Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysha

Those pictures are from the repetition of yesterday, the show will be the same this night for the press and VIP.

It really looks fantastic  =D>

littlemermaid83

From them pictures i agree it looks fantastic but "us" folks will get the watered down version.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Why don't they just spend the money and paint the castle up to standard?
Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm sorry, but how on earth is this good?! :lol: The Mickey spires look awful. There's no need for them, they're ugly; so why have them?
Quote from: "MagicStar"Go back to Walts roots. Telling a story. a perfect story.
And ugly Mickey spires are not a part of the castles story!

Well, to play devil's advocate for a second, I suppose this awful habit was born out of necessity — Disneyland Paris was the first resort that constantly needed to actively draw crowds without the aid of a shiny new ride. They've become masters at it, and it's now being copied at other resorts. Hurray.

Unfortunately, in all likelihood people won't amass to the resort for a freshly repainted castle. They will apparently do so for gimmicky celebrations. Even a few people on this forum are evidently yearning to see these golden pretzels with their own eyes.

I just wish they could leave some slightly better people in charge of these things. It might not seem that way after all the Toon Circuses and pop music-infused Main Street festivals we've been forced to sit through all these years, but temporary celebrations can be nice. They can even complement the park. Just look at the flower festivals held at Disneyland Paris in the '90s and each year at Epcot and DisneySea. In fact, look at any festival they hold at DisneySea.

But with things like this it's almost as if the organizers thought, "I just love these fiberglass figures we had made, but what a shame we can't lose that drab castle behind it." And attempted not to enhance, but veritably camouflage Main Street. Which is a shame, considering the gem of a park they have to work with.

Masamune

Quote from: "dlrp2719"Here are some pictures MMP: http://disneylandmagie.over-blog.com/ar ... 81332.html
:D Wow, it looks amazing. Like littlemermaid83 says though, I doubt this is what they'll be doing every single night.

CentralPlazaPerson

I can see most people are against Mickey's Magical Party for various reason :lol:
but what I can't really get tot grips is what are we celebrating? I know it's a party but for what and does it really need to last a year?
You should maybe just have the party for a week and every day Mickey opens a new show or attraction.
and Btw why don't we have a special party for Stitch too.....wouldn't be surprised  :lol:  :lol:
I was oj btw :wink:

Magicalmouse125

Uhmmmm, how many Mickey spires are there. i can only count 3 and are they different sizes?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

TowMater

That is alot of characters or is it dancers?  :lol:

I have not seen the Mickey spirals yet so I won't complain til I see it.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Clarebelle

I dont think any of the decor is as bad as the "hype" surrounding it

To be honest I was absolutly dreading my holiday to dlrp :( and I was so scared to see the castle, I was expecting a giant inflatable Mickey Mouse the size of the castle itself, but as I walked out the the arcade I was pleasantly surprised! honestly everyone on here has been so anti MMP!!!!

and lets face it, if dlrp ignored Mickeys 80th it would be much more of a crime, its just a bit of fun!

[youtube:ttoxjpyd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0dfW6q24ws&feature=channel_page[/youtube:ttoxjpyd]

[youtube:ttoxjpyd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtSi0w6pWlM&feature=channel[/youtube:ttoxjpyd]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

15MagicalYears

Thank you for the pics and Video Clarebelle! I love Minnies Party Train and the decor is ok, but Mickeys Party Time is just awful.  :x

Magicalmouse125

Thank you very much Clarabelle, now i can finally see what It's party time is like and Minnie's party train. Awesome! :D
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

MagicKenny

[dailymotion:1ttx0hce]x8tfv3_promo-mickey-star-fete-magique-de-m_news[/dailymotion:1ttx0hce]
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

15MagicalYears

That makes it look awesome! 8)
Shame it will probably never be like that again  :?

MagicStar

hhmmmmm :?
The problem I see is... They are doing this huge press event. And no doubt. This looks fantastic!!!!!!
BUT: All the TV-Stations and Newspapers and Web-Channels show THIS event:

Quote from: "MagicKenny"[dailymotion:2mw7kwve]x8tfv3_promo-mickey-star-fete-magique-de-m_news[/dailymotion:2mw7kwve]

And all what people get when they visit DLRP... is THAT
[youtube:2mw7kwve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0dfW6q24ws&feature=channel_page[/youtube:2mw7kwve]

:?  :?  :?  :?
Don´t you think they will be very disappointed????  :|
 :?  :?  :?  :?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Willow

The press launch looked epic, is Kristof there so we may get a full video of it all?

Looked like one the best launch's I've seen.

pussinboots

Reminds me of Candleabration — the press version was epic, the normal version was so dull that by the time it was over, people weren't convinced something had ever started.