Started by MizzRabbit, August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

Another update...I have sooo much more to do :(

"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Laura, you will be needing a large room for all these masterpieces.. :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Javey74"Laura, you will be needing a large room for all these masterpieces.. :mrgreen:

I think They Call Rooms Like that a Gallery...
Come on now laura lets start getting an exhibition sorted out... Gives Us UK members (and those across the seas) a place to meet up outside of DLRP  :D

As per usual Laura the pictures are Perfect... And As usual I am green with Envy at your masterpieces!

burntsienna

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "Javey74"Laura, you will be needing a large room for all these masterpieces.. :mrgreen:

I think They Call Rooms Like that a Gallery...
Come on now laura lets start getting an exhibition sorted out... Gives Us UK members (and those across the seas) a place to meet up outside of DLRP  :D

As per usual Laura the pictures are Perfect... And As usual I am green with Envy at your masterpieces!

Awww thank you both  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Might be a while before I get myself a gallery  :lol:
But I'd love to own a gallery/shop/cafe!
Although you're all welcome to come to the Degree Show in about 2 years  :lol:
And if I win a competition I've entered I could get a photograph on a book!
And if I just get picked as a finalist for another I get to be part of an exhibition in London.
And I've been contacted by someone in Australia to do illustrations for her book...so there could be many a way to spy me  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But I think we need to meet up at some point for sure! Possibly during the summer when us studants are off and if we did it at a weekend then it would be good for the workers  :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

I can't look at this drawing anymore. Its making my head spin .

I keep asking myself  'how'd see get the hair sooo perfect?' , how'd she do those eyes?'  and  'how do you shade like that?'

As I cant comprehend the answer to any of these questions, it makes my head go Kcfoidhvoisdoancdowohoiaaaaa!!!!!

What's the english term for when you experience to conflicting emotions at once, cause that's what I've got. Spellbound by the level of artist skill on show, and Extreme envy cause I couldn't do it myself  :wink:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I can't look at this drawing anymore. Its making my head spin .

I keep asking myself  'how'd see get the hair sooo perfect?' , how'd she do those eyes?'  and  'how do you shade like that?'

As I cant comprehend the answer to any of these questions, it makes my head go Kcfoidhvoisdoancdowohoiaaaaa!!!!!

What's the english term for when you experience to conflicting emotions at once, cause that's what I've got. Spellbound by the level of artist skill on show, and Extreme envy cause I couldn't do it myself  :wink:

Lol  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: Thank you so much :D
The hair is quite simple but annoyingly repetative. You basically go from the top starter point and swipe outwards gently with the pencil then you do it from the base starter point and meet somewhat in the middle or where ever you want the shine to appear. Then you go over it another 2 times with increasing pressure to create darker strands of hair, making sure you leave certain areas the shade you did before for the shine :)

Then with the eyes its mainly the shading that does that. The shading is pretty similar to the hair, but instead of lines its lots and lots of continuous connective circles with different pressures and different layers to create the shadows etc. The shading can be quite annoying because I don't allow myself to smudge/blend with my finger, everything has to be done by pressure and layers  :lol: So when it comes to a part like the shoulder its very annoying because I need a continous shade and getting that's quite difficult. Thats why the faces are the most fun to do  :mrgreen:

I hope that makes it a little less Kcfoidhvoisdoancdowohoiaaaaa, in your head Pete's Dragon  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pete's Dragon

aaahhhhh I seee....... I think I'll stick to my building with all their nice straight lines  :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"aaahhhhh I seee....... I think I'll stick to my building with all their nice straight lines  :)
Lol!  :mrgreen: I'm really bad at buildings...I can't draw anything straight...unless i use a rule...but then still they aren't paralle  :lol:

Pete's Dragon

Gonna post this here, cause technically it's a form of artwork  :?

I call it "If you want a decent cuppa, then you gotta do it yourself."    
Enjoy

[youtube:2qzbf9jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DjQe0RJ1Vw[/youtube:2qzbf9jk]

DLP-Photos.com

Simply amazing development on the piece of art there Laura  =D>  I agree, get a gallery!

Your little movie just made me laugh PD - great fun  :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Butlin Boy

PD, that is awesome! :lol:

burntsienna

PD I love it!
I saw it on your Facebook too last night it made me chuckle and then my mum thought i was strange  :mrgreen:  :roll:  :lol:
I am baffled as to how its done  :D

Pete's Dragon

Its quite easy when you know how.

1) Filmed myself setting the cup down, then walk off screen. Letting the camera run, I walked around, sat down and waited for a few seconds and then lifted the cup up again.

2)Loaded the video onto the computer. Using Windows MovieMaker I cut the video into Parts A + B (A: setting down the cup. B: lifting it up)

3)Loaded Part A over the top of Part B. And here's were it gets technical....

4) On Part B, you select the bits you DONT want see. Beacuse there is another layer beneath (Part A), it replaces the blanked out bits with the other video. So the cup is sitting on the table the whole time, but there's a big square on the top of it blocking it from being seen.

5) When the cup is set down in Part A, the square is removed from Part B. The square is then placed over Part A (so when the cup is lifted, it doesnt appear on the table too).

That's as best as I can explain it without diagrams + pictures. Hope you can get your head around it   :) .

I'm now trying to figure out how I can throw a ball to myself  :?

burntsienna

Wow I'm still confused lol :)
could you throw the ball one way then throw it the other but reverse that one so it goes backwards?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "burntsienna"Wow I'm still confused lol :)
could you throw the ball one way then throw it the other but reverse that one so it goes backwards?

Sadly cant reverse the film ( I think ). The best I can come up with is I film myself throwing the ball, then get Jasmine to throw the ball to me. Put them together and erase Jasmine. The only problem is matching the trajectory of the ball on both parts