for information : the 26th and 27th of may, there will be two parades !!!
one the day and one the night :D  :D  :D

By the way this was already stated by member, poppythemonkey :wink: .

anthony2k6

why not do fantillusion in the evening instead??  :?:

Patrick

Quote from: "anthony2k6"why not do fantillusion in the evening instead??  :?:

It is nowhere near dark enough in May at the time the second ouadp performance is.  Fantillusion only shows in the summer during July and August since it's at 10:30pm, when it's just dark enough anyway.

TowMater

This is what I think about the floats:

Dreams of Imgation: A very lovely start with a sun shaped balloon and a realistic winking moon and also my favourite part on the float.... BUBBLES!!!!! 10/10

Dreams of Laughter and Fun: A very realistic Alice trapped inside the dolls house when she nods, winks and opens her mouth, The Pinocchio unit is a waste of space, Only a blue house and a clock tower and some stairs this part isn't very good to me but you just got to see the show stop of it! 7/10

Dreams of Friendship: Very catchy music while Woody, Jessie and Buzz dance on the float and the Green Army Man go in front of the float and dance aswell but this unit had bright colours. The Pooh unit is yet again a waste of space which only had a tree and a table. 9/10

Dreams of Fanasty: I like the ship part the most on this float yet again very catchy music I can't get the tunes out of my head! Mary Poppins unit is yet again a waste of space which only had a carousel and the Penguin waiters following the float. 8/10

Dreams of Power: One of the greatest floats in the parade! 3 statues, 2 people and 2 puppets and following the float is Flotsam and Joltson and yet again very catchy music and when Ursula and Scar talk it just look so real! 10/10

Dreams of Adventure: My favourite float in the parade! Very catchy music but the float is just too cartoony and the people with the drums ruin the float because this float was meant for Jungle animals not People. 10/10

Dreams of Romance: Such a great ending to a wonderful and lovely parade, even though these two floats are popalur for the girls when they see they're favourite princess on these two floats. 9/10
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

CafeFantasia

Hey, I don't know if this'll interest any of you. But, last night, I heard the Once Upon A Dream parade music performed live by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by the composer Steve Sidwell. As you can imagine, it was pretty cool :-)

DisneyBud

Hmm, I've just been deliberating, and was wondering what the cost might be to put on something as big as the OUADP? I mean the floats themselves must be expensive, and then there are the wages of the performers, drivers etc. Has anyone heard any rough figures? Or know an definite figures?!

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"Hey, I don't know if this'll interest any of you. But, last night, I heard the Once Upon A Dream parade music performed live by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by the composer Steve Sidwell. As you can imagine, it was pretty cool :-)
Whoa!! Where was this?! Why did it happen?!

You are very very lucky Alan! :o

CafeFantasia

Ah, at last, someone responds to my post. This was at the Royal Albert Hall in London. They were supposed to be doing only movie themes, but Steve Sidwell came out totally by surprise to conduct the parade music. Yes, I guess I was lucky to hear that :-) And they also played the "Captain Jack" theme from Pirates of the Carribean, oh, and E.T., Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Superman, etc.