Maarten

Two new photos from Disneytheque:

Owain

The sign looks pretty good at night  :)

But the new photo location backdrop, looks very tommorowland !  :roll:

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Maarten"Two new photos from Disneytheque:

Hey!

Can anyone please kindly inform me when the works in front of autopia will be ready?I hope they will be ready by the 5th of october,when I visit dlrp  

Anthony

Looks surprisingly great at night, I guess because there are fewer colours, and the new photo location is a big improvement. Definitely some 1950s in there. Maybe we can warm to this after all...

The blue swirl is what might be ruining it. The font on its own could pass for retro, but the McDonald's swirl, no thanks. Too modern.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Looks surprisingly great at night, I guess because there are fewer colours, and the new photo location is a big improvement. Definitely some 1950s in there. Maybe we can warm to this after all...

The blue swirl is what might be ruining it. The font on its own could pass for retro, but the McDonald's swirl, no thanks. Too modern.

Actually, it's not too bad at night, perhaps I could warm to it after all, we'll just have to wait until they've finished it all and opened it. I see they've fixed the 'I' as well :roll:

It's just hit me that this new look is a bit like Disney Village: it disappoints at first, but then looks better at night :wink:

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"The blue swirl is what might be ruining it. The font on its own could pass for retro, but the McDonald's swirl, no thanks. Too modern.

Yes, the blue swirl is yucky. :sick: If they got ride of that and changed the colour of the letters to purple (like the old logo) I think it would be a lot better.

It does look better at night, but only because the blue swirl isn't lit up. The majority of people will only see it in the day anyway.

The Butlin Boy

Looks like they've finished...

:arrow: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... -2008.html

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Looks like they've finished...

:arrow: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... -2008.html

YESSSSSSSSSSS Its ready 4 days b4 my trip to DLRP!WOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :twisted:

Thanks 4 the update! =D>

Remco K.

The photo location looks pretty good as a stand-alone. It matches the the style of the signs along the track.

dagobert

I really like the new Autopia logo, especially when it is illuminated. And the photolocation looks great too.

pussinboots

Well, I guess it could have been worse... But it's still far too modern for Discoveryland. Autopia, already pushing the late 19th century feel of its neighboring attractions, had this 1940s/'50s feel to it — this is more a combination of 1960s Jetsons whimsy and well, today. It might have looked less jarring if it had been symmetrical, or had less swooshy vectors in it, or more demure colors. A slightly hand-made feel would have been more appropriate, a la:  http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... C07053.JPG But I'll stop overanalyzing everything and annoying everyone now...

Nala_84

Well, I like the new sign and even the photolocation! If we can't ride Autopia this time, I just sit in this car and my boyfriend takes a picture of me :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

The photo location looks okay. :?  I don't like the purple background and the logo is still ruining it, but it could have been a lot worse.

Remco K.

I took two pictures of the photo location Friday the 3rd of October and discovered something that looked like a Hidden Mickey. What do you think? Coincidence or real Hidden Mickey? The size of the 'head and ears' seem to be in the right perspective.

You'll find the Hidden Mickey in the center of the second picture. It's made by the trees.

Riebi

I don´t like the photolocation (maybe mostly cause this ugly sign with this blue something on it) but this is a nice detail  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...