Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "smurfy74"That price surely has to be wrong - toy story mania has a price of $80 million thats about £52 million, the TOT is estimated to have cost about £100 million , toy story mania would have been a better bet as its inside and would have worked better with the Parisian climate surely??
Which version was that? The Florida TSMM was built in an existing building, wasn't it?

The Paris Tower of Terror was apparently €180m. We've no way of knowing whether each resort calculates these figures the same. Euro Disney SCA could be adding on everything from advertising to tea bags, or is labour and importing really that much more expensive for France?

Quote from: "Alan"What I find really frustrating is Disneyland Paris' lack of transparency. I think that's the right word. There doesn't seem to be any people, a recognisable face, a human element, representing the company. You know what I mean? There's no visible person at the top, who cares about the 2 parks, and has a vision. There's no John Lasseter figure.
Yes, yes and yes again to everything you say. I'm sure there is someone at WDI or DLP-I in charge of Disneyland Paris, but we're just not allowed to know of them. At Disneyland Resort especially, the movements of Imagineers are tracked in minute detail and very important to the growth of the park.

Who do we have in Paris? Kat de Blois?

CafeFantasia

180 million Euros for the Tower of Terror in Paris? That makes it a $248 million attraction! I don't believe that. That sounds about $148 million too high!

Anthony

Well I always thought the same, but I'm sure we saw that officially confirmed somewhere...

It doesn't quite add up when you consider they got Buzz, Crush, Cars and Tower out of that €240m package, unless Euro Disney SCA also got extra cash from elsewhere. It's a shame they don't release proper figures like Oriental Land Co.

JelleP

I also thought that the Paris' ToT costed a €180.-, but I'm not sure...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

lil-shawn

Who want more?

davewasbaloo

Remember that DLP does cost a lot more to build attractions than the US, especially ToT. In the US, they can still build out of wood if they want, and planning permission and all the work that goes with it are much cheaper and easier. In France, all structures must be concrete or steel (which is more expensive than the DCA or WDW versions), builders are union members; taxes are higher; and the cost of almost everything is higher here.
since 2001 (many before that)

Ronald767

Wow , is that toystory playland now? Looking great!

JelleP

^ I don't think it'll look that bad from the ground, but it's definately changing the skyline forever.
They're lucky that you won't see the tower from the Disneyland Park! :O
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

Disneydavid

Quote from: "JelleP"^It's very shaky :wink:

I really think DLP needs to communicate with their fans, like Disneyland and Disney World do (with podcasts, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, anything!) The only behind the scenes we get to see from DLP come from DLRP Magic!, DLRP Today, etc... The Disneyland Podcast is really awesome and it's free advertisement too!

So please DLP: communicate!

Well , thats exactly  why I wanted to make a Mp3 Podcast. Becouse I think that Disneyland Paris cand do way better and they had to update their own podcast. I know , my english isn't that good , but I try what I can.

anyway , i just wanted to say that ;

a new BUILDING update is coming up... after this weekend ;)w

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

JelleP

^ You're doing a great job with that Podcast! But I don't think that we, as DLP fans, are allowed behind the scenes and that's the thing I love from the Disneyland Resort Podcast...

Disneydavid

What does NGF mean in the topic-title?

I think this thing is gonna be quite huge , another atraction where we can see the park... just like these ones...

Big thunder mountain (from the highest point)
Panoramique - which you must pay for... but then you can realy see the whole resort!
Tower of Terror (for a second..)
Parachute Drop and
RC Racer (well , a bit criss-cross , but you come on a high point :P)

Just add some ferriswheel and we are all complete.... o wait , we have one! Only it doesn't work anymore as a 'ride'  (fantasyland , the old mill)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

JelleP

^ NGF means New Generation Festival, I guess. And I just hope it's not gonna be that huge...

Anthony

Just trying to make the topics clearer with the (NGF), although it's possibly not needed here after all.

Here's a question: Did we ever find out the actual capacity of the Parachute Drop? I only just noticed that the full TSPL concept shows SIX people on each parachute, three people back-to-back, facing each direction. That'd be fantastic (although not so great for seeing into backstage areas), but anyway - other concepts show just 2 and the plans we've seen appear to show 3 per parachute. Anyone know the final figure?

CafeFantasia

I don't know the final figure.

Over on Jumpin' Jellyfish at DCA, they have 2 towers, 6 parachutes per tower, and 2 people per parachute. So that's 12 people per tower, so 24 people potentially riding at once. Ride duration is supposedly 1 minute 30 seconds.

The ride is manufactured by Intamin AG and is officially known as "Children's Parachute Tower".

QTXAdsy

Well the parachute drop doesn't look as big as I had first thought (It does though stick out like a sore thumb), but I can only wonder what RC Racer's size will be.

Here Come The Belgians!