Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

I am not sure whether to post this here (I was tempted to start another thread as I know many are skipping this one now, but I was frightened of being told off by the mods). DLP will be broadcasting the opening ceremony on Facebook at 12:30 CET:

http://www.facebook.com/disneylandparis ... 7478235992
since 2001 (many before that)

PetiteSirene

Thanks DWB! Am watching now... I didnt realise how tall that bamboo is! From certain angles it blocks the ToT!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Tuvok

They filmed some scenes when I was there! Cool!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

PetiteSirene

Today is going to be a real test on how the rides can cope under large crowds. Will be curious to see what the wait times were like considering the land is crawling with guests.

The smiles on those kids faces are just so precious!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Tuvok

LIVE wait times at the first hour of opening:

Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop: 90 minutes
Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin: 40 minutes
RC Racer: 80 minutes

And rising... Crush had 70 minutes wait during this first hour. Source: DCP.

davewasbaloo

Darn it, I posted it up but a work call meant I missed it and there is nothing there now. Did I miss anything of interest?

Tuvok

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Darn it, I posted it up but a work call meant I missed it and there is nothing there now. Did I miss anything of interest?

If you mean the live coverage of the opening? It just ended. Nothing too special, just some cool onride video's and the usual opening ceremony with Mickey, interviews with the Imagineers and visitors. It's very crowded though.

JelleP

Just watched the Live broadcast from TSPL and it was great! Really interesting to watch. It's a shame everything was in French (as always... :roll:), but the videos were very nice!! :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

davewasbaloo

Were there any celebs there, or significant imagineers, or John Lasseter?

PetiteSirene

I understood some of the french but judging from the looks on peoples faces the land ticked a lot of boxes for people (Did you see the kids on Slinky? That almost made me cry! So adorable!) The on ride videos were great, gave me a better feel of the ride themselves rather than just how they look.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

jstill

hey there,looking at all the pictures and all the videos i will have to say that this does look better than i expected, but having been to california and walked through "a bugs land" this looks slightly better but still not up to the disney standards that we as fans have come to expect, however i am going in 4 weeks and will judge in person when i am there, i just thought i would add my 2 cents into the mix, hope no one minds.

Disneydavid

And it finally opened up :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Tuvok

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Were there any celebs there, or significant imagineers, or John Lasseter?

As far as I could tell there were only local Imagineers who worked on the project (from DLP-Imagineering), no American guests. I have no idea if there were French celebs, as I can't recognise them. John was missing to. Maybe he got sick in Slinky Dog...  8)

I think there will be more significant guest during the Shareholders Special Event in september?

dlrpkris

Looks like FilipV had posted the online videostream onto YouTube:

[youtube:20oyuq4a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-VKGejnK2Q[/youtube:20oyuq4a]

Such a shame they saved all their dramatics for the festival micro entertainment enhancements and not the multi million Euro new land. Ah well. Hope potential guests actually get to know the land has arrived...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Festival Disney

The land has had a brief write up on the Disney Park blog...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... and-paris/
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day