New Autopia logo and photo location

Started by Riebi, September 08, 2008, 12:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

this may sound a dumb question and sorry if wrong place to post

how dose Autopia ride work, what do you do when your ridding on it?

:roll:
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Maarten

Quote from: "Anthony"Do I like it? Well, at least now you can see it. Bad Points: The colours literally make me feel sick (green neons, purple neons, blue backgrounds, yellow/red letters, turquoise, silver and bronze steel? Bluerk), most of it doesn't fit with Discoveryland and the "i" is upside down as we've all said.

It's surprising how much a small colour change makes the whole thing work. Currently, it looks like funfair-chic. The purple, however, looks classy. Campaign for RNRCj's purple letters!!!

Exactly my thoughts. The logo on itselfs isn't that bad really, but the colours make it look tacky. Just look at RNRCj's photoshopped image and draw your own conclusions. This has nothing to do with money however, with the same budget they could have opted for a logo like RNRCj's... this has to do with taste, something an Imagineer should have in the first place. Who came up with this tacky colourscheme?

It seems like there are two entirely different teams of Imagineers at play in Discoveryland; the Imagineers who created the new topping bars at Hyperion and the information board (=the team that seems to get it right), and the Imagineers who created the awful exterior of Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Cool Station, the tacky colourscheme of the new Autopia logo (and by the looks of it; the renewed Autopia photolocation).

Besides, was a new Autopia logo really nescessary? I would rather see them spending the money on other issues in the park (sprucing things up for example). But I assume that Ford paid for the new Autopia logo?

dagobert

I like the new logo, although the photoshop logo looks a little bit better. At least you can see it now. And I also think that Ford paid for it.

I know it's off topic, but we are receiving the Ford Magazine once a month and in one of the last issues there was an article about DLRP's Tower Of Terror.

Maarten

Quote from: "dagobert"I like the new logo, although the photoshop logo looks a little bit better. At least you can see it now.

I assume you would have found the entrance to Autopia even with a logo that was less visible? Its not like the attraction is hidden or something.  :wink:

Timbo

The new logo is a lot easier to see,but I have to say I think it looks more 1970s than anything else !!! So it does give it a Tomorrowland look in a bad way ! The revised colours are better than the orange though .

pussinboots

Ugh!!! It looks like a corporate logo! The old one was otherworldly, this is like a fast food chain.

And the old logo didn't looks "90s" at all.

experiment627

Quote from: "pussinboots"And the old logo didn't looks "90s" at all.

No, it looked like the 1970's version of Battlestar Galactica...

pussinboots

Quote from: "experiment627"

Alright, you can sneeze at it all you want, haters, haha... But I think it was an excellent logo that utilized its context (i.e. the rings). It was slightly offbeat in a stylish retrofuturistic manner. Unlike the new logo.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "bigrossco"this may sound a dumb question and sorry if wrong place to post

how dose Autopia ride work, what do you do when your ridding on it?

:roll:

:offtopic: You steer it (only certain amount before it locks back along the track) and have a throttle/clutch/brake pedal (Its all 1 pedal, press to go)

As for the topic in hand, i think the new logo looks good (y) but i still feel its holding and area that could be used for something else
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kuzco

Hmm..not quite sure what to think of this new logo. For me personally, i get a more Hong Kong Disneyland feeling while looking at it.
No touchy!

Riebi

OMG. I´m a bit shocked. It doesn´t look like this cars of the future ride. It looks like an old Esso-fuelling-stations-sign from the 80ties. In

Quote from: "pussinboots"Ugh!!! It looks like a corporate logo! The old one was otherworldly, this is like a fast food chain.

And the old logo didn't looks "90s" at all.

Exactly. What was wrong with the old position of the logo. Why haven´t they changed simply the color of the old one if they wanna get sure that everyone could spot it. Hope the photo location won´t be the same desaster!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

experiment627

Quote from: "pussinboots"

Alright, you can sneeze at it all you want, haters, haha... But I think it was an excellent logo that utilized its context (i.e. the rings). It was slightly offbeat in a stylish retrofuturistic manner. Unlike the new logo.

Puss, I definitely view you as someone with taste, and as original as the old logo was (and the idea of using the rings was quite neat), it was hard to read.

Trust me, you *have* to make it as easy as possible to guests to identify an attraction. Autopia's sign didn't really do that.

pussinboots

Quote from: "pussinboots"Alright, you can sneeze at it all you want, haters, haha... But I think it was an excellent sign that utilized its context (i.e. the rings). It was slightly offbeat in a stylish retrofuturistic manner. Unlike the new logo.

Puss, I definitely view you as someone with taste, and as original as the old logo was (and the idea of using the rings was quite neat), it was hard to read.

Trust me, you *have* to make it as easy as possible to guests to identify an attraction. Autopia's sign didn't really do that.

Well thank you, but surely there was a way to make it stand out a bit more without removing it altogether and replacing it with this thing? They could have painted it, laminated it with a shiny bronze, added a light effect or created a second, clearer sign in the same style (surely there are sketches and blueprints around of the original designs). They could even have rearranged the old letters in the same horizontal inclination as the new sign. Or asked the person who did the new information board...

The point is, they could have done lots of things that wouldn't have involved an intern with Adobe Illustrator. But ah well, I suppose it's just a sign.

MagicStar

I like it.
It looks like a combination of the 60th and a more modern way...
And... because of the different colours... the bright yellow and orange you can see it from far behind constellations.
Another darker colour would make it less visible
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

RnRCj

Quote from: "pussinboots"Well thank you, but surely there was a way to make it stand out a bit more without removing it altogether and replacing it with this thing? They could have painted it, laminated it with a shiny bronze, added a light effect or created a second, clearer sign in the same style (surely there are sketches and blueprints around of the original designs). They could even have rearranged the old letters in the same horizontal inclination as the new sign. Or asked the person who did the new information board...

The point is, they could have done lots of things that wouldn't have involved an intern with Adobe Illustrator. But ah well, I suppose it's just a sign.

I think that just simply using the old letters and making them a bit bigger would have worked. The vibrant colours and the general style of the new logo just seem like something from a tacky amusement park to me. Not Discoveryland at all. :sick: