Disneyland Park effects and details checklist

Started by Riebi, September 22, 2008, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterpanfan1953

Not sure if this is a new effect, a really old effect that was just fixed, or if it is something that I had just never noticed before and it just isn't listed; however, one of the Tepees in the Indian Village was giving off puffs of smoke every so often:

Also, noticed a lot of "background" sound changes on Main Street... at the Dentist in Town Square, the side street on the Discoveryland side (Is that Flower Street?) and outside Victoria's Home Style Restaurant... they were MUCH louder than I ever remember them being and at least the Dentist one is completely different from what it was a few months ago.  Also, in the Roundup Village there were also new (at least I had never heard them before) background sounds of saws sawing, goats bleating, and other various things.

This was all seen on Nov 13th, 2010
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

RiverRogue

The smoke coming from that teepee is an old effect, long out of order, which was brought back this summer.

The volume of several Main Street window sounds has indeed been turned up, but they're still the same that have been there since park opening. Most of them (especially the dentist school) play a loop of several different "scenes" though, so it's well possible that you hadn't heard that particular bit before.

mattboywonder

Few things I noticed during my trip this weekend....
POTC - swinging pirate still missing but smoke effect on by pirate with knife in his mouth near the swinging pirates location.  Pirate balancing between boats before 2nd drop is back (he was missing in October) but his pile of hats are NOT on his head but behind him on some boxes!!!  The peeping bride in the barrell is also back but the dog is still missing but his bark can be heard.  Also the captain of the Wicked Wench seems to have been silenced as he is not speaking his lines!

OK, so its only two things.  Im sure there were a couple more but I cant remember them now
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Martyn

The swinging Pirate has been removed, hasn't it?

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Martyn"The swinging Pirate has been removed, hasn't it?

Not permanently, no. But it is in refurb a lot for sure!

Martyn

He's not even be visable on my last couple of visits, and I dont just mean not working, he literally wasn't there at all. I presumed all that smoke was a replacement for him.

Martyn

Yeah he's still not there. The mechanism for him has gone as well.

Also, not a lot working on Space Mountain at the minute. No smoke, no retracting cannons and hardly any lights at night. The dome wasn't lit up at all.

On a light note, in general the park seemed to have a lot more stuff working, and I guess the smoke machine people have been about (apart from Space Mountain) as lots of smoke effects everywhere!

Oh, and the steaming drain outside BTM, is that an effect? Or something gone wrong!?lol

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"Yeah he's still not there. The mechanism for him has gone as well.

Also, not a lot working on Space Mountain at the minute. No smoke, no retracting cannons and hardly any lights at night. The dome wasn't lit up at all.

On a light note, in general the park seemed to have a lot more stuff working, and I guess the smoke machine people have been about (apart from Space Mountain) as lots of smoke effects everywhere!

Oh, and the steaming drain outside BTM, is that an effect? Or something gone wrong!?lol

That's really bad that nearly nothing works on Space Mountain. It is the centerpiece of Discoveryland and at least the lights should work.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

in the first week of January we rode SM several times I found the interior effects to be in very good condition,  (but no smoke or recoil, of course) strange how this can change in such a short period of time.

The pirate seems to be in refurb a lot, but I'm sure he will return. He was there and swinging on one of our stays last year, not sure which one, I think January 2010, but not sure. And that was already after the smoke effect appeared, so the smoke is not ment as a replacement for him. POTC has a 25 day refurb in March, I guess they will return him then. I'll be there right after the refurb, so I will check myself and report it here :-)

Martyn

But why would such a simple effect need to be refubed all the while?

Quotein the first week of January we rode SM several times I found the interior effects to be in very good condition, (but no smoke or recoil, of course) strange how this can change in such a short period of time.

The interior was fine for us too, its just the exterior that was bad. Including the large Space Mountain facade/picture, which had curled up at all the corners, and looked like an old poster. Though they had sorted it (ish) by the end of the week.

One other thing, its now 2 years in a row that the green lights in the wall in Phantom Manor haven't been working. The ones that follow you past the doors and grandfather clock before floating head scene. Have they been removed?

Scissorsboi

If you mean the glowing eyes in the wallpaper, then some of them were working on my last visit, but it definately wasn't as many as there are supposed to be.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Festival Disney

Discoveryland lava rocks/pools are out of refurbishment, lots of bubbles but no return of the fire effect :(

Source: Waterprof on Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

The bubbling effect is great!
[youtube:1hogl0ee]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerevNiR7hU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1hogl0ee]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Josh

I used to love those bubbles when I was a kid. It's good to see that they're finally back.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

davewasbaloo

Fab!
since 2001 (many before that)