Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

[youtube:1fj702s9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O1KVZ_0NRw&feature=sub[/youtube:1fj702s9]
Its NOT a report , but a update.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Brilliant video bro:) nice to see the area starting to get built;)

Disneydavid

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"Brilliant video bro:) nice to see the area starting to get built;)
Nice to get some respect back ;)

You can expect this every month. Next update is on 13 februari ;) Fences dont do me something :P Reporterdavid gets his tapes ;)

but only on this channel...http://www.youtube.com/user/DLPChannel

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Adam

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"3 meters, is that all. I was hoping for something grander in scale. 3 meters is the height of a Na'vi in Avatar. 30 meters ....... now you're talking.

I think it will have to be a bit taller than that. It will have to have at least 2 metres through Buzz's legs to allow sufficient head height and it will have to be sufficiently wide to allow a big enough gap to walk through. If Buzz is on a 1 metre block on each side, then a 3 metre one will be ok, but it would only leave enough room for 1 person to walk under at a time and not even a buggy. Imagine you are standing on 2 blocks - not many people could walk under you and you are most likely 1.7 metres. 4 metres plus some 1 metre blocks?

Kristof

It's 3 metres...   :wink:  but like I and you've said, that doesn't include the blocks.  :)

Adam

Quote from: "Kristof"It's 3 metres...   :wink:  but like I and you've said, that doesn't include the blocks.  :)

It is going to need at least 1 metre blocks and either Buzz does the splits or a bit of a squat position to provide sufficient width of the entrance - I would assume they will want a few metres (3) rather than a small entrance - unless that it is a desired effect? It will have to be big enough for a wheelchair and double buggy, so at least 2 metres.

I look forward to seeing Buzz looming over - not sure if it is going to have the same effect if it isn't going to be huge!  :?

Anthony

Buzz isn't straddling the entrance to the land, there are large gaps either side and he's positioned slightly further out, like a statue, so it's more something to walk around rather than directly under.

The size seems about right to me. I'd still have preferred the robot idea to a dead-eyed version of a main character (who'll presumably be walking around nearby anyway) but at least it's not as bad as the All Stars Movie Resort... http://www.lifthill.com/images/2009/03/ ... ue-400.jpg Yuk.

Kristof

Quotewho'll presumably be walking around nearby anyway

Interesting you mention this.  Apparently, the show writers of the land have forbidden character meet 'n' greets at TSPL.  There are quite a few photo locations (6 or so) instead.

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"

Interesting you mention this.  Apparently, the show writers of the land have forbidden character meet 'n' greets at TSPL.  There are quite a few photo locations (6 or so) instead.

I think that's sensible considering it's size, to have characters  being mobbed in that space would be so unnecessary!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "Kristof"

I think that's sensible considering it's size, to have characters  being mobbed in that space would be so unnecessary!

That and it'd ruin the illussion of being their size. If they keep it to scale (as if you were a toy) the only characters that they could realistically have walking around would be the Green Army Men, which wouldn't be bad considering that they have their own attraction.

I'm glad to hear this news though, I think it'd work better that way :)

Kristof

Construction photo by Disneytheque.com from past Tuesday.

The building on the background is part of RC Racer.  The frame on the right is the Slinky Dog box.  :)

Willow

Here's a thought: Whats everyone's opinion that Toy Story Playland should get a Christmas overlay in the same way that "A Bugs Land" gets?

Kristof

The christmas lights are shown on scale model, so I assume they will be part of the land all year long. :-)

Disneydavid

This is a nice update.

For iTunes ] and MP3!

ulak

Nice!! Please, will be TS Playland open from 1.July - 100% ??
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]