Saint Patrick's Day for the first time at DL park!

Started by Kristof, November 30, 2005, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Disneyland park will celebrate for the very first time Saint Patrick's Day on March 17, 2005.

Minnie and Mickey will dress up for the occasion and so will their pals to dance and sing to traditional Celtic music.

The day concludes as Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes a glow of green under dazzling bursts of fireworks!

From the Photos Magiques mainpage

I wonder if they'll bring the Chinese Newyear back to one of the parks too.   :)  :?:

Patrick

This sounds really nice touch and it has nothing to do with my name is in the day :D .  WOW what is up with Disneyland Resort Paris, the other week a welsh festival and now this oh it's like they want to celebrate stuff in and around the UK these days, maybe this is their really quite nice way of trying to get more Irish visitors to the resort.  Plus the fireworks sound quite nice to end the day :) .

maruychan

oh oh oh my God. 17th march 2006 is my 20 b-day.  :shock:  :shock:

:cheshire_bounce: thank you disneyland *___*

Kristof

Quoteoh oh oh my God. 17th march 2006 is my 20 b-day.  

That's awesome!  Buzz Lightyear Laserblast is opening on my birthday.  :D

kate

ahhh, 17th march 2006 is mine and my partners 7th anniversary.

it would be lovvely to spend it in disneyland
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

maruychan

everybody there, on 17th march 2006  :P

Anthony

It's nice to see something like this actually in Disneyland Park itself for once, rather than as a random mini-festival in Disney Village.

I was surprised to read there would be fireworks for this, and actually thought that it was wrong when i read the press release, but I guess it's true!  Well done DLRP!

Things like this will definately help to get more people interested in the resort.  I can actually imagine people who aren't even Irish going to the resort to celebrate the day, thanks to those fireworks...

Sweet Laker

Well, good to hear there is another day to celebrate at DLRP.

But where does Saint Patrick ('s Day) stand for?

Patrick

It's a day celebrated mostly by the Irish about Saint Patrick who is an irish saint amazingly :wink: , well here's a link to something about the origins, I'm too tired to type it :lol:
//http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blstpatricksday2.htm

Sweet Laker

ok, thnx for the quick reply!!  :wink:

I have seen this green elves in a cartoon once (i believe it was a Johnny Bravo cartoon). Now i finally understand the elves attitude  :P  :lol:

Kristof

Good news for everyone bearing the name Patrick  :wink: !  They'll get a free 1 day Hopperpass on Saint-Patricks Day at DLRP!  :D  :lol:

Patrick

Now that's evil :lol: , do they include free eurostar too now that would be a dream come true   :P .

Jorien

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Now that's evil :lol: , do they include free eurostar too now that would be a dream come true   :P .

Wow, so you'll be going even earlier to dlrp than you expected! :wink:

Dlrpfan

Has anyone got any pics of what to expect?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

The only photo released is one featuring Chip n Dale in front of the castle, with fireworks in the sky.  It looks a bit cheap really, since they've just put a green filter on it to use it for the event.

Nothing else has been released, they've never done this celebration before, either...