Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

From the real video, the show lacks feedback from the crowd. In the States they even record that as part of the show. Do we? We need cheers from the audience to create an atmosphere. Wow, that promo looks quite something
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Aveen2008

Thanks ClareBelle for posting the video clips.

By looking at the MMP on stage it looks like the stage itself is really high and far away from the crowd...maybe this isn't how it really is but it doesn't look good from that perspective. It doesn't look like a show you would say 'wow' about but I guess it's a change from 2 years of the Candlelabration (sorry poor spelling). The press release video does look great (thanks magicKenny for posting it) but as other people have said the real show isn't anything like that really. The stage isn't that full, there isn't that many characters and it's not held at night with fireworks :? so if people go by the press release they will be...surprised at what they get lol!

Minnie's Party Train looks...well exactly the same as the Character Express :P  except they have fired loads of colour onto it (which they could have done better) and stuck Minnie on it and called it something else! There doesn't even seem to be a change of the same monotonous characters we have seen on the train over the past two years!! :shock:  Don't get me wrong I completely love the Character Express and I am so glad it's stayed ( I love meet n' greets) but in a way it seems a bit like DLP took a shortcut and just changed the look of the train and renamed it something else and are now advertising it as something great especially for the MMP year which isn't true...its just a dolled up Character express! In my opinion they should have just left the Character Express alone.

I know people don't like the Castle decor but I definately think it could be worse and I don't mind it personally.

This is all just my view though, please don't hurt me! :P lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Magicalmouse125

I've enjoyed all the videos so far so thank you everyone for posting, but it still makes me wonder why they pull off such an incredible and epic openeing ceremony only to follow with a less than spectactular show. It does'nt make sense. :(  :?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"I have to admit that the Mickey shaped spires don't look too bad

The spires look a lot worse in real life.  The fake golden colour contrast terribly in the sun with the real spires.  And the way they are shaped, it's almost like they were made with Playdoh.

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "Kristof"The spires look a lot worse in real life.  The fake golden colour contrast terribly in the sun with the real spires.  And the way they are shaped, it's almost like they were made with Playdoh.

Sorry to hear that :(  They look ok in the pictures... as for the show.. the press event looked amazing... kinda hoping they will have a night showing of the show with at least the castle lighting effects... those looked great!  and not like that would cost much to do each night
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

MagicKenny

I can't embed this video here, but here is the video that disneyland resort paris shot:
//http://vimeo.com/3921130

It looks quite good in the video actually!
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Magicalmouse125

That is a great video, and it gives us a real insite, into everything, i love the playhouse disney part and the press launch looks incredible much bigger than the 15th. In fact i just love the whole video!

Well done MagicKenny, good job. :D  :D
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"The spires look a lot worse in real life.  The fake golden colour contrast terribly in the sun with the real spires.  And the way they are shaped, it's almost like they were made with Playdoh.
Or they were waiting to be installed backstage and someone ran over them... :wink:

Just from the first few seconds of that video, all the official photos I'm trying to sort through and all the brochures, tv ads, etc, one thing is clear: they've done a great job on their marketing this year. Perhaps better than the 15th, definitely more co-ordinated. I just really, really hope the brilliant regular attractions of the parks are enough to cushion the not-so-good advertised MMP events when people arrive.

smurfy74

well i loved the video, but the stitch thing still isnt working for me, but the playhouse disney show looks cool

jennytablina

Opinions so far considering the previews

There's some things DLRP are doing very right with this celebration: but some other areas that really maybe needed a little more time to bake in the proverbial oven before being presented.

Stars n Cars looks fantastic and I look forward to seeing it as they've really come leaps and bounds over the MGM/Hollywood Studios original. The cars look amazing and the mini show is a nice addition: though I guess this means there isn't much entertainment wise during the day at Studios

Stitch's Dance Party is hard to conclude on. Its certainly different, but it's hard to tell if it'll really catch on or not. I see where they are going with a kind of DDR-esque show, but I really dont know if people will dig it. I'm up for a boogie but concerned only kiddies will join in XD. Plus it sort of slides towards the wrong side of futuristic, crossing into plain-cheesyville at times

Mickeys Magical Party show seems hard to judge too: it feels like a show that maybe is better when your there. The dancings mostly fine but the mix of French and English feels a little inequal: The hosts and Mickey seem to speak a lot of french and only a smattering of English goes with the rest of it. I guess maybe DLRP wants to stress the fact its in France or something.

The HSM decision baffles me: did they run out of money for chirography? I mean a best of show isnt terrible but only one track from HSM3? This is a real shame because the 3rd film easily had the best soundtrack. Buffolo Bills seems a random change too but if it pulls in more audiences you cant really blame Disney for trying to keep this show going

In any case I dont think this celebration is a disaster, it seems theres a bit going on and its all still pretty enjoyable. Its not the greatest disney event ever but you cant expect corkers every year
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

Agent Lex

Is it me, or is it the same kids in each of the 3 showings of Playhouse Disney Live? Those kids must have been bored watching it 3 times! :P

15MagicalYears

I don't think the kids watched it three times, they used the same clips.

Poppy The Monkey

The Castle plaque for Mickey's Magical Party that appeared last week covering the Stained Glass window - has been REMOVED!

Only 3 of the Mickey Shaped castle spires remain....

RnRCj

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Castle plaque for Mickey's Magical Party that appeared last week covering the Stained Glass window - has been REMOVED!

Oh yeah! At least we know someone over there has taste! :P

Kristof

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Castle plaque for Mickey's Magical Party that appeared last week covering the Stained Glass window - has been REMOVED!

:lol:   Maybe SQS (Show Quality Standards) left their office in Val d'Europe for once to actually go inside the park??  :lol:  :lol:

Well, three more things to go then!  Thanks for reporting Poppy, this made my evening.  (Let's hope it's not coming back...)