Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Hey guys!

I know I said that I will not return here, but I had the whole day to think about the topic and now I know that I was overreacting. I'm very sorry what was happening here.

And let's bring this thread back on topic!

carrydee38

am glad you decided to come back as I said earlier...its a forum  bit like marmite you either love it or hate it...but one thing we all have in common is we like disney.....roll on november till i get to walk around tspl and view it for real...

PetiteSirene

Ewwww Marmite!!!! ;) as I said in the other thread Welcome back Dagobert!

I too am looking forward to seeing this place for my own. I am sure there are loads of little details for us to discover on our own. I am looking forward to trying RC Racer (thrill junkie that I am lol) but I think its seeing the land in person thats the most exciting. Not sure on the Parachute drop, but will have to see.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

disneyrules

After looking at all the pictures of the rides, scenes, structures and even the queues i think it looks fantastic. :D  
You are all so lucky going to see toystory playland im not going again this year :P
Have fun everyone :D
Does anybody know yet what things they a selling in the barrel of monkeys shop in TSPL?
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

claire2281

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"On one level Claire, that may seem fine. But call me old fashioned, I am the school of thought that all Disney attractions should be suitable for the whole family to ride. That is why Walt built Disneyland in the first place.

A nice idea perhaps but impractical imo and not good business sense. Thrill rides are an integral part of all theme parks these days and Disney would be at a disadvantage if they didn't include them.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "disneyrules"Does anybody know yet what things they a selling in the barrel of monkeys shop in TSPL?

From the photos I have seen it looks rather toy based...

Img credit to filipv at Theme Park Review

You can see a Buzz toy at the front with those little plastic squeezy baby toys. The packages at the back also look toy like. I would imagine they would be selling mainly pins and Toy Story things.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

disneyrules

Thank you i though it would be i could always be wrong :)
I am glad that there selling strictly toy story stuff there and not random stuff from other movies :D
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

PetiteSirene

Will make sure I have a good look when I got in 4 weeks and get a few photos ;)

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

disneyrules

I will enjoy seeing them.
[/size]

PetiteSirene

just seen this picture and you can see a Buzz Costume for sale ;)

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

disneyrules

Thanks for posting i think i have seen these costumes in some other disney shops.
[/size]

smurfy74

im personally looking forward to the parachute drop - the RC racer looks a little scary  :?

disneyrules

From just looking at the rides i think my favourite ride is slinkys zig zag spin but that is just because slinky is one of my favourite toy story characters :)
I would love to go on all the rides though i wonder if they will add new rides after a few years-i hope so.
[/size]

Malin

So I have been watching some videos uploaded on to YouTube of Toy Story Playland today. While I'm not a fan of most of what I've seen from the pictures posted. I do see some elements of the land I like. And have decided to comment on them.

The first thing has to be the background music. It seems like Disney has come up with a brand new score for the land. Also Toy Solidiers Parachute Jump and Slinky have seperate soundtracks. These little details really help create a themed envioment.

It appears from one of the videos I viewed Buzz, Woody and Jessie were out roaming the land. Hope Disney come up with a permanent schedule in future. Also be cool to see other Toy Story Characters out in future like Lotso.

The Slinky attraction seems to be the winner out of the three rides. Being the least intrusive and offering some charm and humour. Will likely check this ride out on my trip next month.

I really like the Buzz and Rex statues and happy to see a new gift shop. Even if it does seem to be selling Toys from the movie.

From tomorrow this land will offer the Studios some much needed ride capacity and will hopely free up space in line for the Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Crush. And in a way tomorrow marks a new day in the Studios history. As crowd patterns and Guests flow will be altered for ever.    

I have one question does anyone know if any special Toy Story Playland merchandise will go on sale inside the park to celebrate the opening?

PetiteSirene

Like you think I wont be dragging your behind on RC Smurfy ;)

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia