Saint Patrick's Day for the first time at DL park!

Started by Kristof, November 30, 2005, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I don't see why anyone here has to defend or explain St Patricks day.  The discussion about why and how is closed.

Jorien

Come on, it's a discussion board isn't it? I'm just trying to see why this event is being held there.

sorry if you think i'm trying to provoke or something......

Anthony

Well, I'm guessing it's being held there so that DLRP get some more visitors from a different, new audience and also so that Ireland can promote what they have to offer to a wider range of Europeans, who might not usually consider visiting the country.  So, basically, Ireland and DLRP want to make money, and St. Patrick's is the perfect oppertunity.  It's also a lot of fun... :wink:

I think the fact is, St. Patrick's Day is a big event WORLDWIDE.  Probably the biggest national celebration day of any country - it's celebrated across the globe, whereas most other countries' national days aren't.  Even July 4th isn't much of a worldwide event, despite the US being so huge.  I think celebrating St Patricks in DLRP probably attracted more people than if they'd have done St. Georges Day or the Dutch Queen's day or whatever.

I do agree that they should add some kind of Dutch event at DLRP though.  They've got things for the UK (Bonfire), Ireland (St Patricks) and France (Bastille) now, amongst others.  But would you visit DLRP for a Dutch celebration?

Kristof

Sinterklaas is being celebrated on December 6 at Disney Village.

Kris

From a technical perspective, this display is far superior to Wishes. The timing of those green mines (the bursts from the ground) is so accurate and the awesome fan pattern at the end is also great. It's far more elaborate than the Wishes one and I'm now convinced they used different technology to fire these fireworks.  :P

The display was really good actually. The music mix was fun and the design of the display seemed to be in more patterns than before. They emphasised the sources of the fireworks by having fewer (rather than it all being a blur like normal).

I'm so impressed with everything from yesterday!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Sinterklaas is being celebrated on September 6 at Disney Village.

I guess you mean December 6th? Why then? In the Netherlands we celebrate it at the 5th of December, so even our Sinterklaas fest has got a Flemish flavour to it...  :wink:

I would really support a Queens Day at the Resort. I mean, its on the 30th of April, so at least the Netherlands has got a week off then. I don't know when the other countries do have their holidays but it would really bring in some more people from the Netherlands in that particular day/week. I don't wanna start a country/language topic, but it's time Disney does something towards the Dutch. Common, we are the third country with more then one million Dutch visitors every year, and they can't even announce a parade in proper Dutch. I really feel it's a shame. Besides that... would some fireworks, a Queens Day event at Disney Village and some extra decorations hurt that much?

So.. I lost all my anger for the coming weeks... lets get positive again...  :D

Kristof

And lets get back on topic about Saint Patricks day.

PS.  the Netherlands are on the fourth place  :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"PS.  the Netherlands are on the fourth place  :wink:

Before we go back ontopic, just one last thing: which country does stand on the third place then? I really thought I read somewhere that France was on the first spot, United Kingdom on the second, and the Netherlands on the third one. I'm curoious now, is it Spain or something?  :)

Kristof

lol, yes Martin, it's Spain!  :D  (Belgium comes 5th)

Kristof

Appearently, this topic has caused some issues amongst some board members.

I would like to point out that on this board anything can be discussed, but in the right topic.  If you want to dream up a new season or one day celebration, feel free to post your ideas in the Imagineering board!   8)