15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Can anyone confirm that the castle will actually be decorated how it looks in that picture, or is it just for decorative purposes to make an interesting key visual?  I'm confused...

Anthony

They've just added a nighttime version of the same key visual:

What do you think?  Does anyone know if this character makeover is definitely confirmed now?

Anthony

Any opinions on that key visual above?  No? :)  Well here are some more presents for you ungrateful lot!!  And these are pretty jaw-droppingly incredible:

Visuals removed on request by Disneyland Resort Paris

Phew, you wouldn't believe how long that took!  Again, sorry about the copyrights, but we have to respect these are copyright Disney and probably shouldn't even be posted.

What do you think? :)  I like how in each one the characters are in a different place, with the logo in a different place and the castle at different angles.  They've obviously spent a *lot* of time and money on this!  I think these will be popping up later this year and in early 2007 as brochure covers for travel agents.

Which is everyone's favourite visual?

Kristof

I guess I have to live up to your expections, so I'll choose Aladdin...  :lol:

Anthony

I'm going to defy expectations and not choose Baloo... I think the Aladdin and Dumbo ones are the best - I love the angle they've used for the castle, and the night-time Dumbo one looks *so* magical.

I've also got some more information about what the point of these decorations might be... well, by "information" I mean "one sentence". :wink:

They promise "A celebratory atmosphere, with castle & park specially decorated for the 15th anniversary year", and say you'll be able to "Enjoy the beauty of a captivating one-of-a-kind anniversary ceremony every night at Sleeping Beauty's Castle".

Now, I'm thinking... an "anniversary ceremony", and the characters are holding candles.  Could they be blowing the candles out?  It'd be like the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony in reverse...  :lol:

Sam

I was thinking the same, probably one by one, together with some quotes or a song by the character.

My favorite one is Pinochio by the way.

Nala_84

Woooow!! What's that?? ;)

Why did they release so many castle pics? I mean, it's great, but what are they for? *g*
Will there be postcards with these picture motives?

And what about this ceremony with candles? Haven't understood what that could mean  :oops:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteWhy did they release so many castle pics? I mean, it's great, but what are they for? *g*
Will there be postcards with these picture motives?

Those are for use in travel brochures etc.

Poppy The Monkey

I heard the ceremony will light the candles, not blow them out.  But that was a few months ago.

penfold12

Thanks Baloo!

Those are fantastic, particularly the Aladdin one.

As fo rthe Chastle decorations themselves, any idea yet as to what they will be like? I mean, will they be actual representations of the characters, in colour, or more like the Disneyland 50th, when they were all in gold?

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Why did they release so many castle pics? I mean, it's great, but what are they for? *g*
Raptor said it already, but as I said in my post above, I think these will be popping up later this year and in early 2007 as brochure covers for travel agents.  They just produce a lot of them because it makes it easier for travel companies to use them in their brochures (more options), and the easier it is = the better advertising they get!

Quote from: "penfold12"As fo rthe Chastle decorations themselves, any idea yet as to what they will be like? I mean, will they be actual representations of the characters, in colour, or more like the Disneyland 50th, when they were all in gold?
I've been wondering about this as well.  I think they will be fully coloured, as you see them in these visuals.  Since a 50th is a "golden" anniversary, it might not make much sense having golden characters yet, even if they'd fit in a bit better.

Anthony

This topic's very quiet these days. :) I think DLRP are being a bit more careful what they release now (i'm not saying anything...).  If I remember correctly, there will be a full press release about the anniversary in November, so we should hopefully get more news - and maybe even some more concept art - then. :wink:

Until then though, there's still lots to discuss:
- the castle decorations
- the nighttime candles ceremony
- the new character locations
- advertising, marketing
- the anniversary itself
- will it save the resort?
etc.

:wink:

Nala_84

What do you mean with "will it save the resort"? :( Does that mean that this anniversary could be the last one?? Does it stand so bad with DLRP? I hope not, and I suggest they should take lower prices, and maybe more people would come ;)

Well, I'm the most curious about the nighttime candles ceremony, the parade and the castle decorations :)! Will the ceremony be there every night next year? I hope so!

The new character locations make me curious, too. I hope there'll be the ones I've always wanted to meet :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"What do you mean with "will it save the resort"? :( Does that mean that this anniversary could be the last one?? Does it stand so bad with DLRP?
Well there seems to be the general concensus with both the resort itself and fans and partners that 2007 will be make or break.  Three attractions, a new parade, huge new marketing pushes - everyone is asking themselves: If 2007 doesn't work, what will?

I always think we have to remember, though, that DLRP accounts for more than 12,000 jobs and closing the resort would lead to a serious decline for the whole Marne-la-VallĂ©e region.  Someone, somewhere, would step in to save the day.  I honestly believe Disneyland will always be alive in Paris.

What 2007 will determine most of all for us fans is whether we get any extra new attractions in 2009 and beyond (those rumours of Soarin, etc.).  If the anniversary doesn't work, I guess the resort will need to produce some kind of rescue plan, and as we've seen in the past this usually means no new attractions for some time.

Personally, I'm optimistic.  We should get a preview of whether new attractions will work in October/November with this year's Annual Report (Laser Blast), and that will probably prepare us for good or bad news.  The problems of DLRP won't go away in a year, but if 2007 is a success then it'll take the resort one giant leap nearer to success.

I've been thinking about the nighttime candles ceremony after reading some french forums - how are they actually going to do a "nighttime" ceremony (in the style of the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony) all year-round?  If the park closes at 8pm, then it won't be dark enough during most months.

The daily anniversary ceremony is confirmed, and I think most people's first guess is that it'll involve the candles of the character decorations, right?  So it'll be interesting to see how they change the pattern of the sun to coincide... :wink:

Unless the candles actually won't have much importance afterall, and so it won't matter if it's still daylight. (They could focus on characters on a central plaza stage perhaps?) I suppose another possibility is that the ceremony will take place on Royal Castle Stage, and will be more of a full "show" with the castle just as a backdrop... *spreads dodgy false rumours*  :lol:

Lightning McQueen

I believe that 2007 will be a good year for DLRP, a anniversary year is usually good for extra visitors.Advertising plays a major role of course ,pictures of the castle with the planned decorations can only work as a advantage in my opinion.
New attractions can also work as a magnet ,this in combination with new events shouldn't give us too much to worry about.There will still be some problems and the usual complaints but good planning is half of the job done.
Lightning McQueen