Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

The only thing that can save the park now is major rebuild like at DCA. WDS is the worst of all Disneyparks ever.

eeyore_fan

@TimmyTimmyTimmy

Please stop being so constantly negative. It's rather depressing. :)  

Anyway, I think perhaps we should accept that this won't be the best thing to come out of WDI in the past few years HOWEVER I think we should still be happy that we are getting THREE new rides for the park.

I personally think that TSP will be quite good when it's finished and will, at least, add some much needed greenery to the park. And perhaps when the "grass" is added the rides may not be so obvious from the rest of the park.

I'm personally looking forward to RC Racer when I next go - it looks great fun!  :D
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."  - Walt Disney

Daniel

Here is a video of Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop testing:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd76j8 ... ssion_news

tubbsy

Quote from: "eeyore_fan"I think perhaps we should accept that this won't be the best thing to come out of WDI in the past few years HOWEVER I think we should still be happy that we are getting THREE new rides for the park.
:thumbs: Well said!

The thing is TimmyTimmyTimmy we, as a family, go to Disney once every couple of years or so with two adults a teenager and a 7 year old who has special needs, with different wants from the parks, rides, shows, meet n greets.
We've only been four times, going for our fifth trip at the end of August and we are all very excited. Every time we have been we have all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - as a family - all coming back with great memories.
OK so it may be carnival rides, but what is Carousel de lancelot?
The whole point is that people can go young and old and find something they love in their holiday in Disney. And as eeyore_fan said its 3 new rides

Do you know we've never been up to the Indiana Jones  and the temple of peril?-simply because its not something me, my DH and the teenager want to ride, but we appreciate others do, thats why its there. We just ignore it-right up to the moment the 7 year old is tall enough! :shock:  :lol:

You dont like TSP - fair dos - its big and going to be hard for you to ignore when you go- I respect that. Now lets move on.

Daniel-Great video-the 7 year old thinks its "Cool!" the 15 year old said "Yep I'll ride it!" -I got sweaty palms! :shock:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

jwagner

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"The only thing that can save the park now is major rebuild like at DCA. WDS is the worst of all Disneyparks ever.

Yeah, but there won't be one...   :(  :-k

Columbiad

Quote from: "jwagner"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"The only thing that can save the park now is major rebuild like at DCA. WDS is the worst of all Disneyparks ever.

Yeah, but there won't be one...   :(  :-k

Yet. :D

Quote from: "tubbsy"The thing is TimmyTimmyTimmy we, as a family, go to Disney once every couple of years or so with two adults a teenager and a 7 year old who has special needs, with different wants from the parks, rides, shows, meet n greets.
We've only been four times, going for our fifth trip at the end of August and we are all very excited. Every time we have been we have all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - as a family - all coming back with great memories.
OK so it may be carnival rides, but what is Carousel de lancelot?
The whole point is that people can go young and old and find something they love in their holiday in Disney. And as eeyore_fan said its 3 new rides

You dont like TSP - fair dos - its big and going to be hard for you to ignore when you go- I respect that. Now lets move on.

Well said Tubbsy.  =D>   =D>   =D>

Martyn

I hope all the 'parachutes' wont be run at the same time, like that vid show, it looks....odd. And it would be good if they didn't just go straight up, then straight down 3 times.

A little variety would be nice, like a few smaller drops, and dropping from half way up when you dont expect it 'kind of thing'. BUT, they were just testing it, so you never know.

jwagner

Quote from: "Martyn"I hope all the 'parachutes' wont be run at the same time, like that vid show, it looks....odd. And it would be good if they didn't just go straight up, then straight down 3 times.

A little variety would be nice, like a few smaller drops, and dropping from half way up when you dont expect it 'kind of thing'. BUT, they were just testing it, so you never know.

I think that the final ride will also run like the "test-version"
The jumping jellyfish in DCA and TDS are just going up and down, too.
nevertheless it looks much more exciting than i expected  :)

davewasbaloo

Some people really do get much too high on the pixie dust. And really do not understand the Disney difference at all. I stand by the assertion I made in the mid 90's, perhaps Europe does not deserve a Disney park?  And more to the point, what happened to the Disney I fell in love with?

Stuff like this is ruining the few good things the park had going for it. And the defenders of this rubbish are a big part of the problem.
since 2001 (many before that)

eeyore_fan

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"perhaps Europe does not deserve a Disney park?

Excuse me?????????? Are we not good enough??????????????????????????????????????

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And the defenders of this rubbish are a big part of the problem.

I'll try not to take any of this personally.

I am actually horrified by this and I think that maybe this sort of attitude doesn't help either.  

BTW - well said Tubbsy  :thumbs:  =D>
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."  - Walt Disney

tubbsy

With respect Davewasbaloo-I hear what you are saying but I am high on the pixie dust and am reading all threads and drinking up as much info as I can-this trip has been hard worked for, having a husband who works away for the best part of half a year and probably my last holiday with my gorgeous, but nearly adult daughter and I am going to make the most of every minute. We plan, re plan, discuss, lament we may not bebable to do everything, get excited over seeing favourite characters, doing favourite rides, discuss pros and cons over some not so favourite ones in this house, count down the days (Oh God, I've forgotten how many hours I have til I go! Must go work it out! :lol: ) We cant go that often, but when we do-boy we have a damn good time.

I think this is all getting way too heated again. Can we please just move on to looking at how the construction is going and critique it ?- comments on that the trees arent covering buildings making it hard on the eye is fair comment and saying you dont like it is too. My DH is trying to get his head round TSPL - he says the parachute drop reminds him way too much of his work and the RC track reminds him of our son's room! (Hang on DH thats the point, its Andys garden! See? It isnt all perfect here :lol: )But this thread is on the verge of  slipping into a slanging match again. Kristoff and Anthony has asked us on previous pages not to get into slanging matches. This discussion may not be there yet but it will be very soon. Big breath, think happy thoughts (or not depending on your view of the rides and theming, We are all entitled to our points of view) and lets move on

It would be great if the parachutes varied in drop sequence-you wouldnt be sure when you were gonna drop.What am I saying???  :shock: :lol: But wouldnt it be hard to do as its all running off one system? Note-my naivity of technology! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Aurora

Just realised that next time I go TSPL will be open! I`m curios to see whatt it looks like when it is open. Seeing the construction this april, and not knowing(then) when I`ll be back, it took me a while to realise I`ll be able to try it. (I`m not always that slow.... ;) )
Aurora

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Is it hard to understand that a true disneypark fan gets worried and dissapointed when they turn a nice pice of empty land into a six flags paris when it could have been a DisneySEA or even a Hollywood Studios?
Don´t tell me not to be negative. I don´t tell you not to be positive.
I as a person that gets tears in my eyes when I enter a Disneyland HATE what they are doing to WDS. Everytime I see a new picture I hate the park even more. I will visit it for sure... but just to do a few of the few rides. Then I will leave and let the smallest of children keep having fun with their Toystory land.
Show me great looking views and I will love it. It was a forum like this that made me the hardcore Disneyland fan that I am. But this thread makes me wonder what it is the "fans" want.
What the "fans" get is cheap terrible looking rides that force the person riding them use alot of imagination to even to come close to the feeling one gets when riding Pirates, the mountains and other rides that have become known all over the world.
Walt Disney would not approve and by the way... we already have on carnival section in the resort. Another one worse looking is not needed and would not be missed if it went. All the toys will do is to make something bad even worse.

Is TSPL what anyone would have wished for when it comes to new additions in any Disneypark?

Kristof

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Don´t tell me not to be negative. I don´t tell you not to be positive.

I have the impression that's what you're doing, or trying to do.  You're entitled to have your opinion about Toy Story Playland, but so are others, positive or negative.  Take that in mind please.  :)

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Don´t tell me not to be negative. I don´t tell you not to be positive.

I have the impression that's what you're doing, or trying to do.  You're entitled to have your opinion about Toy Story Playland, but so are others, positive or negative.  Take that in mind please.  :)

Everybody has an oppinion. I don´t try to put anyone down. But I can´t understand how people tend to look forward to this. Isn´t bad news always bad news how ever they are portrayed in the end? Anybody that has insight in Disney has to admit that the toys are not a good solution to a really big problem. Strange to see disney fans liking this. I´ll try to be not as shocked the next time we get to see more pictures of that horrible thing they are building in WDS:)

It would be great to see how the WDS park is doing in numbers a year from now.