Saint Patrick's Day for the first time at DL park!

Started by Kristof, November 30, 2005, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

I can't scan it, but in the Tribune (intern newspaper at DLRP) they have a Mickey dressed in traditionnal Celtic Costume in front of the Castle and green fireworks promoting the day; QUite good actually and better than the crappy Chip and Dale one.
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

I think this is the image you're talking about, Kinou:

You're right, it does look really good!  :o Shame they had to mirror the castle for no reason again though...

LOL, look at these two:

Chip 'n Dale will be doing Irish dancing on Central Plaza, with the WWODP begun by Mickey & Minnie dressed in Irish costumes and the Paris & Disrict Pipe Band.  The fireworks are mentioned too, but they just say they'll be green, nothing more.  I doubt they'll be as big as the ones in the publicity photo.  Maybe we should prepare ourselves now for the onslaught of complaining fans? :wink:

News & stuff from here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=486

Kristof

Anthony

Thanks for the photos!  Looks like a really good event - much more going on than I expected, actually.

The fireworks look surprisingly good too - can you tell us anything more about them?  Music, duration, etc. etc.?  :D

Mickey & Minnie's costumes are great:

Dlrpfan

What music was used during the desplay?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Jorien

Looks very nice. Only thing i really don't understand is....why??!?!?!
What's so special about st. patricks day? I have no idea what that whole thing is about, i only know it's about a little green dwarf.. :?
If they are starting to celebrate this, then i really think they should celebrate other countries festivities aswell.

So please tell me what's so special that this should be celebrated in DLRP as one of the only events, otherwise i think they should start celebrating our Dutch Queensday aswell on 30th...

Dlrpfan

Please dont make that huge list up like on tdf's forum Jorien!!! Allthough it was VERY funny!!
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Jorien

I'm not planning to.
But i really don't understand what the fuss is all about with this st. patricks day thing. So it should be something really special otherwise i really think they should start celebrating festivities from other countries aswell!

p.s. really offtopic, but when will that title be changed beneath my name? I really don't like that 'chernabog' title.....  :?

Dlrpfan

i kind of worked out every 50th post i make my leval changes but maybe it is more the higher ammount of post u make
Dan

Anthony

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"What music was used during the desplay?
Dlrp.fr is reporting that it was mainly traditional Irish folk songs/music, but with a bit of Pirates of the Caribbean added in there too!  :D

Quote from: "Jorien"But i really don't understand what the fuss is all about with this st. patricks day thing. So it should be something really special otherwise i really think they should start celebrating festivities from other countries aswell!
Well, it's the national saint's day for Ireland, and since so many people have connections with that country (ancestry, family), it's celebrated all over the world.  In England we don't bother to celebrate St. George's Day at all, but loads of people go out for St. Patrick's day.  It's just a very popular event, and personally I'm really happy to see DLRP using it to get some new visitors who perhaps might not have usually thought about visiting the resort.

Of course, some people might think they're favouring the Irish, but I think they're pretty much wrong!  It's a bigger celebration than Bastille Day, it's about time they did something for it...

flor

Quote from: "Jorien"Looks very nice. Only thing i really don't understand is....why??!?!?!

I think it was all paid by the Irish themselves. Yesterday seemed to be 1 big publicity for Ireland (Irish dancers, St-Patricks Day everywhere, a pre-parade, an Irish fireworks)
The reason why I think: In Disney Village were some 'chalets' promoting every region of Ireland.

Kristof

I've uploaded a video of the fireworks display!  

It's in DivX, so if you can't open the file, download the plugin.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/videos/

Anthony

Brilliant video, brilliant display! Thanks! :D

Irish music really fits fireworks well (it worked well with the old Treasure Planet new year fireworks), and I was impressed at how closely the fireworks fitted with the music - the ending in particular was very well done.  Definite thumbs up from me, and I wasn't even there!

Quote from: "flor"I think it was all paid by the Irish themselves. Yesterday seemed to be 1 big publicity for Ireland (Irish dancers, St-Patricks Day everywhere, a pre-parade, an Irish fireworks)
The reason why I think: In Disney Village were some 'chalets' promoting every region of Ireland.
Yeah, now that I think about it, it's a good thing to do for both DLRP and Ireland.  DLRP get extra (Irish) visitors and Ireland's tourist board get some great publicity for their country for people from all over Europe who are in DLRP.

flor

Indeed a lot of Irish yesterday in the parks. Most of them were dressed up with Irish flags, hats, feather boa's, ... even some men were dressed up as Saint-Patrick and giving autographs :s.

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"Well, it's the national saint's day for Ireland, and since so many people have connections with that country (ancestry, family), it's celebrated all over the world.  In England we don't bother to celebrate St. George's Day at all, but loads of people go out for St. Patrick's day.  It's just a very popular event, and personally I'm really happy to see DLRP using it to get some new visitors who perhaps might not have usually thought about visiting the resort.

Of course, some people might think they're favouring the Irish, but I think they're pretty much wrong!  It's a bigger celebration than Bastille Day, it's about time they did something for it...

Yes as a matter of fact i think indeed that they are favouring the irish here. That reason you gave me to attract more visitors, isn't enough to convince me. If they would be celebrating another event from another country they could attract more visitors too then, so why only celebrate this day?
What you said about lots of people go out for st. patrick's day, yeah in your country maybe, not in mine!
Still no idea what this whole day is about, so you have to come up with something better than this!!