New Autopia logo and photo location

Started by Riebi, September 08, 2008, 12:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

There´s some work at the autopia attractions. Some say they make a new entrance sign. Do somebody knows more about that?

Here are some pics from mousy.be:

:arrow: //http://www.mousy.be/5september08.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Refurb of the photo location and the seating area around it.  :)

Riebi

Wow we have a photolocation there??? I never made a pic in front of it! Maybe since the WDS are open I´m always thinking Photolocations need a BIG backdrop or something else  :lol:  :lol:

MagicStar

Yeah - one of the cars in front of the entrance. :-)
But especially when it was crowded, you could easily have overseen it.
I´m very excited how the new one will look like!!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

Nice to see there they're refurbing the photolocation :)

According to members on the MiceChat forum, there is going to be a new logo as well.

Quote from: "DLRP_bopazot on MiceChat"Since monday a New Photolocation next to the ride with a backdrop will appear .

like HKDL Version it looks very colorfull and the Logo on the top of the Main Entrance . That is actually why the ride will go down for a few days .

the new Logo will look like Tommorrowland stylish design . Pics from the walls to come ......

Anyone know any more about this? :-k

:arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... ation.html

Anthony

I'm guessing the new logo would/will also have the Ford logo much more prominent...

Nice to see they're taking care of Autopia though, even if the "Tomorrowland style" words do scare me. Not sure if it's connected, but since they took over sponsoring from Esso, the attraction seems to have been open MUCH more and running better too (which wouldn't be hard, to be honest).

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"... and running better too (which wouldn't be hard, to be honest).

Well you say running better but when i was there in august my car broke down at possibly furthest point from the station :P

To be honest, i dont mind a new logo with sponsorship, certainly wont make me go out and buy a ford car :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ICHAPMAN

Elessar over on the Disney Central Plaza boards has posted some images:

Note - that the sign is in French and Spanish - what does that mean/tell you about the visitors?   Whether the other side of the triangle sign has other languages on it isn't said in the original thread.

Note -that the seating has been removed - although someone else has said they will be replaced.

Anthony

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Note - that the sign is in French and Spanish - what does that mean/tell you about the visitors?   Whether the other side of the triangle sign has other languages on it isn't said in the original thread.
I'd guess/hope that the other side has French and English. Things are going to get complicated soon.

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Note -that the seating has been removed - although someone else has said they will be replaced.
Nice cones. Is it being rethemed to Toy Story 2? :P

It should be finished by now, right?

penfold12

with ever increasing gas prices isn't it time this attraction was closed and something else put there, like test track? It has low capacity, and am I missing something, but is it that relevant to kids today?

jeakat24

Quote from: "penfold12"with ever increasing gas prices isn't it time this attraction was closed and something else put there, like test track? It has low capacity, and am I missing something, but is it that relevant to kids today?

No you're not missing anything, and I kind of agree with you, nut for some reason unknown to me I absolutely love Autopia! I am slightly ashamed to admit that though, especially considering my age and the fact that I can drive on normal road  :oops:
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Note - that the sign is in French and Spanish - what does that mean/tell you about the visitors?   Whether the other side of the triangle sign has other languages on it isn't said in the original thread.
I'd guess/hope that the other side has French and English. Things are going to get complicated soon.

I remembered seeing this signs before. They have also other languages. But it will getting harder and harder if any country want its own sign  :|

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "Anthony"

Of course it could be that they put it in Spanish because September is the busiest month for the Spanish and Portuguese guests. They dont go back to school until October so as someone pointed out to me its the cheapest time for them to go.
I did notice a huuuuuuuge amount of Spanish speaking guests when I went.

Of course it probably also has english on the other side  :lol: its just my theory I thought up in my little head lol so its probably wrong ;)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Kristof

A look through a hole in the fence reveals... not much!  :lol:

The sign is in English too btw.

Riebi

Hm where is kristof in this picture?  :lol:

Don´t see much new. But I´m the guy who runs all the time near the autopia photolocation at didn´t even know that it excist.