[DLR] Miley's Sweet 16 on October 5th: $250 much?

Started by AmericanMouse, August 21, 2008, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Miley Ray Cyrus (a/k/a Hannah Montana to your tween girls) is going to stage her "Sweet Sixteenth" Birthday party one month early at Disneyland.  And they will be charging admission as a "hard ticket" event.

At $250 (USA) a head.  Tickets will go on sale August 30th.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Miley Ray Cyrus (a/k/a Hannah Montana to your tween girls) is going to stage her "Sweet Sixteenth" Birthday party one month early at Disneyland.  And they will be charging admission as a "hard ticket" event.

At $250 (USA) a head.  Tickets will go on sale August 30th.

I think if I were around DLC then I would give it a miss. Not because of the Birthday Party, but $250 :shock: ..........I don't think so [-X

I'd spend the day by the hotel pool :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

AmericanMouse

Given that her concert tour sold out so far in advance, and nobody else got tickets, some people may have to take out another mortage, and in these times, it's so darned risky.

Owain

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Miley Ray Cyrus (a/k/a Hannah Montana to your tween girls)

Off topic but i was watching What the Buck ?, and he was taking the mick out of her names saying;

QuoteDestiny, Miley, Hannah. Who ever the Hell you are ?!  :lol:

And i would definatly go to it if i lived in california !  :D

MinniesBestPal

I just choked on my drink a little bit...

WHAT? SHE'S PERFORMING IN DISNEYLAND? I'm so glad its not Paris! And $250 dollars for tickets? Thats a ripoff!

Owain

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I just choked on my drink a little bit...

WHAT? SHE'S PERFORMING IN DISNEYLAND? I'm so glad its not Paris! And $250 dollars for tickets? Thats a ripoff!

Its not a concert, shes just having what any disney fans dream would be. Sweet sixteen in DISNEYLAND !  :D

Kristof

Is there an official announcement for this yet?  Maybe the tickets are for charity?

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I just choked on my drink a little bit...

Its not a concert, shes just having what any disney fans dream would be. Sweet sixteen in DISNEYLAND !  :D

Oh, I thought she was performing!

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Kristof""Is there an official announcement for this yet?"

Official web minisite just went up:

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/mileyCyrusSweet16Birthday/index

Quote from: "Kristof""Maybe the tickets are for charity?"

Let me check...no.

tubbsy

Steph would make puppy eyes at me for this, but would still get a firm "No!" She loves Miley.
Miley doesnt really need the money does she? Richest teen in the world. maybe she need to read this forum and pick up on Kristoffs hint.
But if Miley would like to pay for us to all go to Disney, I wouldnt complain-that'd be a nice prezzy for us all instead:D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Pete's Dragon

Charity ? More likely its for the Hanna Montana Retirement Fund  :P

AmericanMouse

I believe we have a POST OF THE DAY winner!

Kristof

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"I believe we have a POST OF THE DAY winner!

Youth Service America will be prominently present at the event (and also on the official website), so I assume it is a charity event.

http://www.disneyparks.com/miley

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/08/64566/index.html

AmericanMouse

Yes, Youth Service America is having a part of this, but right now, we should not assume that it will be a fundraiser.

After all, we know what happens when one assumes something...

MinniesBestPal

I'll get the rotton tomatoes...